PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

LAN-ED-TUL
06-16-2007, 07:20 PM
sos that cat smackin the wall in your animation sig!! LOL

Wolverine
06-16-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah I like it too, had a good chuckle, great editing job! :wink: 8)

Hey LAN, when do you think you'll want that cape chain? :wink:

When your ready, just shoot me a PM, and I'll send you the info. :wink:

Hasid Lafre
06-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I wish I could take the credit for it but I found it strangly looking for a picture of a costume.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-17-2007, 01:55 AM
i run across that myself on a site, it is hilarious.

wolverine, soon as the 2nd set of armor arrives, i will check the piece i have and see if its long enough.

it may or may not be, after that i wil get back to ya on it.

whether it is or not, doesnt matter, i still want the 2 foot piece so i have extra around.

ya got a total yet, for what i need to paypal ya for it?

Hasid Lafre
06-17-2007, 06:11 AM
I found someting intresting.

Thers this guy over at tja thats all for the conewars ani and has done a good job adding the vader armor into his costume.

Vader ROTJ style armor made of fiberglass originally arrived in matte black and subsequenly repainted to dark gray for first attempt at the Clone Wars costume. Bells are attached to the chest armor by sturdy velcro straps, and the back is closed and secured by a velcro strap as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/bryann717/Bryanakin/bryanakinHero.jpg

Granted iamnot sure how accurate it actually is but very cool non the less.

ti-el_terall
06-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Its a fairly good set of RotJ armour, he actually has it for sale at a not bad price on sonsofthesuns forums.

Jedi-Loreen
06-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I know Bryanakin, he's in my Rebel Legion Base.

I posted this pic from C4 in another thread in this forum.

http://a37.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/l_6db4eb033cea3dbaccb261735cdc9e4c.jpg

The other guy is Danakin, I know him, too.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Randy sent me a pic of the armor he got from porty for me.

he left it wrapped in the plastic, and this time, its hard to tell, cuz of the plastic wrap, but it does look better than the first one.

it still looks like it might have that slight flared V shape, cant tell from his pic tho.

but this time porty installed the cape hooks on it and its painted

but you guys already knew it was painted cuz i said it was.

the hooks are a plus tho. and from what i see, the paintjob looks to be better. wont know for sure till i see it in person.

987654321a
06-23-2007, 11:21 AM
well since Corgi dropped out, i wonder who'll take it up now?

hint* TCSS

:D

LAN-ED-TUL
06-23-2007, 11:47 AM
lol nice thought, but Tim would have to crank out massive quantities of completed sabers.

would be cool tho.

987654321a
06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
yea. it would be. but think of how cool it would be.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
well, on our way in to work tonight i stopped to get gas at the QT.

we went in to pay, came back out got in the van, and the wife couldnt find her wallet purse thing. she had left it on the center console. so after looking a bit, i drove back home, and didnt find it there, so we went back to the QT.

she went in and asked if anyone turned it in. nope, and they called the cops for her.

whilst waiting for the cops, i decided to look one last time.

i dug around, as there was a bunch of junk in there we hadnt taken out yet. and lo- and behold, way back in the back in the floor, nowhere near or anyway she could of put it there, i found it.

we theorize, that as we were coming back out, someon on the far side, drivers side door, had got in, was gonna grab it, looked up and seen we were heading back, and of course, i couldnt see that side of the van, and threw it towards the backend of the van.

i had alread called in to work and told them we werent goin in to work. so we're home tonight.

Do-Clo
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I have a convertable top on my Tracker so I don't bother locking it as I don't want the top cut by some moron trying to get in it, but I never leave anything in it worth taking. lol And if you try to steal it you can't hide as it is bright yellow and can be spoted by a police officer fairly easy.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-25-2007, 10:22 PM
well, luckily, as i said, we musta scared the perp off, as we come back out before he, or she expected. and they never had the chance to open it up.

and lucky for us, there was no money in it, just her debit card, and DL, and her insurance card from work.

all easily replaceable, but after that, i got her a fanny pack, as she used to wear one a ways back, and never lost anything, so i figured it was a good idea, for her to get another one to carry everything again.''

so she wouldnt forget, and lay her stuff down, and it get swiped.

guess we just needed a wakeup call, lol fortunately, nothing stolen.

Wolverine
06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Luckily they sensed you to be a powerful Sithlord, and ran crying when they saw you coming. :twisted: :lol: :wink:

happy to hear there was no loss. My brother! :D 8)

Lord Do-Clo how are things going? Haven't seen ya in a while my Brother :? 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
06-26-2007, 12:00 AM
yeah that musta been it bro. lol :twisted: :twisted:

ti-el_terall
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Lan, you wouldnt believe how many times weve been broken into. The worst was at a christen family camp where they stole my Moms wallet. It ended up being someone from the camp too.

vortextwist
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
some people will steal the weirdest stuff, once I forgot to lock my camero and they stole the damn T-tops :shock:

Hasid Lafre
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah man cleptos will take anything.

there was this kid that got cought stealing a toilet, and other bathroom stuff.

Wolverine
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
That's just wrong, unsanitary, but just plain wrong. :? :roll:

LAN-ED-TUL
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
guess the toilet stealer, ended up with his crime spree in the CRAPPER!!!

lol couldnt resist.

Hasid Lafre
06-26-2007, 06:47 PM
no hes still a lying clepto

Do-Clo
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey guys I had a little spare time last night, so I converted my cell phone into a sith personal communications device, with a imperial march ringtone.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/000_0068.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
cool. that looks just like the phone the wife has, now since i got myself a new razor phone for myself, and yep, i already have the imperial march as my ringtone, some few weeks back.

Wolverine
06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Cool Lord Technous!

I've had my Legion picture of my Vader on my cell phone since I got in, and -ALSO- Put the imperial march as a ring tone on there...So great SITH minds think alike :wink:

ANOTHER THOUGHT :idea: As stated on The 501st Sith Lord Detchment's website......

Well, It's now official.
I have bought the MR LID, I wanted to get one before they are all gone. :D :mrgreen:

That will make three Lids I'll have, so I may Ebay one of my Northglass / Portumac's when The MR comes in.

Let me know if anyone has any serious offers. It would be the one I'm currently repainting. I've got it to a Primer state on the dome, and I don't feel like finishing it, since I want to finish my armor first.

It may very well be that Northglass is done with his Vader business, since I haven't seen him in awhile :cry:

Here are some pictures. ;)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/LIDBOX.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask04.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask03.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask01.jpg

Vents not included. ;)

LAN-ED-TUL
06-29-2007, 12:09 AM
well, i guess im lucky i got the 2 NG lids then. i cant afford a MR. or i would get one.

on another great note:

well, the 2nd armor set arrived, and is ALOT better. pretty darn good paint and finish this time, nowhere like the first was. and porty had put the cape hooks on there too.

bells are still a lil misfitting, a lil flared when placed up to armor on the back side edges.

the armor itself, isnt nearly as flared outward in back as the other was.

much much nicer this time. i can use it for sure. i got my moneys worth on this set. already installed the backstrap like a rubies has, i know you say, you dont need it, but i hang my hyperdyne from that strap, so i had to put one on there. i just made slot cuts with my dremel like the rubies is. and put it on there.

i put my chain on, but need to fix it so it doesnt come off. as the hooks are permanent mounted, i had to cut a slice on one side of the end links, and pop it on.

i had to rework the velcro porty had for bell attachments, as he had them set to hinge more in the front instead of on top like its supposed to be.

i felts around the underside around the neck. i tried on the lid, and slipped the armor on. i have plenty of front clearance for the neck extension in front. the masks outward flareing at the back edges kinda rubs on the armor opening edges on each side.

but as it kinda tapers in a bit as it goes up to where the brace mounts on, i think i will place some foam pads so it raises ther armor up a lil, and maybe helps with that area some givin me some clearance.

im gonna slap some felt on the spot of the masks neck where it was rubbin just to aid in chippin paint issues.

im also placing a strip of velcro across the underside in front below where the vented panel of the suit is. once armor is slipped up and down on me, then a simple push in front to hook the vellcro down.

the suits snug there, so i think velcroing the armors front like that will stop any armor flip back from cape weight, like the rubies did, where i installed straps to lock it down in front.

and i also rigged up my speakers. i made a harness kinda like a gun harness, fbi and cops wear.

i made 2 loops. and attached one end of each speaker to it. leaving it so the connections were on the back on each side. then a strap across the front connecting the 2 loops on each side. and one in back with a buckle, and strap left for adjustability.

the bottom ends of each speaker have the other ends of their straps, with abuckle half. when i get the rots cod from lucas, im ordering tonight, i will make 2 loops with the other buckle halfs. those will slip over the cod strap, just like the current setup for the rubies is. those connect on each side and are left adjustable to snug down.

the speakers hang down on each side below, and a lil behind each arm. so theyre out of the way.

i cant wait to try it out in this setup for loudness. i know setting it up on a table was crazy loud when i originally tested this setup.

i GUARANTEE you can hear me and the breathing.

still got some work left to do. mount the chestbox. and figure the placement for the straps on the suit. and the wifes new sewing machine is here too. and we played around with the buttonhole attachment. its just what i needed for the straps.

after i get the suit marked where they need to be, we run the suit front throught the buttonholer for all 4 spots. then a simple slit in between, and i got nicely make slots hemmed all way round holes, for the straps to run through.

also now that machine is here, i can get to work remaking my new jedi uppers for my jedi costume.

soon as i get me a new camera, i will get pics of it. its definately better than that first one was.

Do-Clo
06-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Sounds good Lan it looks like your costume is realy coming together.

Wolverine
06-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds great LAN, you should look pretty spiffy in your new suit with some proper slots hemmed for those chestbox straps. 8) :wink:

You'll probably find, with fiberglass armor, you won't need the strap in back, it's own weight should keep it in place. :wink:

well, i guess im lucky i got the 2 NG lids then. i cant afford a MR. or i would get one.

I didn't pay much more than the Northglass LID for it. = http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330140588665&rd=1&rd=1

So if I sell either the Northglass, or Porty Lid, that I have, it won't be so bad then.
When I'm finished with my armor, then I'll take some new shots to update my Legion picture, and I'll update both of our sigs too. :wink: 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Sounds great LAN, you should look pretty spiffy in your new suit with some proper slots hemmed for those chestbox straps. 8) :wink:

You'll probably find, with fiberglass armor, you won't need the strap in back, it's own weight should keep it in place. :wink

i know buddy, but i installed it cuz thats where i hang my hyperdyne unit from. so to keep the same type setup, i juast put one in back, just for that purpose.

yeah, sellin one of those off will offset the MR expense some.

thats bout the prices i seen some go at myself on there, and some say in the 600 buck range also. but i havent seen one yet.

i think its gonna look awesome when everythings all together.

Wolverine
06-29-2007, 05:47 PM
...thats bout the prices i seen some go at myself on there, and some say in the 600 buck range also. but i havent seen one yet.

i think its gonna look awesome when everythings all together.

Thank you My Brother :wink: 8)

Here's 2 I narrowly got out bid on, they have 3 digit serial numbers.

Auction #1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200123275692&rd=1&rd=1)

Auction #2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200123275219&rd=1&rd=1)

The problem I hear, is the earlier models had flaws, and that's why MR suspended production last year.

I just got the email saying it's been shipped, I shoot some comparison shots with Porty's Lid when it comes in. :wink: 8) :D

LAN-ED-TUL
06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah, i had found a good similar angled shot of a studio MR rots lid, and posted a couple shots of mine i did back after i installed the vents.

its on the SLD. but as you see from those the NG is pretty darn close.

one thing that stands out diff to me, is we know porty/NG neck in back flares outward too much. and you see this in the compare shot of mine and the studio version.

other than that, the face seems very close betweenst the 2. the dome i think is shaped just a lil bit diff, down at the bottom. NG is flared out just a tad more than the MR.

thats the only 2 things i see right off different in them.

those 2 auctions i had watched myself. so i know which 2 you mean.

Wolverine
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes, My friend, I read (and participated in that thread on the SLD)
And...
There are more subtle differences in the dome then you know, I've been studying the differences, and alot of small contours escape the eye, at a glance. :wink:

Yes the Porty/Northglass Lid is -BAR NONE- the closest lid to the MR, but I plan on doing a rather heavy pictorial, when I get the MR, and study the differences between the two. Since it's rather difficult to study the facial features of the mask through general pictures posted on the internet, but the Porty/Northglass mask is not perfectly symetrical. I know the MR is. We can start with the "Cheeks" of the mask, and how uneven it sets when you place it on it's back on a table.
The Dome itself for starters doesn't have the harder crease line as the OT domes do, and the Porty/Northglass does, and it's wider than the OT domes and the Porty/Northglass too.

I'm not trying to come off as being overly anal here, BUT -I've just seen alot more since more people are posting up shots of their MR lids around the net.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Polished%20in%20the%20Sun/PolishedinSun11.jpg

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/vdMRvad01.jpg

See the harder crease line around the dome where it starts to flare out?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/VaderMugshot.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Polished%20in%20the%20Sun/PolishedinSun07.jpg

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/vdMRvad04.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/JTampa/Darth%20Vader/FPWPK_004.jpg

That's alot more subtle. Though the Lid pictured directly above -is Not MR, it's very close. :wink:

The mask itself is less protruding, and the back of the dome comes in closer to the neck, the Porty/Northglass lids don't which were traits of the OT Vaders.
I've heard it said on several forums, that the Porty/Northglass Lids had the OT domes on them, and the more I study them, I think they are dead on right. :wink:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/MR_Helmets/vdMRvad02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask01.jpg

What this all means to me is - I won't give up my Porty/Northglass Lids, unless I can get near what I paid for them, and they are close enough for the 501st, so I will use them at small events.
And I still think they are the closest to the MR.

AND _I wanted to get one before they are all gone, and whoever picks up the license, maybe will not do the EP III Vader lids, OR -they become horrible copies like the Rubies. :wink: 'Nuff Said

(Sorry for the rant).

LAN-ED-TUL
06-29-2007, 11:32 PM
i understand all that buddy. no problems there at all.

i stated that in case anyone else was interested in lookin there.

i had heard the things said on the dome before as well.

but now, for me is a bad time to come up with 600 or 700 bucks to get one. i got to finish up my vader setup, which most expenses are done now, just gettin it done.

the other is around 60 bucks for materials for jedi uppers im remaking for me. no bad expense there, just time to do it.

and the major thing, is saving the money for the hotel room for the con in Sept. need 300 to 400 for that, just to make sure alls covered in that regard.

still got to pay the 80 bucks for tickets to the con yet. plan on that in a week or 2.

one thing i wanna ask a favor of you , is, get me a really good close up shot showing the details and all, of that mesh behind the eyes. im tryin to come up with something to add there so you cant see my eyes with a flash. i have a couple ideas, but would like to bounce that around with you as well.

anyways, if i can scrape it up, i will get one, but i dunno if i will manage to.
but ya never know. i might have to wait till income tax time next year, and just bite it for a higher price if anyone sells one off ebay still.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
well, dang blast it, i just had a revelation on the idea i had thought of on how i was going to mount the bells on the armor.

i WAS, going to use small aluminum blocks drilled and tapped, but we know its hard to get aluminum to bond well to FG.

so remembering my radio controlled planes i built, i thought, ok, i can use blocks of basswood, with blindnuts installed.

if anyone doesnt know what blindnuts are, ask, but im sure you guys know.

anyways, those installed on the blocks, and then glue the basswood blocks on armor and bells.

then i can use the leather strap, and bolt it right on there.

took me 2 days, of rackin my brain, but this actually i think will work the best, and give me the strongest connection to the armor and bells.

EDIT:
running back in to hobbytown in tulsa shortly to get the blindnuts and basswood pieces.

still tryin to decide if epoxy or JB weld would be good to bond the wood to the FG.

googlin info on both these products, both say, they will bond wood to FG, so, i may go with the epoxy since its quicker

i still will let it cure for 24 hours like both say they need.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
well i got the bells mounted, this new design i thought of, worked great.

when the camera arrives and i figure it out, i will get pics of this.

i used the ole imperial glaze to polish it up too. nice and shiny lookin it is.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
cameras here, so heres some quick shots of armor, and my jedi belt i made myself 2 weeks ago.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0002.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0003.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0004.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0005.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0006.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0008.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0009.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0010.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0013.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0014.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0015.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0016.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0017.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0018.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0018.jpg

Wolverine
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the shots Bro, gave me some Ideas. :wink:

The MR Lid was supposed to be here Friday, but I think DHL was very busy, and they scheduled it for a 9:30 pm delivery, and nobody's here at my work that late. :cry: So it should be here Monday morning. :D 8)
That will definately push me to start working more feverishly on my armor to get it done. :wink:

Once that stuffs done, I've talked to a professional photographer to do some shots for me, and all he asked in return was dinner. :D 8)

Do-Clo
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Lan the armor looks good, and the bell mount is pretty slick. :wink: Nice work on the belt, I have never messed with leather much but I will need to do some leather work in the near future so I may have lots of questions.

Wolverine
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
THE MR LID IS HERE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had some time to take it out of the box, and drool all over it, I won't have time to do picture comparisons against the Porty / Northlass Lids til the weekend, but let me tell you now....There is no comparison. 8)

This thing is VERY well made, and makes the others look cheap, it is VERY thick, and even the lenses look cool 8) :D

The vent slots are cut out all the way, with only padding blocking them off, and fits REAL SNUG. 8)

It's number 1237, and the invoice is from Corgi :roll:

Hasid Lafre
07-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Armors looking real good.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-09-2007, 05:27 PM
thanks guys, the belt was easy. just a lil leather dye to color it. and careful layout and marks where the studs went. thats really the only hard part at all, is just laying out where you want the stuff. after all marks and holes drilled, yes, i said drilled, lost my punch, so i used a drill and bit.

then dye it, and lay on the clearcoat sealer, then install the stuff.

wolverine, if you still want the shots of the blocks themselves on there, i can take off a bell and shoot it. the bells have a couple pieces of belt under the connector leather strap as spacers,

thats what i was refering to on how it as it lifted up slightly as well as out.

if you see it, youll understand what i mean. i had a lil paint come off on me on the edge of the armor, after i had a piece of felt on there then removed it.

a lil touch up, no biggie, cant even see it when everything on anyways.
fits fairly good now, after i finally readjusted the foam pads more in the front, so the armor was slightly more forward, thus the armors neck opening would be a lil wider in that spot. i have just about the right amount of movement left and right as hayden did in the movie, so its close enough for me, i just didnt want to not be able to move some.
still rubs a lil bit right on the edges, but its not bad, probably just have to touchup occasionally as it rubs paint off. i had thought to trim the corners off the mask, since back there you wouldnt see it anyways.

wolverine, what do you think bout that, if i was to trim the corners a lil bit off the mask? you think that would hurt anything?

plenty of front neck extension clearance, no problems there at all.

now im just waiting for my lucas A rots cod to arrive, then i can get it all on, and get the chestbox positioning marked, and the slots buttonholed, and split open, for the straps.

just a lil settin up to align my boxes with the cod slots for them, might have to move my saber hook, i dunno on that yet.

make a couple loops with other buckle ends, for my speaker rig, which i will get pics of that as well.

when everythings done, maybe within a couple weeks, i will do a stage by stage pic of the suit with me in it, then the next part on me, and so on, till im completely in full costume, so that way you can see each new piece on me and how its rigged up.

the armor in front, i will place 2 small 1 inch wide strips that match the ribbing of the suit of velcro, sew on type. so that all stitching will be in existing stitch lines and no new holes poked in suit.

that will help to keep the armor in alignment and not move backwards or nuttin.

do-clo, anytime buddy, just ask, and if i can i will tell all i can on the leather stuff.

Wolverine
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Here's some early Shots of my new MR ROTS Lid. :D 8) :wink:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid11.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid10.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid09.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid08.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid07.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid06.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid04.jpg

Here are some Lens Close-Ups

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/LenseCloseup01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/LenseCloseup02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/LenseCloseup03.jpg

A shot from the Inside

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/LenseCloseup04.jpg

A shot of the depth in the grill 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/GrillDepth02.jpg

A shot of the inside. 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderLid13.jpg

I'll do some more side by side with my Portumac & Northglass Lids later, maybe Friday, or Saturday. :wink:

Do-Clo
07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
NICE :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wolverine
07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Thank you Lord Technous. :D 8)

Here's a preview Vs. Northglass's ROTS mask. :wink:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Comparisons/Comparison01.jpg

:P :P :P

LAN-ED-TUL
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
that last shot of lens on inside is exactly what i wanted to see. theres a guy on ebay i asked about a grill screen for the lenses.

after seeing that pic, i think what he has will be just what i need for the NG lid.

thanks, for that shot Bro!

it wil run me almost 20 bucks from that guy, and its a 1 piece setup, but looks exactly like your pic.

Wolverine
07-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Really, :shock:
That's Cool. Could you PM me that info Bro? 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
will do after i get home.

i think im goin to contact him back, and buy a screen off him. its one piece, i might can make the bend to lay in right, or cut it into, and rebind the cut edges with small tubing approximately same size as whats on there.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-13-2007, 09:23 PM
i posted a tutorial on my bell mount rig i did, on the 327thstarcorps.com site under the how to's section. i can post it here too, if anyone wishes. i added a few more pics to it as best i could considering i already mounted everything, but i think anyone can tell what i mean in the descriptions.

and another dude from 501 over on SLD wants to use my pics and possibly the tutorial also, to put up for his entire garrison to use.

whats neat, is it doesnt matter which vader style armor you use, as long as its the FG kind, my way seems to work great so far, and should work even on the other vader armors and bell hookups to them.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-15-2007, 08:56 PM
i did buy that screen off that guy, so i will see what it looks like in person, and if i can mount it in there in one piece or not.

i would like to fix it so i could move it to wipe the lens if they get fogged up. thinkin on some kind of way, like maybe a a couple or three small spots of velcro to secure it in place, or even a hinge mounting that would let the screen flip up or down to clean lenses.

also ordered my REVISED ROTS gloves from SA. still waitin for lucas's rots cod.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-18-2007, 11:17 PM
well my SA ROTS gloves arrived. dudes, these are really nice, better than any of the previous gloves i got from him.

theyre made from nice calfskin, which are softer and not nearly as stiff as all his other gloves.

they are definately worth the money.

Wolverine
07-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Here's my latest progress report :roll:

Finally finished with repainting the "Northglass" LID, after sanding and primering the dome, I brought it to my friend's auto body shop, and he went over it, and painted, and clearcoated it. I had repainted and clearcoated the damaged neck -discussed previously :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20vs%20Portumac-NG/RepaintedNorthglass01.jpg

So now all my LIDs are ready to go! :roll: 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20vs%20Portumac-NG/PORTYNORTHGLASSMR01.jpg

Portumac - Northglass - Master Replica

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20vs%20Portumac-NG/PORTYNORTHGLASSMR02.jpg

Here's the current state of my new armor, I've reinforced the inside shoulderbell edges :roll: :?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK02.jpg

So I can make a ridge on the outside where the shoulderbell will always come down where it sould be, and the cape won't force it down too low, or out of alignment. 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK03.jpg

I glassed in some screws to attach a leather strap, to join the shoulderbells with the armor, but I may still go back to velcro to attach them, as this will make them detachable for packing away for transit to and from trooping. 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK04.jpg

I got a little over zealous drilling a slight dimple to glass in the screws, and actually drilled through one of the shoulderbells. :twisted: :evil: :oops:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK05.jpg

But I did patch it up with some fiberglass resin, and it looks great now, Sorry for the blurriness of the pictures :oops:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK06.jpg

And that's where things stand here :roll:

LAN-ED-TUL
07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
cool idea on the ridge bro.

i had done this sorta tutorial on how i attached my bells on 327th so i will post it here to. it works great, and is darn secure too.

Ok, since its been requested i will try to do a tutorial of sorts on how i mounted my bells on my armor.

First, heres a list of tools and materials needed:

Hammer, drill and drill bits, mid-cure 15 minute epoxy, blind nuts(as theyre called at the hobby store, or at a hardware store they call them T-nuts), I used 10/32 sized nuts, basswood , hacksaw, some 2 inch wide belt leather, 10/32 button head bolts, you'll need a couple different lengths. Longer ones for the bells, and shorter ones for the armor, some masking tape, allen wrench for buttonhead bolts, and fender washers,(I found some that had the center hole the perfect size for the 10/32 bolts, and were 3/4 diameter,
and some sandpaper.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0034.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0036.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0035.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0038.jpg

First off, figure how long you want the blocks to be, I chose 2 inches for mine. Cut off 4 pieces 2 inches long. Rough up the pieces witrh some sandpaper, so epoxy grips well.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0041.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0042.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0043.jpg

Then figure out 2 spots on each block for nuts to be placed. I put mine in the center and spaced them fairly evenly along the length of blocks. Once marks are made, take the appropriate sized drill bit, and drill holes through blocks on your marks.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0055.jpg

Then placing Blindnuts(T-Nuts) in the hole, with block laying on a solid flat surface, tap them in place.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0047.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0050.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0052.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0054.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0057.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0058.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0060.jpg

Once all Nuts are driven in place in all 4 blocks, then take one block and as I did on mine, center it on the bell, a lil bit from the edges.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0063-1.jpg
make a outline mark, or whatever so you know where it will go, then remove block and take sandpaper, and rough up the FG in that area real well. Then take your epoxy and mix up a generous amount of equal parts. Lay in a decent amount in the area you roughened up on the bell.

I also drilled a few smaller holes around block for epoxy to come up through some and bond even better. And as you can see on thebell edges, i lined them with sticky backed felt so no FG to FG hitting will occur.

Then with block having the flat parts of Nuts facing against the FG bell, and bolts screwed in the nuts just short of flush with backside, lay it in place and adjust position so its straight and squared up. You might have to if you don't have enough epoxy the first time, mix up a lil more, and lay it around the edges of the block all way around it, sort of building a fillet of epoxy around blocks.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0063-1.jpg

kinda push it down and work it around slightly to help the epoxy get spread good.. The reason I put the bolts in is because if you don't the glue will ooze up in the threads of the nuts, and then you got to dig excess glue out of there with a exacto knife. It happened to me, on the first one, so the rest I had the bolts in when I glued them on.

After the epoxy has cured, then take the bell and match it up to the armor, and align it where you need it. And use the masking tape to tape the bell on so it will stay put and not move.

Now just opposite of your bell block lay another block on the armor a lil bit from the edge of armor and align with block on bell.

Mark and remove block, then roughen up the FG in that spot marked where block will go.
Mix up another generous amount of epoxy, and lay it in that area you roughened up, and place block again with flat side of Nuts agaisnt the FG armor. Push in around a lilk like before to settle it in and help spread the epoxy good. Make sure the final adjustment position is aligned with block on bell.
this is armor side:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0062.jpg

Repeat all the above for other side. Remember, if you don't have enough epoxy mixed up for the fillet around the blocks, just mix up a lil more for that purpose, main reason for doing that is just to add a lil more strength to the area and a lil more epoxy wont hurt anything. Also after each block is glued in, allow ample time as described by the directions of the epoxy, for curing time. The stuff I used took 2 to 3 hours to fully cure.

Once all four blocks have fully cured in place, ( I left mine overnight and then did the leather strapping) then its time for the leather straps.

I had my old jedi belt I didnt need anymore, so I used it for my straps. Its easier to do this with the bells still taped up and held on armor.

First, take the allen wrench and carefully pop the bolts loose in blocks. They will be slightly stuck due to the epoxy on the ends. But they will come loose, mine did with just a lil force, not much. Once they are removed, check for any excess glue that might need digging out with a exacto knife. I still had to clear a lil out, but not much.

Lay the strap down over block on armor, and over the bell block. I cut the strap a lil longer than really needed, so it was more manageable.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0064.jpg

Then I put 2 bolts back in the armor block and run then down, then laying the leather back overtop the bolts, and keeping it centered over the bolt heads, I pushed down on top the leather over each bolt head.

Then when you take it up and flip it over, it leaves a depression in the leather where the bolts will go. Since I cant find my leather punch, I just used the right sized drill bit in my drill and drilled the holes through the strap.

Then bolt that end down on armor, using the shorter bolts and fender washers. On the bell side, you can do something similar, for marking the holes or whatever method works for you. The bell side of strap I slotted instead of just having 2 single holes. I did this for adjustability reasons, to bring the bell either closer in or out from armor as needed for fit.

the bell side is where the trick of it working like it does, as you will cut 2 pieces of leather 2 inches long, and drill(punch) holes in them to match the blocks bolt holes. These do not get slotted, just the main strap only.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0066.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0068.jpg

The way it works, is by lowering the mount position of strap like this, the bell will swing out, and slightly up too. Not a lot, but a lil bit. Also when I final adjust after mounting the bells on the amor, you can maneuver the strap as you tighten up the bolts to get the alignment of bells so when they swing up, they come right back down in place where they should be.
I use a couple pieces of belt leather as a spacer between the main strap and the mount
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0006.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0005.jpg

I also lined the underside some with sticky back felt sheets from craft area at wally world.

For the foam pads I made, I used seat cushion foam replacements to make them. I had some material laying around so I sewed a material cover over them, and sewed a piece of velcro to each piece.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0013.jpg

Laying some industrial strength velcro to underside of armor, I can position the foam shoulder pads wherever I need them to aid in fit and positioning of armor. I also placed some in the front as I plan on sewing 2 short strips on the suit to lock the armor down in front to prevent it from moving, and any cape flipback, and keep the armor in place so it doesnt shift around.

Well i hope you can tell from description and pics what i did to mount the bells. it works really well so give it a try, thanks, for looking

Wolverine
07-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us Bro! 8)

I just put the Portumac Lid up On Ebay. LINKY HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230155568891&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013)

LAN-ED-TUL
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
no prob bro, i figure it will help out in the future. if needbe, i can make a new thread with that title so its easy for all to access and find if you think it needs to be.

Wolverine
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I would post that in the "Vader" section on the SLD, Many have the same problem with shoulderbells that we have. :wink:

I Just Put The Northglass Lid Up On Ebay LINKY HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230155595205&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013)

LAN-ED-TUL
07-24-2007, 11:34 PM
sure thing buddy, i will post it over there as soon as i can.

Wolverine
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
GOOD NEWS 8) :D

I sold BOTH The Portumac, & Northglass Lids for $450.00 Each :shock: 8) :D

The Buyers made instant payments, and I promptly Bought my SECOND MR Lid, as a Backup! :D 8)

This one is a "Signature series" (which means the plaque is signed, not the lid) Payed just about $100.00 more then the first one.
So it will be displayed in my room, and the other will be in the trooping tote! 8) :D

Should be here in under a week, the guy I bought from is upstate, and I've purchased off Ebay from him before. 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
07-26-2007, 06:02 AM
well im glad something goin right for somebody, cuz it sure as hell aint for me.

i just found out on the vulkon con site they freakin postponed the damn thing till next year.

i emailed for more detials and told them i allready put in vacation time and reserved the darn room. and if this is true, it had better not cost me a damn dime or else to cancel it.

Do-Clo
07-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Lan sorry to hear things are going rough, but I can identify with you. My pc died and I lost a lot of important information. :evil:

Wolverine congrads on selling the other lids and and geting a seconnd MR lid.

I did work on my fiberglass lid the other day and I mounted the reveal kt dome so it is taking shape slowly, at times I wish someone would save me from that project. :shock:

Wolverine
07-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks Buddy! 8)

When I bought the second Porty/Northglass Lid, it was with the intention, to resell for a second MR, if I ever came into some cash for a first. ;)

Sorry to hear about the rough time your having LAN, things will get better bro :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
07-26-2007, 03:24 PM
well, my bid is up almost to its max now, one bidder kept bumping till he almost got there.

and still 3 days and change to go. still waiting to find out if seduced gets a better price off the site.

man, things are just not goin well right now for me.

EDIT:

i just heard from seduced, and he said the site will knock off 9 more dollars off the listed 639 price if he gets 2 lids. so i cancelled my ebay bid, and im goin to run with seduced for a lid for 630 and change plus shipping.

i pm's seduced on it. waitin to hear back.

2nd EDIT:

just heard, seduced said we get 9 dollars off the listed 639.99 price. site ordered 2 lids for us, he told me to state i was working with him, and i will get the 9 bucks off price.

card wont be charged till he ships, and he expects them next week from MR.

at least i will have a MR for the tulsa con.

Wolverine
07-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I got the notification from UPS, says my second MR Lid will be here Monday, or Tuesday (estimated) So I'll take pictures of "The Twins" next weekend. 8) :D

LAN-ED-TUL
07-28-2007, 01:17 AM
soon as i get mine, i figure in a couple weeks or less. i will post pics too.

although we all know what the MR looks like.

mines coming right from MR to the site, and then the site guy will mail in on to me.

Wolverine
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Fellow Sith Lords...Meet "The Twins" :twisted: 8) ;)
Signature Edition 13 / 500 on the Left, LE #1237 on the right. ;) 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Twins01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Twins02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Twins03.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Twins04.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/Twins05.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/MR%20ROTS%20LID/MRVaderPlaques.jpg

vortextwist
07-30-2007, 08:05 PM
WOW!! Very nice man.

Wolverine
08-01-2007, 07:39 AM
...I did work on my fiberglass lid the other day and I mounted the reveal kt dome so it is taking shape slowly, at times I wish someone would save me from that project. :shock:

Post up some pictures Sith Brother, you've been pretty quiet around here as of late. :wink: 8)

Do-Clo
08-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I have been busy building sabers, so I have spent little time on the other projects. I want to get the vader lid done to point where it is in primmer then I plan on selling it I also have a set of belt boxes to finish and get them sold also. I will post some pics when things start to come together.

I hope all my brothers are doing well

Wolverine
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm doing pretty good, glad to see your kickin' My friend! 8)
Start to wonder about you when you go so long without sounding off. :wink:
Glad to hear those sabers are kepping ya busy, hopefully with some ca$hflow! :wink: 8) :D

LAN-ED-TUL
08-01-2007, 09:45 PM
hey, buddy!! im glad to see your saber building has taken off.

from the sounds of it, youve been quite busy building them. hopefully, making some good money at it too.

Do-Clo
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks Bros, building sabers pays the bills and I walk to work about 30 feet that is. I have my shop set up the way I like it and between custom orders and Ebay it works out pretty good.

I am working on a couple of personal sabers in between orders so I hope to have at least one of them done in the near future. I will be working on some costume stuff a little at a time with my Darth Technous costume coming together in the near future, I am adding some armor to my costume that will go along with the short novel I am writing about Darth Technous.

Now you see why you don't hear much from me. :wink:

Wolverine
08-02-2007, 07:57 AM
AAhhh, busy, busy, busy, :?

"All work and no play, makes Jack a dull Sithlord" :lol: 8) :P

LAN-ED-TUL
08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
true, but if Jack dont make money to eat, Jack will be a dead sithlord!

lol

Do-Clo
08-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Also no money = Mrs Sith Lord very unhappy :shock: :wink:

Wolverine
08-03-2007, 02:07 AM
AAaahhh but...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/girls_are_evil.jpg

:P

LAN-ED-TUL
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
got my jedi gear in the mail, and on the way home i stopped and got me a piar of khaki pants and dye to dye them tan, this setup is a obi-wan ep. 3 type costume. will post pics when iget the chance to take them, i think this sunday at my friends house.

hey wolverine, whered you get that square case again? i would like to find one like that for the MR lid.

i was thinkin maybe even a drum case might work if padded up inside.

Lord Maul
08-03-2007, 02:26 PM
AAaahhh but...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/girls_are_evil.jpg

:lol: :lol:

now that is funny snitz right there wolverine

LAN-ED-TUL
08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
sheesh, more troubles.

apparently lucas mailed my cod to wrong place or something, it returned back to him. so they asked for mailing addy again. more delay time to get the darn cod.

2nd, remeber that guy i got the mesh off of? well i never recieved it, and paid for it back last month on the 13th.

so ive sent several emails, and he replied, acting like he's totally confused over this, and said he sent the 2nd one as asked by me, and gave me a track number.

guess what!! he sent it to wrong addy. it went to fort wayne indiana.

this guys a freakin moron. i used paypal, and now he keeps sayin i won the auction on ebay, and i did nothing of the sort, i arranged to buy just the mesh, all this was CLEARLY stated in the message with payment to him from paypal. my addy, the meassage saying 8 bucks for screen and 8 bucks to ship for JUST the MESH.

so i opened a dispute on paypal on it, now the guy has 20 days to either send the darn mesh, or i file the claim.

period, im tired of screwing with this idiot.

Wolverine
08-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I had 3 incidents on Ebay where I bought 3 80 gig iPods, from different vendors for $90.00 ea. they all turned out to be scams, and I got my Ca$h back in less than a week. Have faith in PayPal Bro, just like "Claundike Kat", They always get your mouse! :wink: 8) :lol: :D

LAN-ED-TUL
08-04-2007, 12:14 AM
oh i know bro, i have relied on paypal a couple times myself to resolve issues.

paypal is pretty darn nice to have backin ya up.

right now, its a matter of him replying back to the paypal thing, its a between us thing until i get fedup, and file the claim, thats why, i am hoping this gets his butt in gear, and he sends the mesh before i file the claim.

things tend to happen when you get ebay or paypal involved in matters.

new jedi outfit pics will be taken this weekend to post up. of course ya guys know thats my backup costume for the cons and whatever.

Wolverine
08-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Jedi Huh??? :?

Are you turning on us Bro?? :? :P :wink: :lol:

Do-Clo
08-04-2007, 09:35 AM
It sounds like Lan is slipping back into an old habit (jedi) :lol: :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-05-2007, 06:48 AM
c'mon now guys. i will always do the vader thing. thats my main costume. i have had a jedi costume a few years before the vader costume idea ever got stuck in my brain.

all i did was revamp the costume by replacing some substandard stuff i had been using with more nicer looking stuff.

its a backup costume, say like last year at the con, i could only tolerate sweatin my butt off for 5 hours, i went out to the car, switched into my jedi costume for the rest of the day.

it just gives me something else i can wear, if i get too overheated in the vader costume. and hopefully i can last much longer now with the LA bodysuit, so i might not need to swap out cuz of heat.

think of the jedi costume like this, its like me as im turning to the dark side, type thing. lol

i know you guys are just ribbin me,, its all good. LOL

LAN-ED-TUL
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
hey wolverine, what you think bout these cases?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280140630124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
or this one:

http://www.trunksusa.com/product_view.asp?id=215

i like the ebay one.

the ebay one is pretty cheap in price, and plenty big enough on inside to really foam pad that sucker up good for the MR lid

LAN-ED-TUL
08-16-2007, 05:22 PM
well, cod is at the PO have to get it friday. i got my new parts for my vader saber so i will install them friday. Moro Kadon got his parts minus the emitter Tim i guess is still working on, so i can wire his saber up too.

gonna be busy this weekend off work, doing other work, lol

saber building, and costume setup stuff.

Wolverine
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
The Ebay one maybe a little better suited to your needs, the other one looks no better than a glorified hat box (not sturdy enough). :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-16-2007, 08:26 PM
the one that is a 20 x 20 x 20 tuff box?

i was leaning towards that one, or just save it up and get the one you got for 119 off that site.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
for those on here that dont know, ive been asking a few of my fellow vaders on different forums, if i should just drop the Nside guy, cancel my order and run with a AJ lid on ebay.

after numerous opinions, its pretty darn unanimus, that i go with the ebay AJ lid.

it ends thursday and im off so i can watch it to the end. i plan on throwing my bid out at the end, cuz we all know, if i threw it out there now, some dumbbutt jerkwad would just keep small biddin it up on me to my max.

i wil throw my max out in the last 1/2 hour of auction, and see if i get it.

if i do, then i will email the Nside guy, and tell him, to cancel and forget it, i got one and will be here in a week.

i mean, c'mon, its been darn near a month, and this Nside guy, apparently cant get ahold of his sales rep?

somethings not right there. at any rate, this will also give the Nside guy a couple more days to get back to me with any news, if not, then his tough luck, i will cancel the order. good thing the money hasnt been taken off the card. at least he wont till HE got the lid.

so we shall see what transpires thursday evening. y'all might be getting a
YIPPEEEE, message or a gosh darn dang, sasinfrassin, rat tangin, sob message.

Wolverine
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Good luck with that bud :wink:

I, on the other hand, am patiently waiting for Monday :twisted:
That is my 20th anniversary at work, so I get a raise, and somewhere between $500 - $1000 gift bonus, so I have my eye on this little setup here =
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130138291419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

That would pretty much cap off what I need to upgrade (for good), and the only two open ends I would have is finishing my armor, and getting some new "lift" boots from "Motorcowboy" perhaps. 8)

That link, I believe is a "Lucas Alverez" setup, is it not LAN?? 8) :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
anything leather CP sells is Lucas's stuff.

my only concern with it, is this bud, are you still doing ROTS? im sure you are, should go without sayin since you have 2 MR ROTS lids, lol

now, his cape is listed in there as having a leather collar. ROTS does not have a leather collar on the cape. its lined, so thats a plus, but the leather collar isnt right for ROTS. and the cape chain is made onto the cape as well, i think. so theres one more issue for ROTS use.

i had spoke to Lucas bout that once, and he said in the near future he was doing ROTS robe and cape sets.

thats my only concern with it. not that the quality isnt there, hell, we know lucas's quality, superb for the prices. its just the collar would bug the F#$#$ outta me knowin it wasnt supposed to be leather.

if it doesnt bother you none, then go for it, but keep that in mind if you do.

all his cape and robe sets he has now, are for OT vaders. its a good price for it, you might modify it to make it right, but i wouldnt spend that much for something i had to change that much.

lesson learned on the rubies supreme costume. LOL

bud, if you got that much cashola coming to you, if it were me, i would contact Lucas directly, ask if he could do you a ROTS robe and cape, and the bodysuit, with his new leather ROTS cod.

you might get a good deal on the whole set like CP's auction. if you try to contact him, make sure you tell him the ROTS, and send some pics of the cape along, doesnt have the leather collar, and the chain is on the armor, not the cape, the cape had lobster claw clasps to connect to armor hooks.

the robe you should be ok on as is. but like i said, if you dont mind it, then just go for it as is, but you will have to change something on the cape setup to work with your armor.

Wolverine
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he has a suit up too, maybe I'll start with that. :wink:

Thanks for putting it in that light, didn't really register about the leather collar. :wink: 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
yeah a bodysuit would be a great start, and while your at that, grab the ROTS leather cod too.

then all ya need is a better cape and robe.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
well good news and bad.

i was watching the AJ lid on ebay, last 45 secs, was at 610, threw out a 745 bid in the last 45 secs. i had it, then bidder 3 that lil snot, sniped me to get it at 750.

so i looked around, run across Toynk, whom i seen listed on the MR site as a authorised MR seller.

he had a SE hayden signed plaque studio scale lid, for a 680 start or 705.50 BIN.

the shiping was 21.90. so total BIN with shipping is 733.24.

i SNAGGED THAT PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its mine, dang it, its mine, yippppeeeee!

sorry, excited.

Do-Clo
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Congrad lan on your new purchase :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM
thanks bro, the wife face didnt look too happy when i told her i got one and paid 50 bucks more than i pplanned on. but she'll get over it. lol

Wolverine
08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
...and so will your divorce lawyer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway..."Toynk" is the guy I got my Sig edition lid from, he's about a 30 minute drive north from me, give or take with the torential downpour we're having here :?

You'll have it in about a week. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
...and so will your divorce lawyer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway..."Toynk" is the guy I got my Sig edition lid from, he's about a 30 minute drive north from me, give or take with the torential downpour we're having here :?

You'll have it in about a week. :wink:

nah, ive done far worse things than this, and she always slacks off after a couple days. it will be fine. LOL

yeah 733.24 aint bad for a SE hayden signed plaque lid. im curious tho what number i got. the box is still factory sealed. guess i wont know till i open it up. shouldnt take me long at all to slap the metal vents in there, and wire up and install the grill fan.

Do-Clo
08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey Bros check this out, it is the first Rubies helemt that I reworked. It still looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Mask-and-Helmet-Ep-3-ROTS_W0QQitemZ120153061123QQihZ002QQcategoryZ99970 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LAN-ED-TUL
08-23-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah, i think i know that guy from the other forums im on.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-25-2007, 11:55 PM
well, ive been discussing speakers over on the SLD with a couple guys.

mainly to do with the new V2 hyperdyne vader voice unit. Jim actually reccommends the JBL on tour speakers. i remember those being discussed before on the V1 applications.

the contour of the unit, and lower profile they have might work out better than my bulky PA waistband amps. so im gonna try to get at least one, i have bids on 2, but i want one at least to test it out. they say its loud, and when i read the specs, each speaker in the dual speaker unit is a 3 watt speaker. so each unit puts out 6 watts.

so with 2 i would only lose 2 watts compared to what i got now. and from what i read, theyre stereo, of course, and they have better base so the voice would sound better, i think.

and using my harness style setup, they would ride better with the contour they have and not be so bulky.

if i can get them in time, a new harness wont be hard to rig up. the first only took me a couple hours to make up. and i got a couple new ideas for a harness rig, that i think are better than what i got now.

has anyone heard these jbl on tour speakers? how loud are they, say in comparison to my PA waistband amps?

oh, im not sure if i will get the lid next week or not. i looked and it says will ship within 5 business days and delivered no more than 10 from payment.

its been 2 days, and no word, so i bet it dont go out till monday or tuesday, i will be lucky if its here by saturday.

LAN-ED-TUL
08-28-2007, 02:26 AM
hasnt shipped yet, hopefully today. made up a better harness that fits and feels better than the first one. waitin to see if i win a couple jbl's before i finalize the rig. gotta see how they sopund and the volume on them. if theyre not as good, then i will x-fer the others to new rig.

LAN-ED-TUL
09-02-2007, 01:39 AM
lids here and wow, this thing is hige, its bigger than my porty/ng lid.

upon looking it over, i seen nothing wrong so it looks like i got a good one. i think the dome lines up good, it does have the space on each side when you snap on the neck piece. i tried it without snapping it on up to the mask, and it does line up good, i think MR did it this way to give a lil more movement and mobility to wearer. otherwise you can just relocate the snaps closer to mask and make it fit like it should be.

i installed my vents, and worknin on the fan. i have the fan in there via velcro screwed onto the four coners withthe bracket mount screws it was with. they run down off each corner to a small spot of velcro on the mask on all 4 corners. pretty secure, and main thing, removeable if needed.

found a place for the switch, now the hard part, findin out if i can get the 12v's worth of batt packs in there, or if im stuck with a 9 v like before.

i reworked the headset on the left side to make sit up against the back of my head, and flipped the strap to the front, and is nice and secure and against me, with no sticking out,

i tried on the mask with it on my head, and i can get it on and off, and the mike will stay in the front where i need it.
when i get the fan running, thats the real test, puttin it on and seeing if the boom clears the fan. i had to place it across both screens at a angle to have room, in lower grill my chin hit the edge, in front, i think boom will hit it.

and the best news is my SE edition is number 97 out of 500 with haydens sig on the plaque.

pics after i finish the fan setup.

i tried on the mask with the armor on, and i can get it on and off. i just lift it up and thread the neck under the armor, them tilt it on up to my face. i havent ried the dome on with armor, yet, but as it was wioth just the mask, i couldnt ahve set that armor up any better. it has plenty of clearance in front, a 1 or so. i cant lower my head forward cuz of the neck, but can tilt back a good ich or more. and twisting side to side, is almost shoulder to shoulder, not quite, but more than hayden did for sure.

so, now its finish up on the fan, set and mark, and sew the strap slots in the suit, and its done.

Wolverine
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds good pal, can't wait to see your inner workings! :wink: 8)

My Vortex II came in today, it's amazing! I'll be playing with it when the boss leaves for the day, as I brought my amp to work in anticipation of it coming today! :D Double decker PC boards :shock:

I finished up my deal with FusionProps for the complete NEW ROTS ensemble :D This took a million emails, due to my pickiness :oops: :?
I provided them with detailed pictures of the ROTS cape, and included some close-ups of the clasps used on the Rubies cape since Rubies has a real nice attachment to the armor, and it looks damn good!
They said "No problem, we have something similar" -and that, maybe the way they'll do the ROTS capes for now on, I'll report back when I know more ;)
Payment sent, so I wait, while I continue work on my armor ;)

I have a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about boxing up the Rubies and selling it off :twisted:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
you still need the clasps shot bro?

i didnt get to drag it out yet. i will tuesday for sure.

ordered 2 4AA and 2 4AAA enclosed batt packs online from RS.

2 day business, so i should have them by tuesday or wednesday.

that way i can work on finishing it up over the weekend off. im hopin one of those sizes will fit in there someplace, so i can run it off 12v.

i know, my batt life wont be as great with the AAA compared to the AA,

but room restraints might only allow for that size to go in there, instead of the AA size.

still, 8 AAA's running 12v for that fan will still be better than a single 9v as i have always used.

if neither size fits, then i wil just have to use the 9v batt, and change it everyday. im figuring i might get 2 days out of the AA or AAA packs.

my JBL ontours are paid, and should be here next week also. so im anxious to see how loud they are and how they sound compared to the PA speaker amps.

i should get the chestbox set tuesday if the wife helps me out with it.

so only things left after that, is finishing up the fan hookup, and puttin the new JBL's on the new harness rig. im thinking of the industrial velcro on backside of unit, and rivot a 2 inch wide leather strap to the webstrap, with velcro on it.

then i can place it on there and it should hold better than just tryin to stick in directly on the webstrap with velcro. more surface area of velcro to hold it that way. maybe a couple elastic bands around it just for extra security.

im hopin to have it all done, if everything comes in for the weekend, during this next weekend, and go to my friends house, suit up, and get some shots off for you guys, here, and on the other forums.

Wolverine
09-08-2007, 06:06 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Capeclasps01.jpg http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Capeclasps02.jpg

This is what I gave him.

LAN-ED-TUL
09-08-2007, 03:15 PM
thats pretty close bro. that should do just fine.

my home phone lines been acting up everythime it sprinkles it gets enough static to keep the modem from connecting.

ive only been able to get online at home 2 times in the last 5 days.

its raining all weekend, so no tellin when it will work again. the wife contacted the phone place and told them about it, and they said they would see about it. the last time they come out, they had to switch it to the last line that worked in the box. all the othersabout 5 or so, were screwed up.

so if this ones going out too, then i might be screwed, cuz he said the phone comapny, AT&T wouldnt run a new line. now thats BS!!

if theyre old copper wired lines are screwed, they need to update them, my pal down the road from me, is in a newer area that has only been there for a few years, and they run fiberoptic lines there, at least he told me they did.

Do-Clo
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Lan we used to have the same problem with phone lines here but they had to install a new main line a couple of years ago because one of the hurricanes damged the old patched line to the point where they could not fix it any more. Our phone service has been great since.

I have been working in my shop keeping busy with building sabers but I took some time out this afternnon to finish my saber. I have been building this saber for a few months. It has a MR FX sound board and one of Corbins LED drivers driving the led. It has a Ultra sabers fiber optic blade.

Dark Lord
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/000_0273.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/000_0274.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/000_0275.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/000_0272.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
nice D0-Clo as always.

on the phone line thing, the last time the guy came out to fix it, he said that they wouldnt run a new line, and supposedly i got the last open line out there, after they discovered theres like 7 others not working that were open lines.

so if its bad, i guess i wont be online anymore from home, cuz i wont have a hard line anymore. we'll have to see, but i will raise hell with them on this, you can count on that!

Wolverine
09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Awesome Job Lord Do-Clo :shock: 8)
That is a beauty :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
well, got my chestbox strap slots buttonholed with the sewing machine, and slit open for straps. only 2 things left, i got my AA and AAA 4 batt sized packs from RS today, so it looks like only the AAA 4 batt pack will fit, just from lookin, but will see for sure friday after work.

then the new JBL speakers mounting to new harness. and its done for now.

if my home phone line will work, i can upload and post a couple pics she took of me before we placed the chestbox, forgot to snap one after we got it on there.

i set it so there was about 1 inch from armor to top of box, with around 3 1/2 or 4 inches from box bottom to buckle.

not exact as haydens setup, but if i went 2 inches on top, then the bottom would be too close to buckle.

Do-Clo
09-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks Bros for the kind words on my new saber or I should say my only saber at this time. I have a few sabers planned to build for myself with a very special saber that I hope to be able to build soon.

I finally found the chest armor that I have been wanting and it should be here in about a week. Then I need to mod it and get it ready for the con in February. If all goes well it should be ready. I will post some pictures of it when it gets here and of the mods as it takes shape.

It sounds like you guys are very close to having first class vader costumes. I am looking forward to pictures. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-14-2007, 11:25 AM
well they finally put up last years con pics. and after seeing myself, i didnt realize then the chestbox was WAYYYYYYYY too low.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/06-06-23-005.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/06-06-23-006.jpg
and if you look at my face in this shot with lid off, you can see what heat will do to you whilst wearing a rubies SAUNA suit:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/06-06-24-061.jpg

heres the wife, they got one of her also:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/06-06-24-065.jpg

and me and a goofey guy i know dressed in the cheapo rubber vader costume dueling:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/06-06-25-020.jpg

man, it sure looks different than that now, i mean, shoot, even in november that year, it looked different, cuz of the armor repaint, NG/Porty lid, new shins,Porty chestbox, etc...

and now, new body suit, new FG armor, new MR lid, etc..

fom then to now, drastic changes in appearances.

i set the chestbox so its about 1 inch below armor, with 3 to 4 inches from bottom to buckle the other day on the LA suit.

so it looks lots better postioned on me now. im gonna try to get some pics at my friends house sunday. i just need to do a couple small things only takin a couple hours to finish off. so i should be done in time for sunday.

i want to get some decent shots taken to showcase what i got goin with it now. i will say the 1 jbl speaker sounds really nice but not as loud as i hoped it would be. but 2 of them should be good. the 2ns will be here today. so i can test both at once on there.

Wolverine
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
... and after seeing myself, i didnt realize then the chestbox was WAYYYYYYYY too low.

WELL we did TRY to tell ya, but would you listen to your Sith Brothers????

NNNnnnOOooo!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah seems like a long time ago, I love the dork in the $10 vader costume, what would posess anyone to show up anywhere, let alone a con, in such a cheap POS!?!?!?
I just realised, you had the ANH gloves on, dang, walk down memory lane. :wink:

....It sounds like you guys are very close to having first class vader costumes. I am looking forward to pictures. :wink:

Thanks Pal, we look forward to yours also! what stage of completion will your Sith costume be in once you get the armor?

LAN-ED-TUL
09-14-2007, 12:36 PM
i know i know. i knew it had been riding low, but when i see it now, compared to even the shot you used for my sig later in november that year, i see it was far too low. i remember the discussions, and some moving the box up and such.

yeah i had the ANH gloves then. very nice gloves, a lil on the stiff side tho. totally unlike these new 2nd run ROTS SA gloves.

these are extremely nicer than any of his previous gloves. seein that lid off shot, i never even knew my face had got those heat rashes from wearing the lid. noone ever said anything then. on another note tho, the rubies lid didnt look half bad in those shots.

and bro, my red box lights were insanely bright. they really show up in the pics.

in al, it was a fun time, and this years con is startin to shape up into lookin like a good one too. they got a few more folk to show up since last month. still supposed to get L. Burton, and K.Mulgrew to be here.

if all goes well, i hope to get some new shots sunday, to post up. the 2 the wife took werent very good shots the other day when i was in process of the strap slots on the suit.

Wolverine
09-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Get me some of your best, and I will update your sig Bro! :wink:

I posted the info on the Vortex II in a separate thread, so people who may have an interest in it, will look. :wink:

Wolverine
09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey Bros check this out, it is the first Rubies helemt that I reworked. It still looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Mask-and-Helmet-Ep-3-ROTS_W0QQitemZ120153061123QQihZ002QQcategoryZ99970 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the same guy from The SLD forum that bought one of my Porty Lids :wink:

Do-Clo
09-14-2007, 08:15 PM
....It sounds like you guys are very close to having first class vader costumes. I am looking forward to pictures. :wink:

Thanks Pal, we look forward to yours also! what stage of completion will your Sith costume be in once you get the armor?[/quote]

I have most of the bits and pieces to complete the costume so It will just take some time to work on it. I picked up the gloves and a cape with a hood also, so those are the last pieces needed for the costume except a good pair of black pants, but they are going to wait a bit as the wife has me on a diet and if I get them now they would probably be to big by the time time the con gets here. It is hard to be intimindating when you have to hold on to your pants to keep them from falling down. :roll: :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-14-2007, 09:04 PM
cant wait to see what it all looks like bro!.. should look awesome!

wolverine, you bet buddy, i hope i get some good shots you can use.

i will post them, and you can decide which would look best on a new sig.

i just havent quite got the hang of sig making down yet. my first attempts was, lets say, nowhere close to as good as yours. you are a wiz at the PS my friend.

i tried the new fan rig with mike. it all clears, but i have a issue with it pickin up the fan hum a lil bit.

after playin with it for awhile i think i found a way to position the mike when i slip on the mask, to eliminate most if not all the hum.

i have to extend the boom out in front and let it go up into the areabetween and below the eye lenses, i guess the nose area for lack of better description.

i cant hear it over the speakers there, but the wife can tell better when she gets home and listens to it for me.

velcro pieces in there do seem to have a hard time stayin stuck down really good on the leather. thinkin of dottin in a dab of hotglue under them. porty done that on the FG armor under the velcro he had on there, and it stuck good to FG, not surte on leather tho.

its either that, or if im positive thats where i want it to stay, i cloud smear a lil epoxy or goop adhesive and apply. the goop stays a lil flexible, so it might work best.

both speakers together sound pretty darn sweet. i believe loud enough to work out fine. they sure make the voice sound more awesome than the PA speakers do. i get a mettalic quality to the voice, and a light echo effect due to that.

Wolverine
09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
.... It is hard to be intimindating when you have to hold on to your pants to keep them from falling down. :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the mental trip my brother! :lol:

when your ready Lord Do-Clo, let me know, and give me some of your best pictures, I will update your sig also, it's about time for all of us don't ya think? :wink:
I have to wait to make payment on my LA suit, and cape set, as the dork at customprops kept giving me the wrong Paypal account, and he's tied up my credit card doing so. The last time it took only 24 hrs to get the money back, the Credit card company is probably stumped as to why I'd pay out to a non existant account twice. :twisted:

I did get a new pair of lift boots, and the pair of JBL speakers for the Vortex paid before all this BS with Customprops.
When I get the suit set, it also comes with tailored leather gloves, and a cod, and robe, so that will be the end of any Rubies parts for me. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
ok, she just got home, i quickly hooked it all back up slipped on the mask, and sfter messin with it a few times, we took off the mike bonnet, and i placed a piece of electrical tape over the backside of the mike, as it had holes there and was picking up sound from the backside as well as the front.

slipped the bonnet back on, and then the mask with fan runnin again. i had the mike against my upper lip, and she said after i swapped to next lower tone from startup like i always do, she could barely hear any hum. so that looks like the solution. its not totally gone, but youd be hard pressed to hear it now. she only did, cuz thats what she was listening for and not the voice or breath sounds. she said what she barely could hear blended in with the breath sounds well enough not to be noticed by anyone not knowing about it in the first place.

Wolverine
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
You could try turning the vocal compression pot counter clockwise, a turn, or two till the humm is gone. :wink:

The payment finally went through on the LA suit, I have dibs on opening day at the Starwars exhibit Oct 5th, :shock: and I know it won't be here by then, so I'll have to make due. :cry:
I have three, big event days for the exhibit, and I'm excited. :D 8)
I thought our "senior Vader" would have them hogged up, but he's got a new job, that limits his availability to evenings. :lol: :roll: :P
So some of us other guys get a decent shot afterall 8)

My pair of speakers will be here sometime this week, and I have a new pair of lift boots coming too. I'll have a totally new look with all new gear, I'm dang excited! Can't wait for that LA suit! :P :D

LAN-ED-TUL
09-17-2007, 06:01 PM
ok, i got some shots, and after getting to see what i lok like, theres only 1 lil thing i need to tweak.

the cape keeps slipping around the bells, and when the wife would reach over and pull the cape sides back in front, i seen the problem.

since the armors bigger than a rubies, and the cape hook mounts are a lil higher up.

theres a buckling of the front edge of the cape right in the cape hook area.

youll see when i get the pics up.

so i figure to correct that, i fold the front edge right where the clasps are to take that extra material up. tack it temporarily, check the fit again.

i might have to also bring up a lil material to the neck edge, as folding the front up, might cause a another fold in material partly from clasps area back ward a lil along the collar area. also, i will sand down or file down the hook just enough to let the clasp connect all the way. i will do this first, then see how the cape lays, if it still buckles up a lil, then i can try the folding it at the clasps area to take up the slack. probably fold it under instead of over. and if the resulting fold i am sure will result after folding the front edge up shows up right next tot he neck rim of cape, i might just let that go, as you wont see that spot much at all if any.

it shouldnt go very far from the front back, so it might just be ok as it is.

youll see the pic when i post it and see what im talkin about.

i should get that all sorted wednesday when im off work again.

i also took a video, to hear the voice, but my friend said to try settin 3 on tone, and it didnt come across the video very well, i think it was too low a tone.

so i will go with the settin 2 like i had been before. the wife said it sounded best to her, and she thought settin 3 was too low also.

other than seeing the fold of cape material when the capes pulled in front like its supposed to be, everything else looked great, the sound other than too low worked out good, was loud with 2 units running. my rig worked out perfectly the way i did the harness.

no neck rubbing on armor, it was a lil warm in his house so i did lightly sweat a lil bit, nothing at all like the SAUNA suit always did me.

in cooler conditions, outside in a breeze, or the AC on, he had windows up, and no AC running. should be tons better.

LAN-ED-TUL
09-19-2007, 07:53 AM
ok gang heres the shots i took:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0127.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0128.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0130.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0131.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0132.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0129.jpg

and heres the minor issue i discovered, when the cape is pulled around in front as its supposed to be, i have a bulge of material on each side caused by the way the cape hooks up due to armor being larger than the rubies is:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0133.jpg
a lil PS action and you can see how its supposed to lay.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/IMG_0133fixed.jpg

i think i can fix this really easily and should only take a lil time to do it today.

what y'all think?

Do-Clo
09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Lan the costume looks great :shock: :D A little tweaking on the cape and you will be set.

Jetsi
09-19-2007, 08:54 AM
That is an awesome setup! Get that little flare on the cape fixed and you have an outstanding costume.

Plus, with the pictures I can now guess what it would be like if Darth Vader came home for dinner :D .

LAN-ED-TUL
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
thanks guys. yeah im about to drag it out and work it over. shouldnt take too long to deal with it.

Jay-gon Jinn
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Very nice, Lan! Makes me wish I were a foot taller!

Hasid Lafre
09-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Very cool lan.

Do-clo whats your costume plan? a vader?

Wolverine
09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
:? Touchy subject :?

Do-Clo
09-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Very cool lan.

Do-clo whats your costume plan? a vader?

I could tell you but I would have to force choke you. :twisted:
If all goes well there will be some new pictures coming in the near future

Jetsi
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Ooooh! The suspense :evil: !

LAN-ED-TUL
09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
thanks JGJ, and HL, appreciate the positive comments.

i think i got the cape issue all fixed up. after i dremeled a lil off the armor hooks on the inside edge, just enough to get the clasps to fully clip on. that seemed to make the top lay flat.

then i seen it was not laying totally flat in front cuz i fixed the other apot.

so i went down around 5 to 6 inches down the front edges of cape on each side and made just a slight 1/4 dart by folding over the leading edges only, tack sewed them up.

that makes the cape more contoured around the bells, and i swung my arms around and such like in normal moving around and such, and the cape didnt slide off all way around to back like before, only bout half way, and a lil shrug or shake and it returns to the front.

so i think its fixed up.

only thing is because of the small leading edg dart it leaves a slight fold beside it on the cape, but a slight pull down on cape and it straightens out.

so maybe a washing, and hang dry using the rubies armor like a hanger, the wet cape weight as it dries out might help that out too.

Lord Do-Clo, i cant wait to see what ya got cooked up for the costume, it sounds totally awesome my friend.

oh, and the guy whos redoin the 327th site and asked for the new shots for my profile there went and did up a sig for me . i will use it over there, but elewhere i will use the resident Wolverines sig he will make for me.

heres what he did:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/let.jpg

that was nice of him to whip that up.

i just aint up to snuff yet on sig making.

Jetsi
09-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Anyone care to post their opinions on this from eBay?

http://tinyurl.com/38pm5v

Hasid Lafre
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I think about a good 60% of this topic was about hot to make that costume accurate. But I have heard on some sites that if your not about accuracy its a good item if you get it cheap.

Jetsi
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I think accuracy is important, but is $600 cheap for a Vader?

Just something I started looking into. And right now, I don't know if I would be able to tell the difference on whether it was movie accurate or not. Reading this thread would help, but I can honestly say I haven't read 243 pages of forum posts on this topic.

Hasid Lafre
09-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I actually sat down one night and read all the big topics. then try to keep up with them expanding at an exponential(sp) rate.

Wolverine
09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Anyone care to post their opinions on this from eBay?

http://tinyurl.com/38pm5v

It's where we all started from here. :wink:
Me, Lan, and Tetmatek, did, Seth22 started with some parts from a Rubies I believe.

If ya want to buy one of those Supreme Vaders, I can sell ya mine, and save you $100.00 or so. 8) PM me, if interested. :wink:
I'll soon be selling mine off, when my new suit comes in.

They are very nice -for the money. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
599 is a lil high for one nowadays, considering i got mine almost 2 years ago for 550. i have seen them cheaper on ebay over the last few months, so keep lookin and if thats what you want, get it.

you should be able to do better than 600 bucks. like around 550 at least, maybe less if your patient.

LAN-ED-TUL
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
video camera looks like it crapped out. been doin weird stuff in playback and now i cant record or playback. it works, i just dont get any pics or sound. i think the head inside may have went out.

Wolverine
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I finally started painting my newest armor I got last year. :D
I built up ridges on the sides to line the shoulderbells up good, and on a whim decided to try a new clear coat. :shock:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ARMORREWORK03.jpg

This was what the armor looked like when I got it.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Armorwithfinishedbells03.jpg

I built up the inside to make it thicker, and stronger

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/RepairedFrontedge00.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/RepairedFrontedge02.jpg

Primered it up

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/NewestROTSArmor.jpg

and Painted away

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/01PaintedBells.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/02PaintedBells.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/03PaintedBells.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/04NewArmorRepaint.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/07NewArmorRepaint.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/10NewArmorRepaint.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/12NewArmorRepaint.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/14NewArmorRepaint.jpg

The Clearcoat is Rustoleum's "Painter's Touch" line called "Crystal Clear".
This achieves the high gloss I love so much, in one coat, what used to take me eight coats with Duplicolor's clear :D 8) :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
not bad bro. looks pretty shiney.

should look even better once you go with the polishing it out routine. but looks good as it is,.

Wolverine
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the compliments Bro!

I Just recieved my tracking number for my LA ROTS suit, cape, robe, cod, and glove set! :D :D :D

The end of the upgrades is near! :D
I just wish it could be here before Opening day for the StarWars exhibit on Friday :cry: What's a poor Sith Lord to do :cry:

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 02:00 PM
ok, the guy i sold the damaged NG/Porty lid to sent me the money to paypal, and i promptly then bought most all the parts to build the new MHS hilt i wanna make for the jedi costume. its gonna be a obi-wannish style but different. running a green LV with a buckpuck drivin it.

i dont like where the switch placement is on the main 14 grooved main hilt section so im gonna set it up with a control box, i seen from parks, i know, i know,m but thats the only place i see a box that i can bolt onto the hilt overtop the hole, and run a switch in the box instead, in a way i can not keep bumping it. Moro Kadons saber i assembled for him, has that problem when dueling, he accidentally touches it, and the blade blinks off and back on when he gets off it. the switch is from here, and really they are the right design, but not good quality switches.

i did get one for now to use till i can get the box and mount it with a better switch in it. i had thought of goin the slider switch method using the computer strip or bubble strip to slide and move the switch just like a MR FX saber.

i had also thought of a PLI on there on the box, would look cool, but i dunno what kind of batt life i would get runnin it and the puck too.

and i dunno how it would be wired in for sure. im guessing on the puck side of the switch inline from switch wire to puck, on the hot wire side. when switch is turned on, it would get power from the batt pack directly via switch, and on out to the puck.

dropped almost 200 in parts, which is what i got for the lid. 230 including shipping.

Do-Clo
10-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Lan sounds good on the new lightsaber, I have a few lightsabers that are in the planing stage and I hope to be able to complete my ultimate sith saber before the upcoming con in Feb.

This is a little off topic but I have been working with Daz Studio 3D software and after several days of searching and downloading I may just be getting the hang of it, this is my latest 3D render.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/aiko2.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
10-05-2007, 03:15 PM
cool bro. looks nice!

Wolverine
10-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Here's today's trooping from Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry's
"STARWARS:Where Science meets Imagination" exhibit
-OPENING DAY-!!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay14.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay06.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay04.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay19.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay31.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%2010-5-07/100_2978.jpg

Link for other Photos = http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/

Jay-gon Jinn
10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I had the day off to go down there this weekend, but the Museum didn't really seem too interested in basic Jedi costumes at first, and then I find out it was homecoming weekend and my daughter has to go to the dance Sat. night.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
cool wolverine. looks like ya had fun!

Wolverine
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks Bro, I did...

I love going to the museum, you always run into old friends. :lol:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay104.jpg

you get to do some power shopping :shock: :roll:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay90.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay87.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay88.jpg

And get to see all the kids :shock:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay110.jpg

Here's some exhibit pics :shock: :shock:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay123.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay134.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay138.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay149.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay156.jpg

More on my Photobucket page =
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/

LAN-ED-TUL
10-07-2007, 02:10 AM
cool stuff bro!!

the hand looks cool. and the vader upper section details shot. awesome shots pal.

Hasid Lafre
10-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Your lenses look funny? like funny funny not funny haha

Angelus Lupus
10-07-2007, 05:01 AM
I think the reason they look funny is because you can see his eyes quite clearly in some shots. That sorta ruins the sinister Vader mystique

Edit: Ok you can't see the eyes, it just looks that way where the flash is being reflected.

Wolverine
10-07-2007, 06:58 AM

The reason they look funny is, the museum was like 80 degrees inside, so what your seeing is condensation in between the screen holes of the lenses, the flash refelects off that water making the lenses look mirrored, instead of black.
My helmet fans decided not to work at all, so it was pretty dang hot in there. My suit, cloves, and even my inner robe were soaked by the end.

LAN- the Hyperdyne, JBLs, and ipod worked incredible! :D

LAN-ED-TUL
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
i knew they would buddy.

too dang bad on the fans not workin. you got 12v running ithem?

i just have the one 12v on the grill but got 2 4AAA packs wired up to supply 12v to that fan,, its super strong now in there, and as the batts wear down, of course the fan will go weaker. but hey, im used to a 9v on a 12v fan, that dont throw out alot anyways cuz its underpowered.

i decided i would try and see if i couldnt get the batts in there to run it at 12v.

mine fit in there velcroed to the inside edge on each side of the side foam blocks.

seth22
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey guys, Thought I would check in. Its been a while. Ive been busy. We just had another baby. Ive been building a barn at my dads, plus we lost canceled our internet for a while. My two year old is getting into star wars pretty good already, and my 7 year old wants to be a storm trooper for Halloween. Ill have to get some pics of all of us in our costumes. here is a pic of my newest one. Hey Wolverine, loved those pics of the exhibit. Those are really cool. I would love to see it. My son sat on my lap at the computer going oohhhh!!! the whole time I was going through those pics. http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/10-3-07022jpg1.jpghttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/9-29-07079jpg1.jpg

Hasid Lafre
10-08-2007, 08:00 PM
The child willmake a fine sith lord.

congrats.

Wolverine
10-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Contratulations Sith Brother, good to have ya back! :wink: 8)

Cute little Sithling you have there! :wink: 8) :D

37H4N
10-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I just had to comment on the rock sign your kid did seth! Awesome! :lol:

Amazing Vader costumes BTW!

Wolverine
10-08-2007, 10:27 PM
....Amazing Vader costumes BTW!

On behalf of the rest of "The Brotherhood" Thank-you :wink: 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
yes, they will both make fine additions to the empire , lol

Wolverine
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I had the day off to go down there this weekend, but the Museum didn't really seem too interested in basic Jedi costumes at first, and then I find out it was homecoming weekend and my daughter has to go to the dance Sat. night.

I see your in the Rebel Legion, they are doing the Museum events in conjunction with the 501st. Maybe check on www.midwestgarrison.com the rebel legion has access to the event section once you register. That is if your still interested. :wink:

Do-Clo
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Congrads Seth on the addition to the family, a powerful sith she will become. :wink:

Wolverines the pics look great and I am sure you had a blast at the museum.

Wolverine
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank-you Bro! 8)

seth22
10-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys. I need to get another picture of my vader so it can go on my brotherhood sign. I think my next costume i will attempt to make a Wampa. That picture from the museum looks so cool!!

seth22
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I thought I would share my son taking a nap today. Notice Darth Vader napping on his stomach. And this is the Barn I built for my dad, just to give you an idea of where and what ive been doing every night AFTER work, untill dark.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/10-9-07070jpgsmall.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/barn10-9-07064.jpg

Lord Maul
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow, you're some handyman Seth. Your dad must appreciate that barn a lot.

tetmatek
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

The reason they look funny is, the museum was like 80 degrees inside, so what your seeing is condensation in between the screen holes of the lenses, the flash refelects off that water making the lenses look mirrored, instead of black.
My helmet fans decided not to work at all, so it was pretty dang hot in there. My suit, cloves, and even my inner robe were soaked by the end.

LAN- the Hyperdyne, JBLs, and ipod worked incredible! :D

that's you don't have Tetmatek's Cool Vader AC!

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/227/img1032ei0.th.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1032ei0.jpg)
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9484/img1031nb1.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1031nb1.jpg)
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5279/img1034it3.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1034it3.jpg)

been away too long Bros. Alot of reading to get up to speed.

Wolverine
10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Welcome back Sith Brother! :shock:

It's been along time, nice to see ya "back home" 8)

While you were gone Seth is starting a Sithling Farm :wink: :lol:

....I think I see an idea I'm gonna steal :lol: :lol: :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
10-10-2007, 11:02 PM
welcome back bro!!

nice to hear from ya again.

well, the plants shut down, and they were sendin anyone who wanted to the other 2 plants tonight. i decided to come back home, the wife i took over to the pie plant. i have to go back and get her at 6 in the morning. of course y'all know im takin thursday off, to prep for the con fri-sun.

i got me a piece of aluminum channel and cut it and bent over the ends, and welded it up with the special aluminum brazing.welding rod and a map gas torch. so i got my switch box now for the new hilt, which all the parts were mailed from Tim tuesday.

i plan on a slider switch mounted on the left hand side of the box, the box will be nolted down on to the ilt via 2 long button head bolts, 1 on each end

i will get a breadboard or something like it, design a cool looking design on the surface like the computer cards pieces used on the movie sabers, and glue that on top, just for looks.

i wanted to place a PLI on top instead, but i have no idea how to wire that into the system, as for now its direct power to the switch, then to the buckpuck and on over to the LV green led.

if i wired one on there, i know it would have to be wired on the puck side from switch and on out to puck, so when on, i would have power lighting it up.

but would that cut down the power to the puck too much, or not at all?

i need to ask Do-Clo on this one.

seth22
11-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Here are some pics of my daughters costume I made her, and my son as R2D2, and of course me as Darth Vader!
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/11-1-07012jpg-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/11-1-07013jpg-1.jpg

Wolverine
11-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Good job Seth, I trooped the museum Of Science &
Industry Starwars Exhibit

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI%202/MSI234.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI%202/MSI204.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI%202/MSI236.jpg

darth ney
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
i would like to be a member of the brotherhood. if thats ok could you please let me know. so i can tell x wing, i want to change my title to sith apprentice. thanx guys :twisted:

Wolverine
11-01-2007, 07:29 PM
To become a member of the Brotherhood, you need a Sith costume, it does not have to be 501st approved, nor does it have to be of any existing character in the Starwars realm, it can be totally of your own design, but you need a costume. When you have one, post your pictures here, and we'll check you out, Ok? :wink: 8)

darth ney
11-01-2007, 07:48 PM
dont have one caint afford one so never mind then, sorry i wasted your time

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Check out thrift stores, army surplus, etc. Also, check out remnant bins at fabric stores. With a little imagination, you might be able to come up with something cool without spending a lot of money.

Jay-gon Jinn
11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
you can usually put together the soft parts of a Dark Jedi costume for under $50, providing you know someone that can sew or can do it yourself. The most expensive parts are the boots and the belt, depending on what you get and where you get it.

I put this together using a home-made robe, an Adult Deluxe Darth Maul Rubie's top, some black sweat pants, a pair of black leather gloves, and those $35 ebay boots in black with one of my Jedi belts:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/dark_side_costume_small_pic.jpghttp://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/dark_side_costume_2.jpg

I plan on getting a black belt for it someday...

darth ney
11-02-2007, 07:34 AM
ok well after i finnish saving for my saber i am buying. then i will save for a costume.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
my whole jedi costume including boots, belt, which i made myself, and uppers cost less than 150 bucks in all.

seth22
11-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Did anyone see this? Darth Vader Episode III Helmet Replica , ebay Item number: 320180200919. I wonder what kinda shape its in?

Wolverine
11-10-2007, 08:44 AM
That's quite a deal, but it ain't over yet! :wink: :lol:

seth22
11-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I cant afford right now anyway :cry: My sons 2 birthday is actually on thanksgiving day. We are having a StarWars/Cars party for him.

Soulkeeper7700
11-12-2007, 08:29 PM
wow thats a sucj replica costume... if i had an extra 700 i would get one..lol

Wolverine
11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
(Originally Posted on the 501st SLD)

I'm posting this information here, for any aspiring Vaders even though some probably have seen it on the 501st SLD website :wink: 8)

ROTS ARMOR

Here's My Repainted Rubies ROTS armor (left) with the new Starfortress ROTS armor (right), and the new Porty ROTS armor (back row) :roll:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/ARMORFAMILY01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/ARMORFAMILY02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/ARMORFAMILY03.jpg

Here are the comparisons -

My Repainted Rubies ROTS armor -Bell to Bell 27" Front Center section 8 3/8" Widest Neck opening 8 5/8"

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/RUBIES01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/RUBIES02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/RUBIES03.jpg

My NEW Starfortress ROTS armor -Bell to Bell 27" Front Center section 8 3/8" Widest Neck opening 8 3/8"

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/STARFORTRESS01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/STARFORTRESS02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/STARFORTRESS03.jpg

My new Porty v. II ROTS armor -Bell to Bell 28" Front Center section 8 7/8" Widest Neck opening 10"

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/PORTYvII01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/PORTYvII02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/PORTYvII03.jpg

My Original Porty v. I ROTS armor -Bell to Bell 28" Front Center section 8 3/8" Widest Neck opening 8 5/8"

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay14.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI/MSI-OpeningDay16.jpg

I just finished installing hinges for the new Porty armor, so those measurements were for mounted bells. Porty kind of copied the idea I had for ridges, to let the bells rest on the armor, so I stole an idea from him :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll post pictures of that when I finish revamping my Porty v. I armor.

Porty v. II hinged mounted bells -

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/PORTYvII04.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/STARFORTRESS/PORTYvII05.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed ;) 8)

seth22
12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Here is a picture from my sons Cars/Star Wars birthday party. I got to actually meet Darth vader this time. Its weird seeing my costume from the outside.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/11-30-07125jpg-1.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
12-16-2007, 04:16 PM
well, been gone awhile, due to bad ice strom that hit last week. took out power poles and lines all over the area.

stayed with a friend who had a fireplace, so for 3 days we stayed there, then he got power, so we stayed there till friday, we still have no pwer at my house, and i got a generator friday, cost me 550 bucks, and so far 80 bucks in gas for 3 days nonstop running.

shut it off today before i left for work, and wil start it back up in the morning, while we sleep.

this is been hard on everyone, and like myself, theres still folks with no power, and we're goin on 8 days no power.

needless to say, my X-mas money for presents is gone now, so X-mas round here will be next to none now. and i wont have a paycheck with really any money for 2 weeks, since power was out at plant mon. and tues. and i stayed home frid, and sat. as well.

this storm came at the wrong time for sure. weathers improved alot, we had a light snow yesterday, but warmed up today and its almost all gone.

this has been a real bummer guys.

Do-Clo
12-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I wanted to wish all my Sith Brothers a Merry Christmas

Wolverine
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too my friend! and all of our Sith Brothers as well! :D

LAN, they have natural gas conversion kits for those generators, it would be an insane amount of money cheaper to run it that way!

Sorry to hear about all that my brother, mother nature sometimes has a way of pissing in life's cornflakes :roll: :cry: :evil:

I hope things pick up for you, you have my prayers bro!

LAN-ED-TUL
12-21-2007, 09:49 AM
thanks my brothers, i got my power back on tuesday, and my Dad got his back wednesday.

im off work for 7 days now, so i plan to enjoy that. maybe get to work again on the rubies revamp. just bout got the box ready before all this crap hit. a lil more primer and sandin and it will be ready to go.

still need to find some red perspex big nuff to fit the russrep coin slots i got, anyone here no where i can get some at?

i tried ebay, and found some, asked bout it to the seller, but only got one reply sayin they would let me know how much it would be for a piece of it enough to get 3 pieces for the slots off of, and he never got back after that, and i sent 5 emails to the guy.

any help on the red perspex would be appreciated bros.

thanks.

Do-Clo
12-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Lan you can get sheets of the material you need here
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=21314&product%5Fid=9792

LAN-ED-TUL
12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
thanks buddy, i will check that out. it looks like that might be my ticket bro.

a 12 x 12 only 3 bucks, but almost 8 to ship.

still not bad considerin what i was lookin at on ebay.

i got my coin slots mounted today, so after the epoxy dries thats holdin the clear plexi back plate inside it for coin slot bolts to go through, then its paintin time almost, and assembly.

in a few weeks or less, i will order the red plexi. thanks again bro for the link. i hadnt even thought of that place.

Do-Clo
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I am looking for a Rubies Vader cape, if anyone has one they would like to part with cheap email me.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
only place i know of bro, is ebay, for bout 45 to 50 bucks. thats what i have to do to, when i build my manny this year.

Do-Clo
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I have been watching ebay but it seems to have dried up lately on vader capes

LAN-ED-TUL
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
ill keep an eye out for ya pal.

LAN-ED-TUL
02-23-2008, 03:02 AM
got me a new xbox 360 the other day. and playin GH3 on it.

Dandura
02-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Rockband dude, rockband.

LAN-ED-TUL
02-24-2008, 03:17 AM
GH3 is cool too. i might go halfs with my friend on it, i dunno yet.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-23-2008, 06:57 PM
i think i will go ahead and grab a V@ unit from Jim. i wondered if a ipod nano would work just the same as a regular ipod for the breathin loop? mainly, its cheaper, and thats all i will use it for. and also, Wolverine, what was the project box number you used to houe your V2 unit in?

Wolverine
03-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Don't remember off hand bro Look in the SLD thread, should be in the last 5 pages.

I have an 80 gig ipod Video, but any ipod that can repeat (i think they all do) will do fine.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-24-2008, 02:22 AM
thanks bro, for the ipod info, i was kinda thinkin all of them should have a repeat or loop feature. i will check the sld for that info on the V2 thread.

also got me some parts to redo my graflex with tims graflex blade holder, and a red button switch from TGS to run it.
scott

Do-Clo
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I made it to Megacon in Orlando this year, here is some video from the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwk2RLn0_mA

Dark Helmet
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
thats awesome Do-Clo, we never have anything like that in the wash d.c. area. is it me or does wolverine look a lot like Jack Black in that vid?

Wolverine
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Great stuff Sith Brother!

...But the idiots misspelled your website http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

....Hey checkout my posts in the Stormtrooper thread

Do-Clo
03-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I saw the miss spelling but at least the video got done. I had a good time at the con, I went with DaJo. We got stoped several times by people asking to take pictures of us and with us so it was fun. I was really bummed because my tabards did not come in time for the con. My new saber was a big hit as people keep asking to see it and I passed out some cards so we will see what happens.

I need to get a new robe as mine didn't do well with a trip in the washer.:( I found some one that is interested in a saber so I think we can work out a trade for a robe so that will be done later this summer and the only other piece that I need is some leather shin guards as the plastic shin armor that I have looks good but they are uncomfortable to walk long distances in.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-25-2008, 12:58 AM
sounds like ya had a great time Do-Clo. you might be able to make your own shins if ya got a Tandy leather place or similar around. get some leather, and dye, cut out the shape ya want, attach some straps, buckles, or snaps, dye it, and your set.

after messing with making a few custom jedi belts myself, its not hard, and shins, would be even easier to do up.

Novastar
03-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Great stuff, Don... good to see people took to the sabers so well!

Let me know if you need some help with costume parts... I know one person that is a member of the 501st and RL that does costuming (and did clothing for a living prior to her retirement) who might be able to help.

P.S. I would post more links to videos on your website, and shoot exampler videos... it will draw much attention your way!

LAN-ED-TUL
03-25-2008, 03:48 AM
ok, heres a funny song i run across a few minutes ago. click on the link, and hit play.

http://my-name-is-darth-vader--mp3-download.kohit.net/_/545670

Wolverine
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Back on the Vader subject.....

I finally reached a point in my Vader costume where I feel it is now complete.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/501statMSI01.jpg

so much so, in my anal sense to have backups, I now have an exact complete second costume locked away in a spare tote.

So now, I begin modding my Stormtrooper, and the E-11 blaster with an upgrade kit I purchased off Ebay.

Do-Clo
04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Here is a Hasbro blaster that I upgraded with a resin kit and a replacement scope. I installed a piece of 3/4 inch diameter polycarbonate tubing as the internal blaster barrel and a 1 watt luxeon red led in the gun to provide light for the barrel plus to put a nice red spot on the wall.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/100_0116.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/100_0117.jpg

Wolverine
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
That Looks Damn Sweet Sith Brother, why's the barrel tip white?

....AND- what did you use to glue the resin kit to the plastic blaster??

PS- I was also thinking about putting a LUX in mine...great minds Lord Do-Clo!

PPS- any thoughts on that "Special Saber" we talked about, if it's feasible, I'm thinking in about 2 months I can send you the "donor"

Do-Clo
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
The tip is polished aluminum, I decided not to paint it. I used a two part epoxy to attach the resin parts to the blaster and it worked great, just make sure the parts are where you want then as they aren't coming off.;)

The saber project is a go when you are ready

LAN-ED-TUL
04-12-2008, 10:11 AM
well, im still waitin for the V2's to show up, but i got a mp3 player with the breath file given to me by DR. and the project box and standoffs, also links given by DR.

so now its up to the V2 units to get in stock. also, another project im working on right now, a remake of one of my graflexs. i intially went with Tims graflex socket, but found a much better one already coated in black. Tims isnt, this one is, and it installed easier and had other predrilled holes that were tapped already, that Tims didnt.

i will use Tims in one of the other graflexs later on, but this other one i got, from TGS is better. its got a Green LV led, a 2600 7.2V recharge batt pack running a 700 mah puck to drive the led.

all i need now is the replacement switch, from TGS. the first switch was a dud, and theyre supposed to be sending me a new one, thats not here yet and should of been by today. so another 2 weeks before i can work on finishing it. thats all i need, that mini micro switch, and affixing the redbutton to it, soldering it to the wires, and puttin it down in the switch hole, and puttin on the bezel part.

i still want to do the dbl sith style maulish saber. but everytime i go for the parts, Tims out of 2 or 3 items i need. if it werent for the shipping charges i wouldnt mind gettin what i can now, and the rest when theyre instock, but the ship rates are gettin kinda high and for instance, the last order was JUST a puck. only a puck, and it cost me over 6 bucks to ship a puck!!!!! thats high IMO!!!!! and the more parts i order, the higher it flies up.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-20-2008, 05:52 AM
whhhhhhhooooo hoooooooooooo. the V2's are in stock, and i just threw my 400 down on one. so now once it arrives, then i can get it adjusted all out, setup in the project box so graciously directed to me via wolverine, and move that sucker down to my belt instead of hangin off the armor like i have the V1 unit now.

Wolverine
04-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Congratulations my Brother!

I already know you'll be happier with it, that's great news man, I'm very happy for you!

I am very busy modding the Starfortress vader armor the GF bought me, and I picked up a second set of Porty v.2 armor, but Porty in his infinate wisdom sent me two left shoulderbells.....DUH!
I'm seeing more, and more evidence that I think it's him that is the BIG bungler, not his cousin.

So I'm painting two sets of armor, and doing fiberglass work on another, as well as modding my TK with some CLEAN parts, I just got.....busy busy busy.

I had given some thought to buying the Hyperdyne "Super deluxe" trooper amp, but the one that came with my armor is awesome...maybe down the road, I trooped with a trooper that had one, and they are quite awesome, I heard it loud and clear suited as Vader.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
thanks bro, yep, cant wait to get it all setup in the box, i got that box and standoffs like 2 weeks ago, just waitin for the V2's.

sounds bout right on the porty situation. theres always some lil thing not right or screwed up.

Do-Clo
04-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Congrads on the new amp Lan.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-21-2008, 11:34 AM
thanks bro!!

you been doing ok on your end? i just finished up the graflex convert a few minutes ago. still gonna have to sand out the socket a tad, the blades are pretty tight.

but its a nice bright green LV led in there, and it looks nice. wanted to do LV Cyan, but none around right now.

and my new saber im gettin ready to build with MHS parts, just waitin for Tim to ship them. its gonna be a dbl with red/O, have claws on each end, a choke neck and main hilt section, and a dbl 700 mah puck in each half driving the leds.

the pucks were shipped out today, hopefully Tim will ship my parts today too, since i ordered them on thursday.

so i got a few things going all at once myself on my end. lol

Do-Clo
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Bro, I am busier than a three-legged cat under a guava tree,;)

I have been busy building sabers, it keeps me out of trouble and pays the bills, but sometimes I think I work more now than when I had a job. I have been building a lot of custom orders along with trying to keep some built to sell on ebay, plus anything else that I have time to make.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
well, thats just awesome news bro!!!!!! im so glad that your sabers have taken off so great. you deserve it bro, you make some fantastic lookin sabers.

you usin MHS parts, or still using heilands and graflex MR's or real handles?

psab keel
04-26-2008, 08:03 PM
I just was skimming through this forum a week ago and have decided to help my friend make a ESB Vader costume. I just received a Voice changing Unit from Carl's electronics. Do-Clo how accurate would you say this thing works? It wasn't expensive at all so if it doesn't work as well as I hoped then I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks, Psab

Do-Clo
04-26-2008, 08:49 PM
I just was skimming through this forum a week ago and have decided to help my friend make a ESB Vader costume. I just received a Voice changing Unit from Carl's electronics. Do-Clo how accurate would you say this thing works? It wasn't expensive at all so if it doesn't work as well as I hoped then I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks, Psab

I am not familar with that one but doing Vaders voice is more practice than the voice changer, you need a deeper voice which the voice changer can do then you have to practice to get the style of speech down.

Lan I make all my own parts for my sabers on my lathe/mill machine. I buy some mhs parts such as pommel inserts, and claws it is quicker to buy them than make them myself. I want to build a couple of sabers for myself as time permits and I figure out what I want to build.

Wolverine
04-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Thanks, Psab

Lan, and I can tell you from a great deal of COLLECTIVE research, that the best bang for your buck PERIOD is the Hyperdyne Vortex II -BAR NONE
You need to pay the 501st Sithlord detachment forum a visit, and see, and hear for yourself what this device can do. -I guarantee, you'll be throwing stones at anything else, because they're all cheap toys. Here's the link, check it out.

http://www.501stsithlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1867

Let me know what you think.

psab keel
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you guys for your input. It is very much appreciated. I have heard the Vortex and the Vortex II on several different threads and that thing is AWESOME! I have some of Hyperdyne Labs Lightsaber Sound boards and they are second to none.

This was the kit I ordered:

CK0211 - Voice Changer Kit

From www.electronickits.com

I'm helping my buddy out getting his gear in order when he has some access to funds, but in the mean time, I'm even considering doing the Vader costume for my own personal collection, but I haven't decided yet. It's kind of hard to let go of some of these costumes once you invest so much time and money into them, you know?

We'll see though. I change my mind about which pieces I want all the time. There are so many cool ones to choose from!

LAN-ED-TUL
04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Lan I make all my own parts for my sabers on my lathe/mill machine. I buy some mhs parts such as pommel inserts, and claws it is quicker to buy them than make them myself. I want to build a couple of sabers for myself as time permits and I figure out what I want to build.

cool bro, didnt know you were a milling most of your own stuff now, thats totally awesome. if my grandpa was still alive he had a machine shop i helped him build out back of his house, he was a machinist for some big company out in California, before he retired. he had all the right stuff in that shop to do this stuff, wished i had that equipment, but it was all sold off after he died.

yeah i know the feeling. i got quite alot into my vader by now, over 5 grand overall. that V2 unit, which i just got mine the other day, is awesome. much better than my V1 unit. i set mine to cut off the breath when i speak, so full volume goes to voice.

psab keel
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I wired this little kit up and I have to admit that I am very impressed with it! For the price and the amount of sounds you get it's well worth the money. It's loud and with the pitch being adjustable I was able to replica JEJ's voice really well. Of course that is also key to these different boards. No matter how good the board is, if you can't imitate JEJ's speech pattern for Vader it won't matter how good the sound unit is.

psab keel
05-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I just got my dome today! I was fortunate to get a Supreme Rubies Deluxe Helmet off of ebay for about $50 including the shipping. Overall impressions? This thing is HUGE! Really nice, and while it does need lots of work its a really great base to work from!

I was just wondering if you good folks could help me here with something. I've read through a lot of this thread here and I've done all kinds of research at other costuming forums, including the sith detachment for the 501st website. I'll be replicating the ESB Vader Costume. (These measurements are all in Inches.)

I have the Chest Box dimensions as such: 6 -1/8" x 6 -1/8" x 1- 1/8"
and I have the Belt box(s) dimensions as: 4-3/4" x 3-1/8" x 2" on a Belt that is 2" wide

Can any of you confirm whether or not these are correct for the Vader ESB. I want to submit this costume for my application to the 501st and I know they have strict accuracy requirements for the Vader Costumes.

Thank you.

Wolverine
05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
They're not that strict, you may not be the size of Dave Prowse, so building a replica of the OT Vader costumes to fit those mesurements is highly impractical.

So needless to say requirements don't call for you to be measurement accurate to the films, just appearence. One of the vaders on the 501st SLD is female, and all her gear is scaled down to something like 80%.
They just don't want a ESB Vader with ANH chestbox & gloves, and ROTJ armor if you understand what I'm saying. -make sure all your gear matches up to your Vader's era, that's pretty much the extent of the strictness of requirements.
go to the 501st SLD, Read the requirement page for your target vader, and you should be able to find the vendors for the gear you need there.
-Happy hunting, and good luck, post up pictures of your progress here if you like, we'll help you as much as we can.

psab keel
05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Ahh!

I follow you. So if I decide that I wanted to do a ROTJ version, all the gear would have to be from that film, or from ESB, etc. etc. I follow that logic. This way the continuity isn't off.

Thank you for your help Wolverine. It is most appreciated.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance to start this helmet. I'm still acquiring components and will probably be moving at the end of this month, but I'll be sure to keep those that may be interested updated on the progress.

This is a costume that I want to try and pass on to my good friend who wishes to join the 501st, and I have been wanting to try my hand at building a Vader, but I am sure tempted to keep it! He's on a tight budget, so I'm trying to find cheaper ways to do things without cutting down on quality, so it's a creative challenge for me and all I would charge him is for the cost of raw materials.

So far all I'm planning to do is mod. the Helmet, make the completed belt, the lightsaber, the cloak, and chest box with breathing unit and voice changer. If I can I'd like to oversee (and help where I can) with his girlfriend who will be doing the rest of the soft components.

psab keel
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I've made some progress.......... towards stupidity.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a63ltij673E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a63ltij673E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

psab keel
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a63ltij673E

deadite99
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
First of all...Hello.Now on to my first official noob question to all the Rubies Vader experts out there,Im planning on aquireing one of these suits very soon and was wondering what size to order,I'm 6'4" tall and around 215 to 220 lbs,any suggestions.

Do-Clo
05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
First of all...Hello.Now on to my first official noob question to all the Rubies Vader experts out there,Im planning on aquireing one of these suits very soon and was wondering what size to order,I'm 6'4" tall and around 215 to 220 lbs,any suggestions.

You need to get the XL size

deadite99
05-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks...There are no costume shops close to me that have the supreme Vader so I'll be ordering online and wanted to make sure of the size to avoid any problems later on.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
keep an eye on evilbay, i see them there for less than what most of us here paid for ours when we got them nowadays.

seen one for 499 on there a couple weeks ago, a XL size at that.

but be forwarned and prepared, if the rubies path, follow you do, lots of modding, you will have to do, lol

Wolverine
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
... if the rubies path, follow you do, lots of modding, you will have to do, lol

Aren't you a little tall for Yoda. http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/images/smiles/rollinglol.gif

LAN-ED-TUL
05-08-2008, 02:13 AM
OMG!!! you slay me bro!! that was just too dang funny. i bout fell out the chair laffin so hard when i scrolled down and read that.

psab keel
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Here is a short sample of the voice changer kit.

As I mentioned in the info section on You Tube, the audio in the video is fuzzy because I accidentally had the camera too close to the speaker. But in person it's nice and clear. Along with this unit and the Rubies breathing unit, I should be able to construct a less expensive but nice sounding Vader Voice unit for my friend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-mx3PKYXzo

Let me know what you guys think!

Wolverine
05-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry to have to be the first one to tell you....That sucks.

I'm not trying to be mean, but, Vader's voice is CLEAR, and that system is just too squelchy!!

Here's some clips for you...

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/My%20Videos/?action=view&current=VORTEXIIClip.flv

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/My%20Videos/?action=view&current=VORTEXIIpt2B.flv

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/My%20Videos/?action=view&current=VORTEXIIpt2B.flv

This maybe some fun reading material -
http://www.501stsithlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1867&sid=3dd39d50e149b1ff9816aa826b2c0121

psab keel
05-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the constructive criticism.

I'm well aware of the Vortex and the Vortex II. Hyperdyne's unit is the cream of the crop, but is well beyond my friend's budget.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-11-2008, 02:50 AM
ok. i run into a lil problem , ive been finishin up the rework on the rubies chestbox.

i was installin the lightkit from the ebay seller, seversl others here might have got one from him, well,

when i mounted the red and white led for the red and green squares, i turned it on, and instead of evenly lighting the perspex red and green, i get a distinct light dot showing up from those leds. thats not the way the porty board i used in the porty box i put together looks, theyre evenly lit.

so, any reccomendations for gettin it to lite up evenly? i tried a diffuser paper already, not much luck there. i wonder if its the leds he uses on there?

Kant Lavar
05-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Did the diffuser paper help at all? If it did, the solution may just be to try and find that happy medium between diffusion and brightness.

Wolverine
05-11-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm affraid he's dead on right LAN, don't know of any remedy other than maybe doubling up the diffuser.

Do-Clo
05-11-2008, 03:51 PM
If you use some of corbin's blade film it will help a lot, it may take a few layers.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
yeah, one layer didnt do much except cut down alot of light overall, but still showed the "DOT" of light. theres a guy i know that did his, and i asked him how he got his to look evenly lit up, waitin to hear from him. i got some of corbins film i took out of a blade in favor for a TCSS tube , so i might try the C-film in there and see how that looks.

only things left to do is get this diffusion thing figured out, and the red rocker and wire the switch and batt pack to the rubies backplate.

ya know i just thought, i get a fair diffusion usin a piece of that foam diffuser from a MR FX blade.

i will try a piece of that in there and see what it does for me.

Do-Clo
05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I attempted cloning myself but something went wrong, I ended up with mini-me.

I got this from a great guy that I am building a saber for.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/100_0417.jpg

Lord Maul
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Dude, that's hilarious! The resemblance is totally there :cool:

LAN-ED-TUL
06-10-2008, 05:20 PM
cool,,, hey guys, been offline due to gettin a new house moved in. still dont have a phone line reconnected yet, and still got to get the computer stuff all moved over.

and direct TV as well. just moved the old trailer and put the new one in place of it.

i was livin in a 14 X 70 but now, im in a DBL wide 32 X 76 4 bedroom, with also a entertainment and a hobby room extra.

been so busy, but had a chance here at work tonight to drop in and say hey.

LAN-ED-TUL
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
expo finally posted up the 2007 pics. the pro guy took a alot of shots of me, these i thought were some of the best.

heres a few of them, a couple i really like myself:
this pic has my wife and a friend of mine in it:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-12-022.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-13-111.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-049.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-051.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-035.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-036.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-038.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-039.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-041.jpg

there were few more but these were the best he took.

Do-Clo
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Hey Lan the pics look good Bro

Wolverine
07-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Yes they do,
I can actually use them for a new sig for you. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

LAN-ED-TUL
07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
thanks guys, those few above and that closeup shot especially i think look really good myself. i happy with the way he did it.

Wolverine, that would totally cool. i could use a new sig pic. im still stoked bout DEFCON this next month. the 501st will be there, and i FINALLY get to meet up with some of them.