PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Wolverine
03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
ROCK-ON Sith Brother! :twisted: :shock: 8)

Beautiful saber Lord Technous! :twisted: 8) :D

ti-el_terall
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey Lan, yeah the flare doesnt look bad. I plan on getting a neck brace eventually. Just made anouther investment. A MR Vader RotS saber!

LAN-ED-TUL
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
sweet saber lord do-clo.

Ti, when your ready for the brace, the porty brace is the nicest youll find.

and how much did you score the MR ROTS saber for?

ive seen them, but around the 150 mark on ebay.

if i could score one for under 65 bucks, i would get one, otherwise they can have it.

i know, im dreamin thinkin i will find one for that or less, but i donty care, i dont really have to have it, but it would be nice to gut the sucker out and put a luxeon setup in it if size permits, or use the parts off it to add to my heiland saber im using now with the luxeon stuff in it.

Ryma Mara
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I will never think of darth vader the same ever again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mHyzbJXeog

Wolverine
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
that guy's costume sucks so bad, he just looks like a dork in a bad costume doing a dorky dance :roll: :evil:

ti-el_terall
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey Lam I got mine for around 250 shipped in Canaidian dollars. Iv seen just the saber sell on buy-it-now for $100 Canadian.

By the way, anyone like the new sig? Thanks Wolverine!

Wolverine
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
No Problem Bud, :wink:

Don't forget to PM Xwing, and have him change you to a Sith :wink:

We can't have a "Jedi-Knight" in the Brotherhood :wink:

...It's just bad for Sith-Business :wink:

Ryma Mara
03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Awsome sig, and the video at the end its a chick and she should of stopted the camera a few min before when she did.

cute thou.

Lord Maul
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
nice sig Ti El
wolvering, you do great work man :D

Wolverine
03-14-2007, 09:32 PM
thanks, 8)
I hope so, that's what I do for a Living :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-15-2007, 06:01 AM
sig looks good Ti.

wolverine does it again. nice job.

Do-Clo
03-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Ti welcome to the brotherhood, our ranks continue to grow, the sith will one day rule :twisted:

Wolverine
03-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes they do Lord Technous! :twisted: 8)

As we wait for the Day that Stryder himself finally turns to the darkside :twisted: 8)

....A Powerful Sith he will become :wink: :twisted: :D

LAN-ED-TUL
03-15-2007, 05:51 PM
lord strydur, could it be hes the one fortold of in legend to bring the balance to the force?

or just one bad arsed sith lord. LOL

LAN-ED-TUL
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
well lucas mailed the suit off yesterday, and porty said the armor should be done in a week or 2. sith armor, is redoing the new gloves again, said something bout the lines were too straight, and needed a bit of a curve on them. the side lines on the edges.

so hopefully within a month to month and a half, i will have both the suit, and the new armor, so i can get it all setup. i cant place the chestbox until i get the new armor, cuz i know its bigger than the rubies, and i think goes down further in front.

im not making a slit cut in the suit for straps until im dead certain where they will be at.

lucas gave me a idea to bolt the box to the suit, using a subframe on the inside, and only havin a hole where the screws go through instaed of slits for straps.

unless the suit fits tight through the chest and the box weight doesnt droop it, it would work, but i fear the box will droop it down and wont look right without the straps, holding it against me.

Do-Clo
03-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Lan you can attach straps on the inside of the suit to help support the chest box if you bolt it to the suit. It would be much like running the straps through slots in the suit

Wolverine
03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah just put Velcro on the straps. and on your internal support for the chest box, then it would still detach. :wink:
I like the strap system myself, after trooping the suit tends to be a little waterlogged, and I like to air dry it when I get home, I wouldn't want to wrap up the chestbox in the suit, while it's dripping with sweat :P Yuk!

LAN-ED-TUL
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
lucas had a good idea, but i tend to think myself the weight of the box, would pull down the suit. so i think i will just stick with my strapping system.

i mean, heck, i did go through all that hard work to create a backplate and strap slots in it, right?

i will do one thing i did on the rubies to the lucas suit, i will add a piece of velcro behind box to suit. i already have a piece on the boxs backside.

this helps, as i found out with taking on and off the suit.

before, soon as i unhooked the straps, the box wanted to fall to the floor, as the straps would slip back through due to box weight itself.

i solved that by adding the velcro, it stays put till I want to remove it.

works like a champ. but i still will have to wait for porty to finish the armor, which he just told me, should be ready witin 2 weeks, hes sendin me pics when done.

and i taliked him into a price of 300 for it total with shipping from spain.

thats where hes making it, not in florida, probably will ship them there once he starts production runs goin.

i aslo need to get ahold of ultra, as theres a guy dissin him on 501st forum, because he said he got a ebay auction from him for a saber or something, and never got it yet.

so im tryin to get this guys email, so i can forward it to ultra(alex) so they can work it out, hes threatining a dispute and all.

Ryma Mara
03-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Ok so Iam watchign anh right now and when obi and vader are dueling It seems to me that vaders lenses are redish in color a dark dark red.

ti-el_terall
03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Amber lenses were used on stunt helms.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
suits here, but got it right when leaving for work. i wont get to try it on till morning. and wednesday before i can manage any shots, assuming it fits me right.

i have to let lucas know its here, and the fit.

if it doesnt fit right, i will have to see if he can alter it, or whatever.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-20-2007, 06:06 AM
tried it on. fits pretty well. lil snug in a few places, but will loosen up after a lil wear time. i will wear it for a few hours wednesday.

should stretch enough and loosen up in the snug spots. very pleased with the suit. great quality work he does, professional lookin to be sure.

pics asap of suit, i promise. soon as i find the camera, lol

Wolverine
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Great LAN :D

I'm sure everyone is as anxious as me to check it out. :wink: 8) :D

take some shots with your gloves on too please, for leather comparison -If you can. :wink: 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
03-20-2007, 05:50 PM
any of the sith armor gloves?

i had been using the ANH gloves, but i can use the esb/rotj ones instead, at least till SA gets the new rots gloves ready, then i can get those.

like you had said before. the esb/rotj ones are close, its mostly in the side s****hing at the wrist to gauntlet ends that the main difference.

ya know, where it starts, and the angle and such.

anyways, yeah, i can do gloves on compare shots, or would you rather me lay the gloves besides the suit, and take a good closeup catching the gloves with the suit?

i think that would work till i get a sunny day, to do the suit on outside pics.

then i can wear the gloves, and the sun will show any differences betweenst the 2.

i will try the layed out shots over the next couple days off work, soon as i locate the camera again, lol :roll:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-22-2007, 01:06 AM
well, i just gotr some good news.

i got a pm from one of the main guys on the 327thstarcorps today.

they all got together and had a private vote, and made me a moderator of the Sith Quaters thread, and The How To's thread.

what a great surprise!!

other news, i helped ultra out by letting him know of a disgruntled buyer from him on the 501st site. i got the guys email and sent it to ultra, and i just seen he posted back and said all was worked out and items were on the way. so im glad to have helped ultra get that sorted out.

some bad news: on the 501st site

hyperdyne(Jim) was talkin bout his sabers again, in a thread called vader fx blade removal.

we were talkin bout FX sabers, i said in a post:

hyperblades might be the end all to beat all for sabers, i cant say, as i dont own one, but that price, is just too far outta my range for something, that you still could knock out a led whilst dueling , versus something i spend less than 75 for convert parts, do it myself, and knock your head off with it.

if i was a rich person, i would jump all over a hyperblade, and really put it through the paces dueling, just to see what the limits are, but im not, and most folk arent either, unless someone who already got one is willing to torture test the limits of one of these, i reckon none of us will know for absolutely sure if they can take just as much punishment as our converted, or scratch made luxeon sabers can.

i seen a picture from a fellow TCSS member who darn near wrapped the 1 inch 1/8 thick walled poly c blade around a pole. the pic showed a pretty darn good deflection of several inches, and he done this numerous times till he finally broke it. and the hilt still functioned, he just needed to replace a 25 dollar blade, and was ready to rock again.

i wonder if the hyperblade can perform such a feat, and not break the blade, or bust any leds in it. im betting it will break, and bust leds like crazy.

and he went off on me and wrote this:

tk204

Legion ID #: 0204
Mountain Garrison

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:45 pm quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, one of the outpsoken FSM members again comes out spreading misinformation. How do even know you will bust an LED? We have never busted an LED on any of my blades. So for you to insinuate that is what will happen is disengenous. You guys follow me around different boards attempting to slight my saber parts. Funny if you ask me, you even admit you nor anyone you know owns one - but somehow you are an expert on what it can and cannot do.

If any LED does break (and we have never witnessed this in any of our tests) yes it is easy to fix. The misinformation spread by the Luxeon guys is appalling. We engineered the blade to be easily fixed should anything go wrong with it. Unlike the MR which is pretty much trash once it breaks. So if the blade did break with some goon hitting a metal pole as hard as he could (I never understood those types of tests, but hey it must be a generational thing) it could be repaired well under $25. It was designed to break at the least expensive jumper wire rather than destroy the blade components. And yes our blade boards could easily wrap around a pole with the dueling jumpers in place. The blade actually folds up you know!

to which i replied back:

whoah, now, im not throwing any thing of the kind in the way of mis information.
i was simply stating with leds in the blades, its a eventual thing that some may get knocked out from a hard duel, plain and simple, its my own opinion, and maybe a few others.

if you never busted any leds, then thats great. i am happy to hear that. im not insinuating anything, just a law of probabilty factor. it could happen.

and i dont FOLLOW YOU around. i post on several places, if your there too, its coincidence, nothing more. and there was a guy on TCSS site that did get one of your earlier blades. he stated he wasnt all that impressed.

that was HIS opinion, not mine. i didnt claim to be anything of the kind as a expert on anything, so whos puttin words into who's mouth?

the one thing i DID state clearly, is your blades are waay too pricey for me, but if i was rich i would get one, and torture test it out. thats all i was getting at.

now on the flip side of this whole ordeal, i have your vortex board for vader voice, and that system is absolute top notch quality. pricey, yes, but IMO it was well worth the money to me for that.

cudos to you, for the vortex units. and whilst im talkin of that, is there any word yet, on a future board supplier for the next generation vader or trooper vortex units?

theres a few folk i know, that still would like one, whenever you start making them again.

so im thinking this guy acts just like hyper does when you say anything bout his blades, it might even be him for all i know.

hes a TK number 204. mountain garrison been there since 2005

looks like i walked into another fight again. sheesh, wont they ever get off our backs.

Do-Clo
03-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Lan when it comes to hyper poop head it is best to say nothing at all as anything said will result in an attack on you or your person. I have noticed that he does tend to be everywhere and is quick to post an attack to any response that does not sing his praises. The interesting part is that his actions seem to be tolerated on most forums. Having said all that, this is just my humble opinion and with it and $1 you can get a cup of coffee. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
i know, but it just got me that he jumped on me for nothing really.

anyways, im not sweating it.

Lord Maul
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
good old hyper, always quick to fire.
reminds me of james bond, shoot first and ask questions later :lol:

xwingband
03-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Lan, 204 is most definately Jim. Mountain garrison is his troop. You might as well leave it alone. Jim is one of the first 12 to join the 501st. You aren't going to get anywhere with the 501st people... they like him because he's been around forever bringing them stuff.

FSM=Flashlight Saber Mafia... only Jim would use that term. He's a prick...

All you need to do is point out that if the saber were to bend around a pole 90 degrees to anywhere but the jumpers the board will break. Jim will not admit it though. It's useless to argue.

Lord Maul
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
i was wondering about the FSM thing. thanks for telling what it stands for X

pretty funny man :lol: :lol:
we should call him the LSM. the led strip mafia :P

xwingband
03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I prefer prick... or just Hype. That's all he is.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah, i looked up the number and founf out it WAS Jim.

as far as the blade issue, yeah hes a prick for sure. i even seen a huge big thread started up on rpf where he and others were in a big fight over there, and rpf pulled the thread.

that was just last week or the week before that. and as you seen what i pasted above that i posted in that thread, as you even mentioned, all i said was a guy wrapped a poly c around a pole several times, till it broke and id like to see if his would do the same.

oh well, guess it will never end. flashlight saber mafia huh? thats kinda funny, guess we could flashlight his eyes out with no blade in hilt, then put blade in and whallop his butt ito death, lol

xwingband
03-22-2007, 08:20 PM
That RPF thread was for Erv's sabers... I have no shame in admitting I defended Erv's right to sell in the US. They reinstated that thread BTW (sans arguements).

LAN-ED-TUL
03-22-2007, 08:40 PM
yep, a guy bought one from erv and was talkin bout it and hyper got all bent outta shape.

Do-Clo
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
The funny think about HPH (hyper poop head) is that he banned me from his forum before I ever registered for an ezboard account, and all I said was that I wasn't that impressed with his blade, which sent him off on an attack on me about a year ago. As for HPH I would not have one of his products even if he paid me to take it. :twisted:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-23-2007, 12:23 AM
yeah, lol touchy isnt he? or paranoid. lol

Ryma Mara
03-23-2007, 06:13 AM
I dont see why hypers stuff is so great? oh well

anyway hows the suit comming along?

Do-Clo
03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't know about you guys but I am a proud member of the FSM (flashlight saber mafia), after all can HPH use his saber for a flashlight in an emergency. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Lord Maul
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM
too funny do clo. HPH

hyper hates admitting his stuff isn't great :?
and i am another proud member of the FSM :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-23-2007, 08:11 PM
thats kinda the way i feel too brothers.

like i said above, leave blade out, turn it on, burn out his eyeballs, put blade in and beat him to death. lol

then see what he thinks of our luxeons. i think wolverines right tho, if he did try what i said bout beatin that blade of his around a pole , i know it would bust leds, theres just no way round that, jumper wires or not, its gonna happen.

but he wont admit it, thats evident, by his super fast shutdown type attacks he makes. hes still sayin hes suing ERV over that sale to the guy who showed his erv saber on rpf site.

and in that thread , i was curious, and googled the info he stated on his patent. i found the patent, and glanced over it. im not sure if you can stil find it, since i didnt save the patent number to look up.

Do-Clo
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
The current soundboard that Erv is making does not violate the patent so HPH can go pee into the wind, bet HPH didn't know that. But I think it will be funny for him to spend all that money on an attorny and find out it is a no win. :wink: :lol:

Lord Maul
03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
do clo, with how overpriced his saber is he's got the money :wink:
still will be funny though :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
thats wasnt his only source for cash, the vortex units ya know. but hes in a pickle on that too. now that he has to find another board source since his current board is now no longer made.

wish i was there to see the look on his face when he finds out ervs not infringin afterall.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Maul
03-23-2007, 10:53 PM
attorney: 500$
court fees: 200$
pissing HPH off: priceless

LAN-ED-TUL
03-24-2007, 01:16 AM
no, THAT was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Jay-gon Jinn
03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
That was a good one, Maul! Man, you guys are a riot! :lol:

Ambo
03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
See new thread guys, common....lets embrace it.....rub it in his face....after all it is catchy....

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2380

Wolverine
03-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Talk about a "thread derailment" :cry: :twisted:

...the Brotherhood's thread de-railed by a bunch of "Jedi scum" :evil:

....well I guess we Sith lords have done it to you enough. :lol:

I'll jump on that "FSM" bandwagon too :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-24-2007, 10:30 PM
well, i did start the conversation up again on the poop head subject.

that added line in our sigs, is just too good!!, i already added it to the other sites, so poop head can see it. even 501st, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 10:32 PM
i started a argument on fx sabers. hasn't started yet, but i laid the grounds for it. and i added the FSM thing to my sig really big :twisted:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-24-2007, 10:34 PM
what forum?

i wanna read it.

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 10:39 PM
linky (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5664.15)

here ya go

i can't wait till HPH reads it :lol:

i am aluke123. my post is at the bottom of the page :wink:

Do-Clo
03-24-2007, 10:50 PM
LM I would always add in my opinion to any post such as that one becuase HPH just loves to sue people, but if you say, in my opinion, you are in the clear because everyone has a legal right to an opinion.

Lord Maul
03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
edited. not a half bad suggestion do clo :D
i can't wait for his response..... :twisted:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-25-2007, 12:53 AM
gonna read right now,,,,,away i gooooooooooooooooooooooooo

read it, and yep, do-clo's right, good idea to include IMO in there..

but then again, I DID the same thing on the 501st site thread, and he got all over me. funny tho, since last post i made, he hasnt retalliated yet.

BTW, i went ahead and joined that board too. it looks to me like we got some fellow lux people there also. probably some from here in there.

xwingband
03-25-2007, 05:18 AM
You are wrong about the brightness... hyperdyne's is brighter. I've never debated that. It's many other things it has weakness at.

ti-el_terall
03-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Very bad news. I came back from vacation and the paint is flaking on my Vader Potumac lid. Im very angry. VERY ANGRY!!!!!

I dont know what paint to use. Is there any more durable paint that I can use?

Did I mention how ANGRY I am! I mean I just got it! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Do-Clo
03-26-2007, 01:01 AM
What paint did you use and did you prime first?

Wolverine
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I know how you feel :twisted: :cry: -BELIEVE ME-

The original LID I bought from Northglass, I set on my waterbed, and then I sat down to work on something, and because of it's lop-sided weight, a few seconds later rolled off, and hit the rim of my metal garbage can, about 2 inches up from the brow on the dome, where it hit, the paint started to spider-web crack. :twisted: :cry:

Now that was $500.00 mind you! :evil:

I have since sanded it down, and used the Dupli-color scratch filler primer, wet sanding in between coats. I've got like 4 coats of primer on it, and after the next one I'm going to bring it to a friend's auto body shop to see if he can paint it for me, that way I don't have to try and spray it myself, lately I've been getting very poor results with canned clear coat running, or speckling, and I'm damn tired of sanding, and clear coating :cry:
I'll eventually bring my new armor to him to clear coat that. :wink:

ti-el_terall
03-26-2007, 04:44 PM
What paint did you use and did you prime first?

I didnt paint it. I think that either the fiberglass hadnt cured completly b4 painting, or it wasnt washed enough.

Do-Clo
03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Sounds like you are in for a time of wet sanding and then a serious cleaning before you spray the scratch filling primer. If you get the surface preped right you will have no problem with the paint peeling off.

ti-el_terall
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Yep, Im allready sanding it down.

987654321a
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Lan of course you should know you will win a fight with hyperprick (lol i put together both the names you made up xwing :wink: ) you are a sith lord. and anyways the reason why he is acting like that because when somebody is talking on boards about someone elses product regardless of how crappy that item is and how flimsy it is. that other person somewhat loses business. the potential customers that he would have had some would be gone. now dont get me wrong im not parting sides with hype, but just reminding its not really nice to talk smack of someone elses product that he sells. Lan im not mad at you but just stating the facts. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
HUH? :?: :? :?

i wasnt picking a fight, and i wasnt slammin on jims blades. i simply stated what a luxeon will do, and the punishment a lux blade will take, and said simply, i wonder if a hyperblade can do the same, and i bet it would bust leds. thats it.

if thats talkin smack, whats yer definition of slammin then?what i said, wont affect hypers sales in the least. hes to well liked amoungst 501sters.

hes losin more sales with the loss of his vortex board supplies than the blades. his bread and butter are those voice units. and to those, i agree, they ARE the best, you can ever get. and i always say that.

and talkin bout a makers products is what everyone does. its how we all know whats worth getting, countdown.

you cant tell me that you havent paid any attention to any remarks made here and elsewhere on where to get what, whats good to get, whats a great product, whats a bad product, whats crap, whats good, so on and so forth.

i bet if i dug around right here on this site, i bet i could find something even you said bout someone elses stuff.

so whos the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him? lol

anyways, heres some shots of the new LA suit i got:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010652.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010653.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010656.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010655.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010661.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010664.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010665.jpg

fits good, and so far worn 2 times at 4 hours each time, and no sign of sweat at all. stayed cool, not really even warm in it so far.

im wearing underneath, a under armor brand heat gear pants, and that spandex wilson sports compression shirt, see the logo thro the netting?

robt666
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
:shock: please tell me you have some shorts on in that pic and you did not just moon all of us :shock: :shock:

any way the new suit looks pretty nice. now get that new porty armor would ya :wink:

vortextwist
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
for some reason I was wandering the same thing :oops:

987654321a
03-27-2007, 04:35 PM
HUH? :?: :? :?

i wasnt picking a fight, and i wasnt slammin on jims blades. i simply stated what a luxeon will do, and the punishment a lux blade will take, and said simply, i wonder if a hyperblade can do the same, and i bet it would bust leds. thats it.

if thats talkin smack, whats yer definition of slammin then?what i said, wont affect hypers sales in the least. hes to well liked amoungst 501sters.

hes losin more sales with the loss of his vortex board supplies than the blades. his bread and butter are those voice units. and to those, i agree, they ARE the best, you can ever get. and i always say that.

and talkin bout a makers products is what everyone does. its how we all know whats worth getting, countdown.

you cant tell me that you havent paid any attention to any remarks made here and elsewhere on where to get what, whats good to get, whats a great product, whats a bad product, whats crap, whats good, so on and so forth.

i bet if i dug around right here on this site, i bet i could find something even you said bout someone elses stuff.

so whos the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him? lol

well now that you state it that way then forget what i said :) :oops: yes i do agree with what you said "i bet if i dug around right here on this site, i bet i could find something even you said bout someone elses stuff." . but even when i was talking about another product i wasnt really thinking about what i was writing, since this forum is linked to a store owner who reads this stuff it would seem rude to him to have me come here and talk about someone elses stuff. now hype doesnt have a point when he comes on other forums and argues ppl most of the time. they arent his forums they are for everyone to enjoy. btw nice suit. i like it especially for a vader suit. my friend just today told me about sea troopers and scuba troopers. he was saying how cool it would be that your dressed up in one and at the beach all of the sudden you and your friend run into the water and start swimming. the suit underneath would be a wetsuit, and the plastic armor on top would be the same as a storm trooper but the back would be shaped to fit a scuba tank. wow i wanna do it now but i need some $$$

edit- here is a pic of scuba troopers
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/hydralics51/untitled.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
:shock: please tell me you have some shorts on in that pic and you did not just moon all of us :shock: :shock:

any way the new suit looks pretty nice. now get that new porty armor would ya :wink:

i am wearing a underarmor brand heat gear full length pants, and that wilson compression spandex shirt long sleeves i got a ways back.

no i wasnt mooning everyone, i told the wife, everyone would think that, lol

and im waitin on porty for the armor havent heard from him since 2 weeks ago.

countdown, thanks for realizing that the way i said things wasnt what you thought at first, what you further stated, is a good point tho, we do have tons of respect for Tim, and we TRY not to do anything that will hurt his business.

countdown, lol for some odd reason, i think of you like that old sayin, you say sometimes you speak before thinking what you say or write, that reminds me of a line from a movie,

shoot now, shoot a lil more, and then if anyones left alive, maybe ask a few questions. lol the wild wild west.

and thanks for the compliment on the suit, i like it alot. and i know will be lots cooler to use than the sweatbag rubies suit.

the scuba trooper, go fer it. it would be cool to do one up.

987654321a
03-27-2007, 05:06 PM
haha. well torlin has already given me the nickname trigger happy so i guess i like shooting. lol

LAN-ED-TUL
03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
LOL trigger happy, yep thats you countdown fer sure. LOL :lol: :lol:

ti-el_terall
03-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey everyone. I need to find a good latching system for my helm. What should I use? The Portumac I got didnt have anything.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2007, 01:50 AM
TI, get some shots of it and post them so we can better understand and see it. then we can think of a solution.

also, yesterday at just before 3 pm, i became a grandpa. my daughter had a lil girl.

grandpa vader i am now.

Do-Clo
03-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Gongrads grand pappy

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2007, 05:59 PM
thanks brother.

gonna go by friday afternoon and see her soem more. they sent them home this afternoon.

i will snap a few pics of her. and post one of them. maybe do a lil photoshoppin a vader dome on her, lol

Wolverine
03-30-2007, 10:18 AM
:shock: please tell me you have some shorts on in that pic and you did not just moon all of us :shock: :shock: ....

Yeah that would be the "David Lee Roth" version Vader suit :lol:

Who was the male-model??? Did you have to pay him alot :?: :lol:

I knew he had something on underneath, nobody's a55 is that wrinkled :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you can fart all day, and when you take off your suit, the smell doesn't stay with ya! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, all kidding aside -Spiffy looking suit there Sith Brother, your making me want one now. :cry: Need a shot outside with your gloves on, to see how well they compliment the suit. :wink:

ti-el_terall
03-30-2007, 07:38 PM
TI, get some shots of it and post them so we can better understand and see it. then we can think of a solution.

also, yesterday at just before 3 pm, i became a grandpa. my daughter had a lil girl.

grandpa vader i am now.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0012.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0011.jpg

Btw, Congrats!

Wolverine
03-31-2007, 05:55 PM
From the look of your pictures, I'm assuming your lid was made for display only. :cry:
You will have a little work to do to get it up to speed to be funtional, like mine, LAN's, and TET's.
Can you give me a shot of the top inside of the mask, I need to see if you have an existing bolt hole, then I can give you some step by step instuctions, to get it to attach right.

BTW -Congratulations LAN on the addition to your family. Grampa Vader has a nice ring to it :wink: 8) :D

ti-el_terall
03-31-2007, 06:13 PM
What I was using was a piece of velcro up on the "forehead". The problem with this is that it wobbled, and it made the dome go higher up giving him that surprised look. Thats my 1 problem with the helm, The dome doesnt go down far enough.

Wolverine
03-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Pictures! 8)
...and is that a cap on the center of the top of the outside of the mask, or is that molded that way.
You may have a recast Portumac / Northglass LID, recasting for quick ca$h is very popular these days. :cry:

LAN-ED-TUL
03-31-2007, 10:41 PM
from what i can tell, it looks like the underside of our domes, minus the bolt in the middle. and a ring of the fuzzy stuff around the outside rings inside edge.

need a shot of the masks top connection too.

well, after 2 days, i finished the wifes new jedi belt. just need to make pouches next.

i made it from scratch with no plans, just a few ideas and pics to give me an idea. got all my stuff from tandy leather, and the flash washed out the color, but the entire belt is black.

tell me what you think of it?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010666.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010667.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010668.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010669.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010670.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010671.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010672.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010673.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010674.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010675.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/P1010676.jpg

the belt if you see the backside pics, i mad eso it is adjustable a few inches or so, the main on one side slips in the collar i riveted on the insdie of other side, then a adjustable bukle on the lil belt. riveted on one end, and left adjustable on other end.

a few hour yesterday, and a few hour tonight, thats it.

Ryma Mara
03-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Nice belt

LAN-ED-TUL
03-31-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks RM. its my 3rd one i have made. the first was my jedi belt, then a simple vader belt replacement for the crud rubies one, then this one. i plan on makin myself one like this one in brown for myself, in the future.

Ryma Mara
03-31-2007, 11:31 PM
YEah one of these days I need to make myself up a jedi costume

Do-Clo
04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Nice belt Lan

Lord Maul
04-01-2007, 09:50 AM
nice belt lan 8)
i love the contrast between the studs and the black leather

ti-el_terall
04-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Pictures! 8)
...and is that a cap on the center of the top of the outside of the mask, or is that molded that way.
You may have a recast Portumac / Northglass LID, recasting for quick ca$h is very popular these days. :cry:

There was a round black part that was inthere. It had a bunch of small holes in it.

seth22
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, Its been a while. Ive been busy, I built a stage and some props for a easter play at The church my brother goes to. He played Jesus and I was the head roman soldier. Still a sinister character. I made the costume except for the helmet and armor. I am in the cross picture behind the cross. I was finishing some last minute details with the cross. I used the first darth vader shin guards I made for this costume, Just sprayed them silver with a little black over spray. Looked pretty good. People would ask me If I welded them, Then notice up close they are soccer shin guards with vinyl placemats glued on the front. It was pretty cool. We did the play three nights in a packed church. I got to nail my brother (not for real, but I could remember somethings he did to me growing up that I could have gotten some revenge for) to a cross and then we lifted him up and dropped the cross in a hole I made in the stage, looked pretty cool.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/4-1-07092.jpghttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/4-1-07090.jpghttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/setha22/4-1-07080.jpg

Lord Maul
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
looks fun :D

that costume rocks seth 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Ti, it sounds like all they did was leave out the part with the bolt. the holes you said were there, were probably for anchoring the bolt assembly which, im guessing is like on a plate that mounted in the circle area.

so is there a dome shape on the top of the mask, that matches up to the domes circle area?

if so, does it have a hole drilled in the center for a bolt to run through?

if not, then you'll just have to do the remainder of a mounting system like was supposed to be in yours, like ours has.

\and thanks guys, im glad you all like my work on the belt.
i just went off a few pics i seen, got an idea, and just started in on it.

i placed the studs, at 9 inch spaces from center front of 3 inch belt. i think they turned out spaced nicely. now, i have to get here pouches made, got one so far, got to dye it when they get more dye in stock.

and im looking at a small belt pouch kit they have for the other pouch. its not tooled, just prepuched for the sewing holes, so it will make a good blank pouch. something around a 41/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 or 3/4 pouch.

just bout right size for one.

my new grand daughter:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/03-30-07_1324.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/03-30-07_1323.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/03-30-07_1322.jpg

taken with my new RAZOR phone i got last friday.

ti-el_terall
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Could you sanp a pic or two of the mounting system?

LAN-ED-TUL
04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
mines stored away right now, maybe wolverine has his more readily accessible for a quick pic.

Ti, post a pic showing the top of your mask, we need to see the top of it to see if its got the right dome shape to fit up inside the domes circle area you showed.

as far as pics, look way back in this thread, wolverine posted good shots of his mask, and the dome and mask top. see if you cant find them, theyre in this thread, but a ways back.

supertrogdor
04-03-2007, 07:26 AM
She is a cute little girl, Congrats Darth Grandpa!

Wolverine
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
....Your Daughter was wise to hide her from you :lol:

Cograts on a cute healthy Grand-baby Darth Grampa :!:

I'l snap some pictures on the mounting system when I get a 10 second break from the insanity I'm dealing with right now.

Looks like you'll have to drill out the center cap inside the dome, about a half inch with a 1" drill bit, get a carriage bolt, and fiberglass it in the hole, you'll have to drill through the top of the mask, so the bolt can pass through, then you'll need a large washer, and a nut to match your carriage bolt. You'll then have to reinforce the inside of the mask with some fiberglass, so the dome doesn't crack it.
I had to adjust the nut that was on the bolt inside my dome so the dome would set straight on the mask. no biggie :wink:

Seth great costume bud! 8) :D :wink:

I was in an accident Sunday morning, and I'm dealing with trying to reach the insurance company, getting my stuff back from the towing company, doing several side jobs, and dealing with my father who's literally flipping out about all this. :evil: :cry:

Lord Maul
04-03-2007, 02:45 PM
congrats Darth Grandpa!

a beautiful baby, you can be sure of that :D

LAN-ED-TUL
04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks again guys, wolverine, bro, sorry to hear of the lil accident pal.

everything and everyone , OK?

hope so.

and from what i read so far, i think your right on Ti's lid.

its lookin like that was the step left out of final prep on the setup. so he'll have to do that himself, just as you explained.

ti-el_terall
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Its here! Or they if you want to be technical.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0009-1.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0008.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0002.jpg

And.... they sent me two!
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0010.jpg

vortextwist
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
can I have the extra? :lol:

Lord Maul
04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
dang, rots vader le, very pretty 8)
and the second you should save and sell in 20 years :wink:

ti-el_terall
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Im probly going to sell the display stand box, etc keep the saber to use with my Vader.

One for display and one for fun :twisted:

Ryma Mara
04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I would keep everything, makes selling it down the road much better.

Wolverine
04-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Yep, nice Saber, :wink:

Same one I bought, posted the pictures back a dozen pages or so.

LINKY= http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/

Got mine for less than half of the MSRP 8) :wink: :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/MRROTS10.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/MRROTS19.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/MRROTS16.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/MRROTS20.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/ROTS%20Saber/MRROTS17.jpg

They even include the belt clip so you can wear it out of the box! :D 8)

Lord Maul
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
i still think it's stupid that MR put the covertech on the vader rots. it TOTALLY ruins the whole saber hanging emitter up badass look that vader had

Ryma Mara
04-06-2007, 02:56 AM
I found this looking for non star wars armor.

*removed link*

Marsupial
04-06-2007, 08:07 AM
i still think it's stupid that MR put the covertech on the vader rots. it TOTALLY ruins the whole saber hanging emitter up badass look that vader had

what I find stupid is that they made a new saber for ROTS.

yet I can't see it in the movie.

Ryma Mara
04-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah that pissed me off big time.I amean when did vader lost the rots saber for the ANH version?

And the biggest gripe I have is the anakin ROTS saber thats susposed to be lukes ANH saber. there nothign alike except they "resemble" each other.

but thats GL and MR trying to get more money from the suckers thats gonna want to pay 50K for that DM on ebay.

Wolverine
04-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I found this looking for non star wars armor.

That's not too smart posting a link to vendors in an open forum, you could get alot of people in BIG trouble. As well as put some valued vendors out of business :evil:

http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/images/smiles/duh.gif

Barmic Rin
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Never understood the Darth EP3 hilt either.
As for Anakin/Luke hilt, Obi-wan modded it whilst on tatooine.
He gave his the same treatment.
He had to keep himself busy somehow for 19 years....

I do kinda like the EP3 version, better then the ROTJ one anyway.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
ehh, im not worried bout it, i got the heiland i made into a ANH with the luxeon and sound, thats what im using, and will for sometime.

i think its dumb, they say, this is vaders rots saber, when theres absolutely no screen shown movie proof of it.

they should have just used a clean, new shiny ANH style, since its the first time you see it at all in a movie.

now, if MR comes out with a ROTS vader FX model, we can do a lux convert too, then brother, i'll be all over that in a second.

but until then, heck with it, i will use what im using now.

Do-Clo
04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
If you read Dark Lord, The Rise of Darth Vader, you will find out that the ROTS saber was given to him by his master, and he didn't care for it so it makes sense that he built a new one later, the same with his artifical limbs he rebuilt those because they were heavy and unresponsive, along with the suit which did not please him. Vader informed his master that he would be taking charge of his own body and suit.

Ryma Mara
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Sorry bou tthat I diden tknow it was a vendor. I thought it was just a page showing the differences between armors.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-06-2007, 09:51 PM
nope, didnt read it. im not that big of a reader person, when it comes to novels and such like that.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-07-2007, 08:00 PM
well porty got back, and said he thinks he got all the stuff he needs to finish up the armor.

he said soon as he does, he will send me pics. for me to critique. and see if anything needs changing.

if anything needs changin i am to let him knkow, and he will fix it. he told me he will not make the run on the armor till i give a thumbs up on it.

so when i get the pics, i will post them here, on TFN, and also SLD and anyone then can look them over, let me know in the threads, what opinions are, any changes that it might need, and then after a couple days i can look over the responses, and get a consesus of it, and report back to porty.

im hopin its good to go as it is the first time. from what i seen of the progress pics, i think the main thing we will have to look for is the hooks and chain placement on the armor. and yes, i sent the pic wolverine posted here on a rubies where it is and where it should be on it.

Wolverine
04-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks LAN :wink: 8)

Here's the latest (Snail-like) progress on the Northglass LID, and as promised the pics for the reworked dome bolt :wink: :D

The mask is finished, although sitting around in a covered box at work so the paint can cure, it's dusty, it's about time to clean it, and polish it up.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask01.jpg http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask02.jpg

Some shots of the mask, with the heavily wet sanded, and primed dome. :wink:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask03.jpg http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/Mask04.jpg

sorry about the blurriness, as we all know here black only photographs well in daylight. :cry: :evil: :x

Here's the work I did repositioning the bolt, and nut (key) inside the dome.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/BoltRework01.jpg

I used a 5/8 socket to break the nut, and bolt from the fiberglass, by cranking it. Once removed, I used a 1 inch diameter drill bit, and drill out the center where the bolt was "glassed" in. I filled the hole almost to the top, with activated fiberglass resin, and with the bolt, and nut in place (upside down), then fit the mask in place, centering it properly till the fiberglass dried. :wink:

Inside the mask (LAN & TET) you may want to take a close look at how thin the walls are around the key nut, one good breeze can crack the dome off the mask, so you may want to strengthen the walls around it with some fiberglass also.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/BoltRework02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/BoltRework03.jpg

I did this by wrapping the bolt, and key nut in waxpaper, placing the mask on the upsidedown dome, and pour activated fiberglass resin around the walls till it reached the top, thus strengthening the walls, and the top of the mask.

Oh, and I got a new "trooping" transportation box just for my lid :D :shock: :D 8) :wink:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Helmet%20Rework/LIDBOX.jpg

heavy duty protection! :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-07-2007, 10:35 PM
did yours come with the cone shaped piece for the dome attachment?

mine is set up, like your was, but before you attached the nut on the bolt to snug down for attachment, i have a cone shaped part that slips over the bolt, which the wider end of the cone rests against the underside of the mask fitting over the hex shape in the mask, from the key alignment.

then place nut on and snug down.

i still could with that cone in place pour a lil resin to build it up i guess, but in my case, it would just really build the sides out a bit so it wasnt as thin in that spot, as you showed.

that cone piece, fits snugly over that hex shape in the mask, so i dont think thered be much room under it to really do any good on building it up.

i guess i can drag out the damaged mask, as both are meade the same way, and take some shots of what i am talkin about, if anyone wishes.

Lord Maul
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
lol wolverine, i love the carring case. no more chipping in transportation.

now just get a box for the rest of the armor and you're set :D

Ryma Mara
04-08-2007, 12:12 PM
YEah then people would look at him like hes pushing around band equipment, lol.

Wolverine
04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
lol wolverine, i love the carring case. no more chipping in transportation.

now just get a box for the rest of the armor and you're set :D

I already got that before I got the one for the helmet :wink:
Infact all of the costume is already packed nicely into it. :wink:

http://www.containerstore.com/MEDIA/ProductCatalog/6359/6359.jpg

LINKY= :http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=250&PRODID=62806

Got the helmet container at the same place :wink:

Linky = http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=250&PRODID=59726

The gear container has a handle on one side, and wheels on the other. So you lift, one end, and wheel it around :wink:

I'll put casters, and a handle on the LID container, pad up the inside, and I could drop it off a building, and not chip the lid then. :wink:

YEah then people would look at him like hes pushing around band equipment, lol.

Yeah, I have all that too, I was in bands for 20 years...Loads of flight cases :wink: and gear bags :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-08-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah, after i get the new armor, i wil have to relook at my container for transport too.

see just what room i really need. i might still use the tote i have now, its bigger than the one your using, but drawback is no wheels, ya have to carry it.

i do need to see about a nice container like you got for the lid.

how do you place yours inside the box? all together bolted up, or seperately, with padding?

i remember seeing nice containers like that at a army surplus store here in tulsa. i will have to check into that again. the first time i was looking, i was looking for a trunk big enough like vaderpainters is, to store the lid on one end like he does. but i have yet, short of custom making one through georgia case company to find one.

tetmatek
04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
WHOAH!!!

I need to get up to speed.

LAN Gongrats on the new addition.

Wolverine I am going to address the mount an my bucket as well. I keep having to retighten it all the frackin time. I am going with somthing like My ESB Helmet has. Use three bolts in triangle pattern with one slightly off line for a one-way fit.

I have to finish my chestbox and attach my shoulder bells and I am have my ESB version complete. Alittle off schedule but the emporer is cool with it. LOL

I have been painting a ton of stuff and building sabers for the Garrison members and freinds. Not to mention James3 Dengar is accepted and he is an official 501st member.

finally getting a routine worked out so i can get back home here more.

Take notice I'm BACK :D

Wolverine
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Nice to have ya back home TET! 8)

You've got a little reading to do huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-08-2007, 10:29 PM
hey there stranger. nice to hear from you again.

987654321a
04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
nice lid wolverine. i was talkin to corbin in the chatroom about me making a nice ancient saber that is basically a hollowed out impala horn with electronics and a blade in it. to go with that an ancient costume, that is like basically a ragged tunic, with a cloak over it that is leopard skinned. with a custom mask sorta like what Lando wore in ep6 in jabbas palace. the front face gaurd made of animal teeth.

tetmatek
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Thread is rolling strong! :D

I have been wearing the suit alot since joining the 501st. Basically I have been the Richmond area Vader.

Here's my last troop at an elementary school spring festival.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/345/6153500172060bgpg2.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6153500172060bgpg2.jpg)

This is at SheVaCon in roanoke. Sci Fi and horror an fantasy convention. It was great fun. we had a fan table with lots of PR stuff

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3191/shevvaderfo7.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shevvaderfo7.jpg)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7594/shevvader1kx3.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shevvader1kx3.jpg)

Also been painting lots of Star wars Props and Helmets

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9388/image00221zi6.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00221zi6.jpg)
James' Dengar Ab Plate
http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/8923/image00192gb4.th.jpg (http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00192gb4.jpg)
Biker Scout
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9638/image00177kv7.th.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image00177kv7.jpg)
DP Classic Action

Lord Maul
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
nice one Tet :D

those kids will have nightmares about you. lol

Jay-gon Jinn
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Nightmares? Kids LOVE Vader! I trooped with our local 501st (MWG) and Rebel Legion (MWB) a couple weeks ago, and ALL the kids wanted to have their picture taken with Vader!
BTW, you guys have some of the best Vaders I have seen on the net so far, keep up the great work!

Jedi-Loreen
04-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, Vader always gets all the attention out here in California, too. People are usually disappointed if we don't have one an event.

We have a guy in the So Cal Garrison that's been doing Vader for years, using dry wall stilts, because he's only 5'4". He recently started doing the ROTJ "Death Scene" Vader, I don't what else to call it.

Here he is posing with the R2 mailbox in Hollywood (you can see Mann's Chinese Theater in the background.)

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/20070319_picview/img/59.jpg

He even has moving "linkages" for his fingers inside the cut off wrist. It's kind of creepy, actually.

Wolverine
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Nice picture Jedi-Loreen, that is creepy :shock:

Jay-gon Jinn, thanks (from all of the Brotherhood) for your compliments, maybe we will run into each other in the future, I am in the MWG, but the Illinois branch, several CONs* comin' up though.

TET, great pictures man, looks like that was fun...You need to get a handle on that chestbox though. :wink:

*Unrelated goings on
-I used to belong to a Doctor Who fan club some years back, called the Federation. Now I find, after running into some of my old friend's, that they coordinate, and are heavily involved in "Tardis-Con" here in Chicago. Awhile back we did a pledge drive for the PBS in Matteson WI, where they had a 4th Doctor look alike contest, which I came, I saw, and kicked some A55. I may be at Tardis Con dressed as (Tom Baker) the good Doctor, or may just go as Vader, and bring some Troopers :shock: :lol: :lol:

Jedi-Loreen
04-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Does anyone in that Dr Who club have their own Dalek? :wink: :P

tetmatek
04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
The box will be taken care of with a new suit :D

Wolverine
04-10-2007, 02:22 PM

Yes I did for awhile, I left it in their care, and they may have blown it up for all I know, that was about 15 - 20 years ago, I built that Dalek. :wink:

I'll post up some pictures of the Dalek I built, later tonight, if I can find them. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-10-2007, 06:08 PM
nice pics Tet, looks like ya had a good time.

thanks as wolverine said, for the nice compliments J G J.

i thought id pass on a lil something i found out and got.

borders is runnin a 50% off on the MR FX sabers they have.

i run into tulsa yesterday to a borders, and sure enough, each maul hilt half was 50 bucks.

i grabbed 2 to make a complete maul saber.

so one of the sabers i really wanted i now have for 108 bucks with tax.

now its up to Corbin and Tim (hint, hint) to get the maul conversion kits out. im gonna convert mine into red luxeons soon as the blade holder kits are ready.

everyone run to the borders bookstores and see if you can score any sabers whilst theyre still at 50% off.

Wolverine
04-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Good part of that sale is, I don't have to go, since I already have all the MR sabers except the Obi-Wan, Bad news for me since I paid full price for all my non-converted sabers.

One converted ESB saber I bought from TET a long ways back, the other two I bought with lights damaged off Ebay for a round $30.00 each, and of course that Prized Maul is definately by far my favorite...since I won that here. :D 8)
Eventually I'd like to get, or do the conversions on my Mace, Luke ROTJ, and ESB sabers. The Luke ROTJ is my second favorite, I just love that green saber look for some reason. :wink: :D 8)

vortextwist
04-10-2007, 07:32 PM
There is still good left in him, 8) I can feel it. :lol:

tetmatek
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow that was alittle while ago. Infact you bought my first converted saber. Hope you have had no problems with it. Thats when Tim's tutorial had us taping all the connects. My we have come a long way and still going strong!!!

I need a carry case as well. My rubbermaid tub with wheels has flats. I love the helmet case. I hope to get one of those bad boys myself.
I am going with a suit like Lans. Then I can ge that darn box tight and straight!

I have a new set of armor myself. I just need to attach the shoulder bells and get an ESB cape chain. Already have the cape and innerrobe.

Does anyone know where to get the rocker switches for an ESB chestbox?
I have billet coin slots and rods but no lights and rocker switches. I have a Porty box.

Wolverine
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Porty has the switches in one molded piece, email him and see what he'd sell them to you for. I'm sure it will be cheap. :wink:

Yeah we have come along way, who'd a thought that our love for sabers would lead us to becoming 501st certified Vaders! :wink: 8) :D

It's been a fun trip down the dark side with you guys, and we are still perfecting our craft. 8)

I'd be getting a new suit, cape, and inner robe, but the "lil" accident (as LAN labeled it) I was in has set me back some serious cash.
I totalled my car, ('94 Thunderbird) which only had liability insurance on it, no big deal there, but I had borrowed $1000.00 to fix up the front end, and put a new rear wheel bearing, and hub on. I borrowed the cash from my dad, who didn't even ask how I was, just threw a three day tantrum about it, then he forced me into borrowing money from him (again) to buy a new-used '88 Toyota Camry which I thought was kinda pricey, but it was garage kept, and only has 54,000 miles on it. So now I have car payments...again....Uuuuurrrggg.
Then I hit a Dunkin' Dognuts sign, so I'll be doling out the deductible for that, so he gets a new sign :roll:
and I got a concussion. :roll:

My T-Bird had 160,000 miles, so I wasn't expecting that to last forever, just thought I could get another 2 years, without incident out of it. :twisted: :cry:

Life has a way of bending you over gently when you least expect it, and giving it to you hard. :roll: :cry: :twisted:

I still plan on replacing those items, just don't have a "ball park" on when. :evil:

ALSO- a little FYI -that helmet case is made from sheet metal, not aluminum, so pad up the inside, and you could drop this from a building with no harm done to your LID. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
get a set of the rockers from porty as well Tet. he should, if you email him sell you just a set of rockers.

and i will tell you, you wont be sorry with the LA suit. its darn nice for the 350 price tag, for a real leather suit. and the mesh venting, oh man, all i can say, is wait till you try it on, ten thousand times better than any full enclosed suit for sure. i worn mine 2 times for over 4 hours each time with my set of the underarmor, and havent broke a sweat yet.

you will be happy. one thing i will tell you is add 1 to 2 inches to every diameter measurement, and let him know you also included a wrist, and ankle diameter measurement as well. i added thos to mine, and he said he hadnt even thought of those. it helped. my suits still needs a lil more break in wear time before a actual event wearing i wil go to in september.

so i have plenty of time to get it all stretched and limbered up good. thats another nice thing bout the real leather, it will stretch out a lil in any tight areas. mines snug in a few places, and at first i couldnt sit down, but after the first hour, i can sit in it now no problem as it stretched just where needed to allow that.

even lucas agreed with my breakin in procedure, and said thats the best way of doing it.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
crap, wolverine ya beat me while i was typin my meassage in.

Wolverine
04-11-2007, 10:35 AM
That's ok LAN, Multiple points of view are always better then a single one. :wink:

Lord Do-Clo, I'm sorry I haven't responded to your email, I've had several "issues" on my computer with AOL, and viruses, so I didn't mean to seem to snub you brother. :wink:
Thank you for asking, I am fine, just a little banged up, but I heal real quick, that's where the nickname (given by friends) comes into play. :wink: No-body else in the car with me, thank god! :roll:
Loads of BS to deal with, you, and Darth Mom, are the only people who asked how I was, and I appreciate that my good friend 8) :wink:
My dad was more worried about the freakin' car. :evil:
Thanks again buddy! :D

Do-Clo
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
No problem Wolverine, I figured that you where having loads of fun with life, glad to know that you are ok. Cars come and go but a good vader can't be replaced. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
thanks again guys, wolverine, bro, sorry to hear of the lil accident pal.

everything and everyone , OK?

hope so.

hey bro, dont forget i asked if everything was ok, too. and if everything, meaning you and all else was ok.

im glad to hear your doing better, but sorry to hear bout the hassles revolving around the incident. i know how it feels. ive had my share of lil accidents too in the last few years. a few years back, the wife totaled the taurus we had with 3 deer. one throught the windshield, and one in the side door and the other hit the back door.

she got banged up, but not real bad, mostly banged up from the darn airbag when it went off. that accident was the worst of the few in the last few years.

on another note:

so far, im really liking the new maul saber i got. its great, and will be better after tim and corbin get the holders made up for it.

if anyone wants a 50 dollar new FX hit the borders bookstores before the sale ends.

Wolverine
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
...hey bro, dont forget i asked if everything was ok, too. and if everything, meaning you and all else was ok.

I didn't mean to sound like you didn't express your concerns too pal. :wink:

I was just refering to Do-Clo's email, that's all, sorry. :wink:

No problem Wolverine, I figured that you where having loads of fun with life, glad to know that you are ok. Cars come and go but a good vader can't be replaced.

Thanks pal, I appreciate that! :wink:

...and you are correct, I am having loads of fun with life :roll: and my own personal Gestapo I live with :roll: GEEEZZZ

LAN-ED-TUL
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
its all good, pal. i was just ribbin ya just a tiny lil bit.

gestapo, huh? lol

well, anyways, has anyone checked out the borders near them for the sale sabers?

if you want one, best hurry before sale ends. if, i can afford to, im gonna check back and see if i cant score a obi-wan FX too.

Wolverine
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
That's the only one I'm missing in the later set, I may look into that also. :wink:

Jay-gon Jinn
04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I don't think there's a Borders anywhere near me. Too bad, too, 'cause I don't have any Force FX sabers, and would love to get my hands on the Obi-wan.

EDIT: I guess there is. There's one less than 25 miles from me. May have to check it ot this weekend.

Wolverine
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.bordersstores.com/index.jsp Look here :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-13-2007, 07:30 AM
i had found that link too. but when you search the inventory they all list at regular prices, not the 50% off.

thats why i just took the drive in and checked in person.

elrond.406
04-13-2007, 05:44 PM
i had found that link too. but when you search the inventory they all list at regular prices, not the 50% off.

thats why i just took the drive in and checked in person.

...so is it still on sale? ~$50, right?

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 06:58 PM
This is what happeds when I get angry....

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0049.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0048.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0047.jpg

Lord Maul
04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
is that paint, or a huge crack ti el?

vortextwist
04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
This is what happeds when I get angry....

looks like a big crack

Lord Maul
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
i don't think so vortex, because it fades toward the top, more like paint IMO, but ti el must confirm :wink:

vortextwist
04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
yea but, he said this is what happens when he gets angry. so he must have gotten mad at it :lol:

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Its a crack, well, its barely hanging on. One cheeck is missing.

I threw it.

Hard

Against the gound....

I fell better now tho :lol: too bad bout the lid and all. :wink:

vortextwist
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
you'll just have to bring it back to life 8)

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I have to consider the damage and then Il decide if I will or not. I do prefer it over the portumac. Heres some pics showing the damage better.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0050.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0051.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0052.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/PICT0054.jpg

Jedi-Loreen
04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
What caused you to have such a temper tantrum in the first place? :shock: :?

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Lol, I really dont know.

Lord Maul
04-13-2007, 10:25 PM
holy dog snitz!!!
that thing is destroyed!

is it even possible to fix it now :?: :roll:

Do-Clo
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
What caused you to have such a temper tantrum in the first place? :shock: :?

I guess it is a Sith thing, I have ripped a few cabinet doors off that were left open for me to hit my head on and I have punched a hole in a couple of walls, but never threw a helmet :twisted:

It looks like you need some JB weld for plastic :wink:

darthdan
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Something to remember in times of stress... "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

Firebird21
04-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I could fix that! :wink:

I think it would take about 4-6hrs. Provided you still have all the pieces.

There's a lot of structural damage there so you'd have to use the correct product for repair and I don't think JB weld is going to cut it. I'd use an automotive plastic repair kit designed for rigid plastics (bumpers). Also there's some special techniques needed to ensure that the repair will hold up.

I would gladly fix it for you, or if you wanted I could try and type up a procedure for you to do it yourself, but that's not an easy fix for an armature and, no offence, but I don't know your skill level when it comes to this kind of work. All the posts about what work has been done and by whom all kind of blurs together after a while.

seth22
04-14-2007, 01:19 PM
The picture with the lid on the cracked mask looks pretty cool. Looks kind of skeletal, and a little creepy. I would paint it up like it is just for fun.

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Not an easy fix for an armature? What about an amateur?

Sorry, sometimes I can't help it. :P

Firebird21
04-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Not an easy fix for an armature? What about an amateur?

Sorry, sometimes I can't help it. :P

Oops... did the spell check a little too fast I guess... :roll:

Wolverine
04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
That hurts just seeing those pictures :cry: :shock: :cry:

That's a tough lesson, if you had thrown a Rubies mask, it may have improved it, Fiberglass will just shatter, that's an expensive lesson in patience. :wink: :cry:

I'm not so sure a "plastic weld" would fix that. When fiberglass resin is broke it tends to be a little powdery at the edges. You may have to try your hand at using some bondo. :cry: :wink:

-Or lesson learned, buy another LID. :wink:

Lord Maul
04-14-2007, 07:06 PM
was that your rubies lid ti, or the other nice one?

ti-el_terall
04-14-2007, 07:26 PM
It was my rubies. I tryed using bondo for something on my other lid (fiberglass) and its been sitting there for 3 days and still isnt dry.

As for my mask, I might just sell it off for a couple bucks, make someone else happy.

If I can save my money Il be able to afford a MR Lid by the end of thge summer. After that Its shoulder armour then chest box and belt. Then the grand finale will be the suit. Il still end up upgrading the rest just little by little.

Wolverine
04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Save yourself the $500.00 or so, and get another Porty or Northglass LID. $900.00 + S&H is what the MR Lids go for, Sure I'd love to have one too, but to put things into perspective, you can have just about 3 Porty/Northglass Lids, or a decent used car for that kind of moolah- :!: - :wink:

I'd also, be afraid of ANY mishaps however great, or small with that Lid. Remember my setback, not so long ago....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Damage02.jpg

If your bondo hasn't dried, it means you haven't mixed it properly, With that, and fiberglass resin, you have to follow the instructions to the tee. :wink:

ti-el_terall
04-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Save yourself the $500.00 or so, and get another Porty or Northglass LID. $900.00 + S&H is what the MR Lids go for, Sure I'd love to have one too, but to put things into perspective, you can have just about 3 Porty/Northglass Lids, or a decent used car for that kind of moolah- :!: - :wink:

Yeah, but honestly, The Portumac doesn't do It for me. Whenever I see pics of it i see a great helmet, but I don't see Vader. Iv seen it painted ESB style and It looks far better, but I don't want to have a ESB costume, I want a RotS one. Even if it is expensive, it is the most accurate out there. I know people who have helmets that they payed that much for, maybe more, and they still troop in it. Iv seen people with the MR and even with not the best shoulder armour, chest box, or any other part of the costume, but the helmet make sit look so good. Where as with mine It looks like a guy dressed like Vader. That's not what I want people to see.

Sorry if this isn't how anybody else feels, but this is how I feel, and that's what really matters.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-14-2007, 10:34 PM
i dunno Ti, alot of guys over on the SLD said they DONT troop in their high dollar lids. only special event things. they troop in cheaper lids.

and whats so bad bout the Northglass/porty lid? its Damn close to accurate. only very minor diff's in it and a 1000 dollar MR lid.

but if you wanna blow a grand on a MR lid, go troop, and get it all chipped up cracked and broke, dont come cryin to us bout it.

we tried to tell you. wolverines right, you can buy 2 NG/Porty lids for that price. i got 2 myself, but i got lucky on my deal, only 400 for 2 lids, and all i have to do is a slight repair and repaint on the damaged one.

Firebird21
04-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Ahh... If it's fiberglass then I'd use Marglass. It's basically Bondo with fiberglass reinforcement. It comes in different length strands, the longer the strand the stronger it is, but harder to work with.

If Bondo takes more than 5 min to dry get it off there and do it over because it will never dry, and if it does it's not going to be very strong. You want a 10-1 ratio of filler to hardener with any of these fillers, including Marglass.

tetmatek
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I tell ya you are better off to use 3m 8115. I am useing it on my Rubies helmet. It has a long work time and it sticks to plastic. We use it to glue door skins and such on. PM me if you would like some assistance. I owna body shop an Firebird might as well for all the knowlrdge he has. I'm sure both of us have made some of the mistakes you are. Believe me i wanted to throw mine and smash it to.
As far as an ESB Bucket Look on Ebay I saw one fiberglass bucket for $200. I'll try to find the link

LAN-ED-TUL
04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
SA gloves:

he said the XL and XXL gloves are being made now, and if they look ok, he will rush order the Large size next.

still think we're lookin at a couple more weeks at least.

no word from porty on the new FG rots armor since last email sayin he thinks he got all the parts to finish it.

time? your guess. i hope soon, as i need to get it so i can set my chest box on the lucas suit. and get my speaker rig setup too.

Firebird21
04-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Tet, have you heard about the new glue that is used on welded panels?

Supposedly you can use this stuff to mount, say, a Q. P. but you can weld through it! It has very little bonding strength so it doesn't interfere with the factory structural strength requirements (being too strong). It's like the next generation of Weld Through Primer.

tetmatek
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Tet, have you heard about the new glue that is used on welded panels?

Supposedly you can use this stuff to mount, say, a Q. P. but you can weld through it! It has very little bonding strength so it doesn't interfere with the factory structural strength requirements (being too strong). It's like the next generation of Weld Through Primer.

I have heard but not seen. I believe it is a 3m or Fuser product but we are in need of a 3m rep and have no Fusor rep so we are a little slow on the new tech at the moment

We could use an appraiser like you down here. Some of the companies down here want the appraisers to be unknowledgable so they can only read off of the company menu(mainly prog...e). So I am constantly explaining repair techniques and ICAR recomendations.Supplements double the original estimate.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-21-2007, 12:30 AM
wel im not sure, but tulsa just might have a trek con afterall. i went to the starbase 21 site from tulsa, and it says trek con 2007 info coming soon.

if they do have one, i might go one day, and i hope my vader stuff will be ready. if porty dont get me a armor, i will have to go in the old rubies suit, and sweat my butt off again, at least for that day.

im not screwing up the leather suit by usin the rubiea armor to set the cuts for the straps, i will wait for the FG armor to cut those straps.

Firebird21
04-21-2007, 07:01 AM
We could use an appraiser like you down here. Some of the companies down here want the appraisers to be unknowledgable so they can only read off of the company menu(mainly prog...e). So I am constantly explaining repair techniques and ICAR recomendations.Supplements double the original estimate.

lol

That means you can take them for a ride!

I'm not an appraiser anymore, I teach. But being on the Dark Side for so long I can understand how estimates can get doubled so easily. Depending on who works on the car or even if the car gets repaired at all, an estimate can be tripled.

Around here they don't give anything away. You have to ask for it. I got yelled at for giving blend panels on street-side Q.P. jobs on brand new high-end vehicles. At first I was like, WTF?!, but after 3-4 of these cars getting "Fixed" without the new Q.P. and no blends and not a single R&I, then I could see where they were coming from. I still may not agree, but I could see their point.

Wolverine
04-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Just a note to -ti-el_terall

just because your Vader suit is in the "under construction" phase, doesn't mean you can't use you sig bro. :wink:
You reached a plateau, your not bumped out because of hardships here in the Brotherhood my man! :wink: 8)

Mine has been back in that phase for months, I hope to complete the re-painting in a couple weeks. :cry:

ti-el_terall
04-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Wolverine, I sent you a PM.

Wolverine
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Right back at ya Bro. :wink:
Sorry to hear that. Think about it. :wink: 8)

Wolverine
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM

As promised, here's the pictures of the Dalek, I built this back when I was 18 years old. :wink: 8)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Dalek01.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Dalek02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Dalek03.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/Dalek04.jpg

Hope you all enjoy! :D 8) :wink:

Do-Clo
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Cool Dalek, now I have the urge to add one to my list of projects, motorized, remote control, head that turns and lots of lights. Somebody stop me :shock:

jjshumpert
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
i dont know about the dalek, but where can i get a pair of those shorts?! :twisted:

sorry wolverine, i couldnt resist...

Ravage179
04-25-2007, 05:29 PM
got to time travel to 1979 dude, EXTERMINATE!!

Lord Maul
04-25-2007, 05:35 PM
i dont know about the dalek, but where can i get a pair of those shorts?! :twisted:

sorry wolverine, i couldnt resist...

i was about to say the same thing :lol:
those are the shortest shorts i've ever seen :shock:

vortextwist
04-25-2007, 06:01 PM
isn't that that guy from the show "great american hero?" haha I had to. 8)

Wolverine
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Nah,
That's my friend/neighbor Alan. 8) He was cool. His Brother took the pictures.
I'm actually inside it, at the time of the pictures.
When firing the "gun" I used roman candles, looked really cool, but never got pictures of it. :cry:
I scared the crap out of kids that used to cut through our back yard. :wink: 8)

vortextwist
04-25-2007, 06:44 PM
ha very cool! 8)

ti-el_terall
04-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Bad news guys. Im selling my entire get up. I hope this is a good choice on my part. I havnt even looked at it forever and with the accident I wouldnt be able to wear it for a long while. Its been fun this last half year but Its time for me to move on. I might start back up in a couple years but untill then good bye!

LAN-ED-TUL
04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
sorry to hear the bad news Ti.

hope it gets better soon.

Wolverine
04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear that ti-el_terall,

Whenever your path leads you back, you have your place here with us Brother 8)

Do-Clo
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Sad news indeed but I can say that I have been there, :(

LAN-ED-TUL
04-26-2007, 06:17 PM
well guys, i just got word back from sith planet(randi) and porty had made new sets of the rots armor and he has them, and here i sit waitin for the dang armor. so i might just go with randi and get my armor.

he told me porty made them, and made round 10 to 12 sets, and he had bought them off porty.

theyre rots from what i gather, not sure if the cape/chain hooks are there, but i guess, i could whip something up myself if need be.

and for only 275 plus 15 to ship, thats even a few bucks less than portys 300 offer to me.

so i might just run with that. i asked randi for some measurements and a pic of it, and the hook question as well.

if i like what i see, i will get it, as im tired of being strung along by porty, as apparently he already has made the armor, but hasnt told me.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-27-2007, 06:30 AM
a lil confusin i gotta clear up with randi on the price. his 2nd email said 285 plus shipping. so i gotta find out which price it is. but i think i will go that route since its the armor ive been waiting for porty to make me anyways, and it is a porty new FG armor anyhow.

i will have to make my own hooks tho for cape chain.

so wolverine ole buddy and anyone else throw me some ideas again for hooks.

i know of the staple type look, but im no good with glassin anything. and im not sure if epoxy would do the job.

i want to find a metal bar similar to the rubies hooks, and bend it up, and make a very similar design to the rubies setup. if i could just find the right lil metal bar stuff, that i can bend ok, without it snapping into and still be strong enough like the rubies hooks are.

i can do the hole drilling, and square off the hole and a small washers hole just like the rubies.

i am just not sure how a pair of eye hooks like i seen others use would look tho.

maybe i might see something at the hardware store i could use in the small metals display where i grab stuff like my stainless sheets and such. i know they have small bars like that.

only i think they might be brass. i can use the plastic chain for the chain.

i still have the spare piece that has 13 links,

wolverine, do you think that would be long enough, or should i get some from you, since you have that roll you got?

i really need to get this project rolling forward, ive been waiting for porty since january for this armor, and im gettin tired of waiting.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-27-2007, 08:27 AM
ok, i went and did it, i paid a total of 290 to randi (SP) for a porty rots fg armor.

hes gonna send it out to be painted, and he said about a week for that, so i expect in 2 weeks thereabouts i will have my new fg armor. then i can set the box, cut my strap slots and procede with riggin up those amp speakers.

in about a month, i expect to go ahead with about 75 bucks to customprops, for the new rots cod they now have. its just like the movie used version. with the tab in the center and the notches in the top on each side for the boxes to nestle in place at.

i figure a spot of velcro in those to places with the already setup place of velcro on that tab on the cod, should give me a 3 point connection of belt to cod, and a much better alignment and stability for the setup.

heres a pic of it:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/9113_12.jpg

Wolverine
04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
...so wolverine ole buddy and anyone else throw me some ideas again for hooks.

I used 2 big staight pins, you can get those in any hardware store, they're like cotter pins, only the wavy part is straight. Hence -straight pins.
A washer on the top of the armor, and the bottom, this helps when you have to bend the legs of the pin back, but still BE CAREFUL

Let me know how much chain ya need, I only charge ya a buck a foot + S&H You will have to file it to make a more refined look, then your good to go buddy! :wink:

....hes gonna send it out to be painted, and he said about a week for that.

Let's hope he doesn't send it to "Porty" to get painted... :lol: :lol: :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-27-2007, 09:53 PM
lol good one, wolverine. at least randi is in AZ so shippin shouldnt take long once sent.

its definately cheaper than getting it from portyhimslef, as i saved 10 bucks, i know, i know, 10 aint much when we're talkin bout 290 vs 300, but hey, that ten bucks will buy the supplies i need to make the hooks, and some chain from you ole friend.

i will send ya a pm on that.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
oh, forgot, im gonna take a looksee at the hardware store in the area where i get my small metal supplies, i know they got small narrow flat bar similar to the rubies, i think, see if they got something that will work, i would like to try something similar to the rubies setup, would make it easier, and no glassin or epoxy to mess with.

good idea on the top washer wolverine, i will definately do that as i also add the one below like the rubies is.

i can use a needle file to square off washer hole and FG drilled hole, simialr to rubies is.

Do-Clo
04-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Now for something on the Sith side, luxeon red 3 watt led with an all custom machined 16 inches long hilt, 36 inch long 1 diameter blade with a film diffuser. Blade picture taken outdoors in the shade.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000370-1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000371.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000376.jpg

neophyl
04-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Nice sabre as usualt Do-Clo.

Been working on a little darkside myself, heres where Im at so far
http://www.spartandesign.co.uk/pictures/dookuprogress1.jpg

Wolverine
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Well Done neophyl,
you must share some pictures with us when your costume is completed Count :wink:

Lord Do-Clo, another amazing job my Sith Brother. Par Excellence! :wink:

LAN -I couldn't find anything anywhere that even slightly resembled the Rubies cape hooks, that's why I finally came up with the straight pins, you can cut them back a ways, to get the same effect as the Rubies cape hooks, ...just my 2 pennies. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
04-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Now for something on the Sith side, luxeon red 3 watt led with an all custom machined 16 inches long hilt, 36 inch long 1 diameter blade with a film diffuser. Blade picture taken outdoors in the shade.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000370-1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000371.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000376.jpg

sweet saber do-clo. for some odd reason it looks like one of anakins pod racer engines. lol

wolverine, did you get the PM on the chain info?

neo, looks like a count dooku outfit. nicely done.

neophyl
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Well heres a pic of the outfit now its done.

http://www.spartandesign.co.uk/pictures/dooku6.jpg

Lord Maul
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
impressive...most impressive 8)
i love it neo, and with the dooku saber it's da bomb!

987654321a
04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
nice costume. damnit i cant decide what to make for c4? boba fett? Jango? sith? or use my original jedi outfit? i wont have the boba or jango ready for c4 in time because i need lots of money for armor. but the sith costume would be nice

Ryma Mara
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
hay cd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Affordable-Star-Wars-Boba-or-Jango-Fett-Costume-Armor_W0QQitemZ190105533045QQihZ009QQcategoryZ154Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its a start. depends on how tetnical you want to get with it. granted you need a bucket gauntlets and the under suit.

but thats prolly the cheapest you will ever find the armor.

Do-Clo
04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
hay cd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Affordable-Star-Wars-Boba-or-Jango-Fett-Costume-Armor_W0QQitemZ190105533045QQihZ009QQcategoryZ154Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

its a start. depends on how tetnical you want to get with it. granted you need a bucket gauntlets and the under suit.

but thats prolly the cheapest you will ever find the armor.

Don't bother with that armor is is very poorly made and is incorrect. Most people just give up on that armor and get something else.

Very good costume Neo

Ryma Mara
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
well i have neaver heard of affordable armor for janjo/boba other than that and it looks decent to me from what I have seen.

Ive seen worse off looking bits for more $$$

LAN-ED-TUL
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
listen to Do-Clo, if he says its junk, its junk.

987654321a
05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
i never said i wanted it to be affordable, i mean i can get the armor and work on it, then get the undersuit and other stuff later. i mean i wont even be done by c4 so why bother, im going to take my time with this. i was about to buy that, but sorry ryma i already saw that before you posted it, i was talking to maul about it, but then i decided not to buy it because it looked cheap, and it was missing the shin gaurds and the thigh gaurds.

supertrogdor
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
very well done, Neo, i am impressed, and again that is a fabulous job on the saber

LAN-ED-TUL
05-03-2007, 05:27 AM
well my hook makin process is comin right along. i made a set with regular cotter pins, the kind you stick thru a collet nut and bend the ends around the nut, or one end over top the shaft end.

i flattened them out, turned it over so the flat side was outward, and usin a flatbar of steel i had, formed it around that, and squeezed the other side together so they came back together in the middle.

thus making a rectangle shaped head cotter pin. they turned out pretty darn good. in fact almost exactly the shape of the rubies hooks.

i used a cotter pin size that had the width very darn close in size to the rubies hooks.

i also tried my hand at making the loops that bolt on. it worked, but wasnt happy bout the threads showing on the top, and i tried a dremel, but being that they were hardened steel studs, didnt grind off very well.

but i got the basic down, and next week im getting a tap and die set and a 3 /32 stainless round stock rod. remake the staple shapes again, but this time use the die to make threads on the ends to bolt them on with.

this will leave me with a much nicer lookin loop on top.

i will try for some pics of the pins i made soon if anyone wants to see how they turned out, or i can wait and remake the staple shape rods next week and take pics of both sets.

if the new rod loops turn out like i think they will those are what i will use, cuz they will be alot more stable, secure, and anchored much better than just the single hole for the pins method.

ti-el_terall
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Watch out for sith world. I sold my chest armour that had a HORRIBLE paint job, and my rubies shins. Hes now selling them on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money compared to what I sold them for! The armour is going for $80 when I sold it for $50. Not good at all.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
to follow up with TI on sith world. just from all the reports from others i have read about them and their stuff. i would stay away from them.

i have heard the stuff they have isnt good quality, and you can get ripped off easily if your not aware of it.

update on hooks:

well i tried a pice of stainless rod 1/8th and a die to thread the ends.

didnt turn out like i hoped. the stainless rod was way too hard to cut, and ended up chipping chunks of the die off. so a 6 buck die is junk now.

i done a lil experiment, i took a nail and tried to thread it, it worked, but of course the dies damaged, but it did cut it easily compared to the rod.

and i test bent it to see if it would work, of course it bent just fine, the rod when i bent it, cracked on me.

so im thinkin i will get another die, and a few nails like the one i tried, which was 1/8th diameter, and try again, with a good die. from the testing i did, i beleive this will be the ticket.

not knowing till the armor arrives how long to make the down sides that thread, i will just make them long, thread them, and just dremel off the excess at the install time.

i think the nail i will use, cuttin the threads on it will be strong enough to work just fine, and still give me the result i was shootin for with the rod.

either the nail, or i will try and get a regular steel rod.

Wolverine
05-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Not putting you down bro, but your making this way harder then it has to be. :cry:

If it's the "glassing in" of the straight pin your trying to avoid, just remember that Bondo would work just as good. :wink:

Also, you could merely duct tape it in place too, the idea of covering it in something, is so it doesn't scratch your mask....That's all, been there, done that, the straight pins work the best, believe me :wink:

I'm just tryin' to save you some work, and heartache :wink:

ALSO -I haven't forgot about you, I've been dealing with 3 bad sellers on Ebay, so I've been filing all the proper paperwork, and swimming (upstream) through the proper channels, trying to recover over three hundred bucks, so bear with me bud, and I'll get your chain shipped out to you. :wink:

Do-Clo
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Lan if you are looking for something that will hold strong like fiberglass but easy to use get some fiberglass/bondo. It will mix like bondo but it has fiberglass mixed in with the bondo and when it sets up it is rock hard. I have used this on my Vader fiberglas mask to repair the neck line and to extend one side of the mask to make the ends even so that when the neck brace is installed it will be straight. Not that I spend much time these days working on costume stuff, too busy building sabers.

I have decided to focus on a Nihilus costume to join the 501st, they are pretty rare and the great part is the costume is cloth so it will be cooler here in the heat. It will take sometime to do the costume right but I am in no hurry. I have decided the add some armor to my Darth Technous costume, the details are classified but when I get everything together I will post some pictures. I need to find a set cheap set of Vader shin guards that I can rework to get the shape I want for the shin armor.

Wolverine sorry to hear about your ebay troubles, there are some real low lifes that rip people off.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
i know guys, but im getting fairly nice results so far. its not costing me much money either, so im ok in that regard. and im still waiting for armor anyways, so i have the time to kill.

i made a fairly nice pair of staple shaped loops from the nail. and used a 6/32 die to run threads on the ends.

i think i will try with a lil smaller diameter nail, cuz the ones i used this time were just a tad big around.

its not that hard to make them, and only takes me round 15 minutes to bend and thread one up.

i also did do up a pair of the cotter pin loops, that look very similar to the rubies design.

i will post pics later of how they look, after i make one more set of the nail loops threaded for bolt on loops.

reason i wanna make another set, is the diameter of the nail on the untouched part that makes the loop on top, just looks a lil too fat to me. and im strippin off alot of metal with the die till it starts cuttin threads anyways.

so i will try a lil smaller diametet nail.

if they turn out the way i want, theyll look like they were factory made almost.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-12-2007, 10:02 PM
well, i made up a set from the original stainless rod i got. i tried it again and went slower with the threadin process. and they turned out pretty nice. i shot a coat of black paiint on them also.

im gonna use a piece of sheet aluminum i have that i made a spare saber hook from, and cut a small piece to use on underside to aid in the reinforcement of the hooks when tightened up.

also heres the pic randi sent me of my armor, its not the best pic he took, but oh well.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/DSC05119.jpg

the bells will have to be mo8nted by me as theres no hardware for them. i figure velcro or if i can find the right hinge so they work right i will try that.

if i do a hinge thing i will give the bondo fg thing a go. thanks for that tip do-clo.

that might be my ticket if i have to go the way. or even use it to secure a couple nuts on the armor and bells, and use bolts and a strip of leather to attach them.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
well armor should be here today. its in tulsa on the truck. also i remembered a ways back when i did a swamp boat model, i used a fg stuff on it and it worked really well. i think the resin stuff was the same, but the fg mat was lighter.

so i looked at hobbytown online as we have one in tulsa, they got several weights of fg cloth. so i might just go with the fg routine afterall. i might have to lay on 2 layers of the cloth stuff, and the resin. but i remember i could work with that easily. its the heavier weight mat that gives me fits.

Wolverine
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
LAN,
I'll shoot ya a PM later when I get home from work, I'll get your chain ready to ship off to ya Bro. 8)

The mess with PayPal & Ebay is finally over, 3 bogus auctions, and some $320.00 later, the good news is, PayPal came through like gangbusters, and I recovered all of the money I lost to these scammers :D

Some unrelated advice for buyers on Ebay, if your looking at iPods, pay attention to the seller's feedback, and tenure on Ebay. :wink:

Some simple things over looked can screw ya. :wink:

A public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Wolverine :lol: :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
armors here, but im disappointed in it.

it has a scratch in the grey paint in front, and the areas that are grey are all lumpy cuz porty didnt do a good job of smoothin it out. it looks slightly warped, the backs flare outward unlike how the rubies goes straight back and over. theyre a lil short IMO as well.

i think i can make it work, but for 290 i expected a lot better. and after the nice things i said bout randy, i let him know i wasnt happy bout the results. if by some slim chance he would take it back, and give me my money back, i would do it in a heartbeat, and just wait for a nicer armor later on.

anyway, it'll be a few days before i can do any work to it till monday as im broke right now till friday. and im workin this weekend.

Update:
randy emailed me back and asked if i wanted a refund, so i asked if he couldnt have another aet painted, and we swap them out. waitin for reply.

i have a feeling it may of just been a fluke and was just overlooked on the lumpy stuff areas. and he said the scratch might of been in shipping.

Wolverine
05-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Not to bad mouth the armor...BUT

I've looked at the ROTS armor Randy's sold on Ebay, and wasn't really impressed with it. :cry:

The problem I have with it is marked in red :cry:
It's just sloppy, the lines are curvy :evil: Probably warped when pulled from the mold :cry:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/RandysROTSarmor02.jpg

This picture here is the best "fan-made" ROTS armor I have seen period.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ROTS01b.jpg

So I got the closest thing, BUT I'm still fixing it to match. and it's going ok. :wink: Here's the progress on that.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Armorwithfinishedbells02.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Armorwithfinishedbells03.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/Armorwithfinishedbells04.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/NewestROTSArmor.jpg

Here's a close-up of the straight pins modified as cape hooks. :wink:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/ExteriorCapeHooks.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/New%20Armor/InteriorCapeHooks.jpg

Finding the right armor, that looks halfway accurate, AND fits you, is becoming quite a feat nowadays. :cry:

Do-Clo
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Lan that sounds a lot like the armor I got from smallblock only the face of it was smooth but the back parts were too short and flared out instead of curving over the shoulder. The fact that it didn't fit my chest size made it easy to paint it and sell it. :wink: The quest for armor seems to be a great one indeed.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-16-2007, 02:15 PM
well, randy's gonna do what i asked. im sending that set back, and he's gettin a new one painted up and sending me.

i will mail it back monday. it took 5 days to get here, so he might get it by following monday.

then another week for paint, and a couple days to pack and five days to get here again.
so im probably lookin at mid june before i get the new one, and then the work to set it up.

do-clo, what throws the look off on that pic with the red circles, is the areas in grey are really badly lumpy. makes it look warped real bad in front.

i agree, it appears porty yanked them out to quick or something. the backs do flare outward quite a bit too much, and one side a bit more than the other. i can tell it when i slipped it on and looked in the mirror.

i told randy to look it over real good, and prep the armor before it gets painted . it also had some pits in places too.

if the new one ends up being lumpy lookin too, i may just have to sand it all down and refinish the surface nice and smooth myself, and repaint it.

apparently they used the duplicolor paints on it. i think the same as used before. the colors look ok to me, its just that lumpy areas makes it look screwy lookin.

so the waitin game again, and hopefully i will have time to get it ready before sept.

edit: i also emailed porty to disclose to him the condition of this armor, and told him i was displeased and what randy and i were doing on it.

i said, it was his(porty) responsibilty to ensure the armor was prepped and surfaced smooth, not randy.

i told randy what i did, and he agreed, it was porty responsibilty to do that.
so they might just exchange a few words with each other over this.

i mentioned, cuz randy said he wasnt very good with bondo and sanding, to have the place he sends it to to be painted do the pit filling and smoothing out with bondo or whatever, before they paint it, and he said that might be a good idea.

i bet the whole load of armor he got are all spread warped out going back over shoulders. heck, the bells dont even match in size and shape.

cuz of the outward flareing, they fit slightly angled instead of squared up like supposed to be.

i tell ya, if i had a clue they were gonna be like that, i would of jumped on a couple earlier older sets i seen come up.

oh, and i have to gloss it myself, cuz randy says that would take a extra week for that to cure, and sometimes it arrives messed up anyways.

thats not a biggie, as if they used the DP paints, i can just shoot the DP clearcoat on it and let it sit for a few days. of course the paint was a tiny bit rough, so a lil 2000 grit wetsanding will have to be done before clearin the armor set.

another thing goin with the lumpiness i said above and your mention of the wavy look, is, the painter didnt follow the edge lines of the black strips real well in a few places, so part that was supposed to be black got grey instead, which also makes it look wonky too.

if the 2nd set at least turns out better lookin on the front, even tho the shoulder and backs are still spread a bit wide, i thinik i can still use it ok.

it does appear as tho, once its aligned in right position on me, i will have enoufgh room for the extension of the neck in front under armor. so that is a good point.

its definately lower in front than the rubies is, so i have to have it before i set the cuts for straps in suit. i just hope i have time to get it set up. theres still a ton of lil things i will have to do before the cons, to get it ready to go.

if not, then im stuck wearing the rubies suit instead.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-21-2007, 05:57 AM
randy emailed me and said he found a set that was smooth, and already sent it out to paint. wifes gonna drop off this armor in a few hours this morning at fedex. if this new set turns out lookin nice, i wont have too much delay, just a couple weeks.

gotta clearcoat it after it gets here first.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-02-2007, 12:26 AM
well, randy got the armor back from me, and after noting the wrong things with it, he discovered every single set he has, are ALL screwed up too.

so he said in 2 to 3 weeks another load will arrive, but he wanted to send my money back now, i told him, wait till new load comes in, and check them out, if theyre in better shape, then im good, if not, then he could send my money back to me then.

so, if lets say, theyre good, i got 2 maybe 3 weeks till they arrive there, a couple days for him to lookem over, if good, then a week for paint, then a week to ship.

i will really be pushing it hard, to set it up in time. i think i will have to go ahead and set the box on the suit, with the rubies, armor, and use it instead, cuz, unless i make major fast progress, i might not have time.

oh, and not to forget, after i did get it, another week before i can start, cuz it has to be clearcoated, and sit for almost a week to cure good.

my only concern is just in the box position in relation to the rubies, and new fg armors.

the fg armor, is a lil longer in front, than the rubies, and i would be guessin on cuttin the slots in the suit, for the straps with the rubies.

unless i wait, and see if armor shows up, then quickly get my positioning for that armor to box position, shoot the clear, and sett he suit up.

man, i wished the first one had been worth a crap.

Do-Clo
06-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Lan you can set the painted armor in the sun to improve the time required for it to fully harden. I have done that many times with painted armor, I have a small toaster oven that I use for small metal parts, I set the temp to 105 degrees and let it cure for a couple of hours

LAN-ED-TUL
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
duh. i had forgotten i had done that with the previous paint jobs on the vader parts. thanks for the reminder do-clo.

randy emailed me back and said he got word from porty. porty said, he would make sure the next sets to randy were 100%.

i bet more like 90 really. but at least 90% will be a vast improvement over the first one i got.

oh, and some good news. the wife and i took tonight off work, cuz today at 2 pm my son got married, and we went to the wedding.

Do-Clo
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
90% with porty is about as good as it gets :wink:

Congrads to your son, and you and the wife get a night off and free food sounds like a winner to me.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
thanks buddy. didnt get any free cake tho. by the time the pic trakin session was done the weddin reception party in the other room wiped it out.

but we did go get us some subway sandwiches, and watch the pirates new movie. in a few im gonna throw the night at museum in the pooter, and we're gonna watch that.

Wolverine
06-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Congrats Bro! :D 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
thanks brother.

if anyone hasnt seen the POTC movie yet the pirates of the carribbean,

you should do so. its not bad. i was a lil dissapointed in the fact will takes the place of davy jones.

and stay all the way to end after credits, theres a small clip that they do 10 years after the end of the movie.

i wont spoil it, so youll have to stay an see it yourself/

robt666
06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks brother.

if anyone hasnt seen the POTC movie yet the pirates of the carribbean,

you should do so. its not bad. i was a lil dissapointed in the fact will takes the place of davy jones.

and stay all the way to end after credits, theres a small clip that they do 10 years after the end of the movie.

i wont spoil it, so youll have to stay an see it yourself/

:? You said you will not spoil it.. :? yet you just said Will took the place of Jones :? :? Thats kinda a big spoiler there as well

LAN-ED-TUL
06-03-2007, 10:18 PM
i said i wouldnt spoil the lil clip after the credits. not anything else.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-04-2007, 06:34 AM
SA got back and said he will have the gloves in 10 days. thought ya'll would like to know.

also randy emailed me and said porty is shipping him a already painted set just for me to him. so if its in good shape, i might have my armor anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks. he sadi he expects it there in 2 to 3 weeks like i said earlier.

tazrob
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
WOW the brotherhood does not post as much anymore, lol

Thought you guys would get a kick out of vader and the bible (incase you don't hit the misc forums anymore

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/tazrob/middletown%20postage%20stamp%20release/frankbible.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
06-10-2007, 02:41 AM
yeah, it goes in short bursts anymore in here. i seem to be the only poster, for a bit, then, bamm, the other guys post up, then it quiets down.

the guys get busy doin their jobs, and lil tasks, and stuff, like me, and my job, and tryin to do 3 or more tasks at the same time round home.

like, last night, we remade the sash for the wifes jedi outfit, only thing left is the pants to buy, and dye them, and shes ready. im still waiting for the 2nd armor from Randy, and hes waitin for Porty to send it to him, painted this time according to what porty told Randy.

then i have to hurry and get it ready for septmeber. i reserved my hotel room, which is where the con will be, so thats cool. get dressed upstairs, ride the lift down, and walk into the con. it will make it SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier.

Wolverine
06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Man, That MR Lid is noticably different...Very Sweet! :P (Drool) :wink:

Looks like the same armor I have, and currently working on. 8)

I may yet look seriously into getting an MR lid, wish they were cheaper :cry: :?

LAN-ED-TUL
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
i 2nd that wolverine.

still seein them around 799 to 900 thereabouts on ebay.

Wolverine
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Geez, :? :shock: :? :evil:

For $900, you should just buy it from MR. :roll: :?

LAN-ED-TUL
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
i know. someone said theyve seenem 500 to 600. but i havent seen them for that.

and whats worse, with the MR license drop thing at the end of this year.

the only ways to really gettem then wil be ebay, or a few vendor sites that have some in stock still.

i can only guess, that the prices might go up even higher then once Corgi takes over, for all MR made SW stuff

tazrob
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
i can only guess, that the prices might go up even higher then once Corgi takes over, for all MR made SW stuff

I thought MR and Corgi where the same company

LAN-ED-TUL
06-13-2007, 11:29 PM
whered you hear that?

nope. MR lost the license which takes effect at the end of this year. and Corgi takes it up. 2 completely diff companies.

Corgi is the one who makes those lil cheapo toy cars for kids. and some other stuff.

so i can imagine the crap quality of their SW products when they pick up the contract.

Hasid Lafre
06-14-2007, 01:28 AM
I dont know. this may be there time to shine so who knows they may be abel to produce something high quality.

Its like hotwheels. thre like the top of the line toy car makers. now look at matchbox. slightly less quality.

Maybe its some kinda grandoice skeem to keep the other toy car makers out there to make theres less quality or some jazz like that.

Or maybe its somethng else.

http://www.corgi.co.uk/

Jay-gon Jinn
06-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Actually Master Replicas merged with Corgi last fall. Corgi has opted not to renew the Star Wars license, as well:
http://masterreplicas.com/customer/community/news/detail.php?id=34

Wolverine
06-14-2007, 08:38 AM
...Its like hotwheels. thre like the top of the line toy car makers. now look at matchbox. slightly less quality...

Hotwheels, Matchbox, and Tyco, are all the same company = Mattel :? :wink:

Hotwheels, and Matchbox are just names of each toy "Line", so comparing them is apples, and oranges. :wink:

LAN-ED-TUL
06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
well since Corgi dropped out, i wonder who'll take it up now?

Jay-gon Jinn
06-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Nobody knows..... :(

Lord Maul
06-16-2007, 09:51 AM
lucas is currently "looking for a replacement"

Hasid Lafre
06-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Well I was just using them as an example :P