PDA

View Full Version : Iv never heard of this happaning to aboard before.

ti-el_terall
06-15-2007, 08:51 PM
I somehow fryed the top part of the board so that it still has sound but no power goes to the LED. Would I be fine wrining the LED directly to the bat. pack if I use a resistor?

Hasid Lafre
06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Wasent someone doing the same thing with there custome quigonn hit?

Novastar
06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
ti-el... are you CERTAIN of this? Are the leads physically showing "burn" marks? Also, are you certain that your solders are not touching + to - ? It's easy to do if you're not careful. Additionally, your solders may be wrong, or the current value could be wrong, OR your battery setup may not be enough to give the correct current... OR the current setting is incorrect as well.

Finally--are you CERTAIN your LED works? To do this, you might try doing a direct connection to power for the LED (briefly).

Hasid Lafre
06-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Thats true, wasent someone having issues like this before cause they dident have enought voltage to the board?

Like you would need what 4.something to power a k2 on a board?

ti-el_terall
06-16-2007, 09:42 AM
ti-el... are you CERTAIN of this? Are the leads physically showing "burn" marks? Also, are you certain that your solders are not touching + to - ? It's easy to do if you're not careful. Additionally, your solders may be wrong, or the current value could be wrong, OR your battery setup may not be enough to give the correct current... OR the current setting is incorrect as well.

Finally--are you CERTAIN your LED works? To do this, you might try doing a direct connection to power for the LED (briefly).

Im positive it works, I have it rigged up so that the LED and board are both powered by the batt pack. Where there is the line of black round things under the connector plug it black and the connector itself was brown. I even tried using naouther connector but it still idnt work.

Jedi-Loreen
06-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I wonder if you shorted something out. If there are brown spots under the connector, then you may have burned all the pads where the wires are soldered to the board. That board my now be dead, as far as powering the LED goes.