PDA

View Full Version : I Know This Sounds Like a Noobish Question But.....

Cin Drollic
06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Im Sry But I Am Lost And Need Some Help Im Currently Trying To Figure Out These Ultra Boards,Plecer Boards ect. And At Plecterlabs.com It Says That To Get The Sounds On You Have To Use An USB SD Card Reader To Get The Sounds On The Boards But It Says Nothing About That On Any Other Boards.
So How Do I Get Sounds On To The Board Im Looking At Heres The Link To It http://www.graflexshop.com/luxeon.htm
So Plz Can Some1 Help Me Thanks

Novastar
06-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Cin... I told you before privately that the board link you listed there is Corbin's board, and it is also sold HERE at thecustomsabershop.

As to the SD card, Erv's board is the only programmable board of the bunch thus far. The SD card holds the sound files and configuration file.

You need an SD card reader in order to look at the files on your computer and to add, delete, edit files.

I do not recommend Erv's card if you are a complete beginner. Especially on programming the sounds.

Cin Drollic
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Yes Nova You Did But It Has Been Out Of Stock For A Very Long Time So I Went Looking For More Boards......And This Is The Only Affordable 1 I Could Find. So I Guestt The Reale Question Is Are The Sounds Already In The Board [not the plecter board] ?

xwingband
06-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Corbin's board has nothing to do with sound. It only powers the LED.

for sound you're current options are:
Plecterlabs- $130 or so depending on the Euro
Ultraboard- $80 from TCSS
MR boards- around $40 when you can find them
Hasbro- $20 from any store out there

The only one you need to do anything extra for the sounds is Erv's. His allows you to make your own sounds unlike the others where you are locked into the set they come with.

Cin Drollic
06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok I Think Im Getting Some OF This But Where Can i Get a MR Board For 40$? And Is There A Picture Of The Ultra Board Beacause I Cant Find 1....
And a Wiring Scematic [sry If i Spell It Wrong]?

Lord Maul
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
try other saber building forums like fx sabers.com for the MR board.
ultra's board doesn't have any pictures yet :wink:
there are no wiring schematics for the ultraboard, but browse around here for one that is for a MR board

and could you stop capitalizing each word of the sentence?