PDA

View Full Version : Corbins driver and mr sound.

Hasid Lafre
06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok Iam wondering why I need a clash sensor when using the driver with a sound board?

Why cant I just use a switch instead. Cause I am having problems findind another clash sensor.

Spending 20$ on a hasbro just for a C/S is just rediculeious IMO.

Lord Maul
06-14-2007, 05:02 PM
you could use a momentary switch with no problem at all if you wanted.

pushing the button would simulate the spring hitting the housing on the MR sensor

Hasid Lafre
06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
The wiring diagram I have says I need 2 clash sensors.

I thought that sence if I have a clash sensor on the mr board already I could take a mom button and solder it to the c/l on the driver that I would fry the mr board?

But if I use a switch instead for the driver would the clash sound still work?

And if I did the lockup would the sound still be the constant clash sound that I would expect?

Hasid Lafre
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Ok I was just thinking what if I just wire the shock sensor togeather on both boards?

Novastar
06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Hasid... don't do that...

I can't be 100% sure (maybe Corbin will confirm), but I believe the way Corbin's setup for shock sensing and MRs... is the opposite.

To put is simply, Corbin's is looking for 'X' and the MR is looking for the opposite of X to signal to the board that a clash has occurred.

It would actually not be hard to find a spring sensor... look up "Yusan vibration sensor" either on the net or digikey

vortextwist
06-14-2007, 05:54 PM
what does erv use?

Novastar
06-14-2007, 06:02 PM
For shock detection?

Well, it's all come a LONG way from something as simple as a "digital" shock sensor. A spring contact is either on or off.

Accelerometers are pretty much what "capture" motion these days in nearly any product that needs to do this. These are what Erv, Alex and Jim (Hyperdyne) use as far as I know.

The accelerometer is an "analog" device, so it captures a large range of motion "types"... fast... slow... and all the shades of "grey" in between.

Hasid Lafre
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
I looked at digikey but they dont have pics so I cant buy something without looking at it.

I guess I dont understand somethings about the drivers lock up effect tells the mr board that iam doing a lock up for the sound.

Oh well I guess Iam gonna see if someone has a dead mr board that I can get there clash sensor from.

Cause the hasbro sensors are huge and as is I need all the space I can get.

So does anyone got a spare mr clash sensor that works I can get?

Novastar
06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Hasid, the MR sensors are not all the same. :(

As to how the boards work, basically Corbin's board detects a clash on its own... and the MR detects a clash on its own as well.

Tying them TOGETHER (to use only one sensor, the MR one) would indeed be cool, but you'd have to ask Corbin about it first.

I do know that he said if you run his board in conjunction with an MR... and you DO NOT put a clash sensor on the Corb... you will sizzle it.

I THINK. Ask Corbin directly to be sure.

Darth Morbius
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
MR uses to different types of switches for motion and clash.

Motion sensor: Part Number SW-2000 (universal part number, not just YUSAN),

Type: Ball bearing tilt switch. There are 2 of these switches in each MR FX, one for vertical motion, and one for horizontal. This switch consists of a cylinder with a lead on each end that is attached to a metal cup inside the cylinder. There is a neutral point in the middle, and when the switch tilts the ball inside rolls to contact one of the cups, thus completing a circuit.

Clash sensor: Part Number SW-18020P (Universal part number, not just YUSAN)

Type: Spring and cyinder Vibration switch. (See novastar's description above)

Hasid Lafre
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Saber has been finished for a while now. this topic is pritty dead.

Only problem is both the clash and mr clash dont trigger togeather.

Makes me want to wire one on both boards but cant do that.