PDA

View Full Version : Building My First Saber

AndritVoor
06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Hello,
I've been following this board for a while, and have finally started to begin the task of building my first led lightsaber.
I ordered a vacuum cleaner wand from ebay that is 1.25" OD, so that I can get a curved hilt. I will attach the 1.25" blade holder to this. Assuming that Ultra's soundboard fits, I will use that as well.

Here is the layout of it:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/AndritVoor/479px-HarleyqLG.jpg

I have one question. I've been looking at the different battery options, and what would people recommend to fit in the 1.25" tube, powering the LED and the sound (if the soundboard fits)?

Thank you

Novastar
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Andrit... great idea on the curved vac tube... love your Nicholson Joker sig too, heheheh... :twisted:

Let's see:

1. Ultra's board should fit in there nicely... I believe Lord Maul told me it was 2" by 1"... and the height is naturally going to be negligible.

2. Batteries... well, you have any number of ways to do this, including a AAA setup (probably 6 of 'em or more), a AA setup... not sure how those would fit... but you could also go with a 3.6v Li-Ion cell (an 18650 type) if you liked. However, you'd then want the option of a recharge port. Still not hard to do.

With a hilt that is 12" or so long--you should have plenty of room to do what you like...

Keep us posted... and refer to the tutorials for some of the wiring basics!

Hasid Lafre
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
I got to looking at the battery holder pics and the 4 AA will not fit but the 6AA will fit in the mhs.

odd I think.

The 4.8V rechargable pack will fit in a 1.25 sinktube.

good luck

Barmic Rin
06-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Be careful when fitting your blade adaptor in this type of tube.
I'm doing one at the mo, & will have to ever so slightly suage the lip open to get the holder in.

AndritVoor
06-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the help. One more question. When I'm using the dremel on the vacuum tube, do you think that the heavy duty cut-off wheels should be sufficient?
Thanks

vortextwist
06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
should be, I used them to split one of my vader fx's down the middle to get the holder out.