PDA

View Full Version : Vader Armor?

Darth_Constantine
06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
2 questions here.

1. does anyone know if it's possible to get just the upper armor plates from darth vader's suit?

2. is it possible to get both right and left hand anakin rots gauntlets?

My costume i'm building is a black sweatshirt i cut the sleeves off of and then cut down the sides of the sleeves then i cut sections from the front in the center and same on teh back. and all i have to do is cross the two sections which look like the black anakin aotc thingies he wears on the outside when uncrossed. and then I still need to get boots, and a very dark brown long sleeve shirt and cape. (i'll hopefully have a pic up here soon) I still haven't decided on what pants i'm going to do either tan or black, but I have to remember that I'm not of the dark side. (If I comment on the dark side here, most likely it's a joke.. just like my screen name, which i'm considering changing)

Lord Maul
06-07-2007, 04:54 PM
maybe you should look into the two hundred page thread all about darth vader costumes :wink:

Jedi-Loreen
06-07-2007, 05:30 PM
It almost sounds like you're trying to do some sort of Clone Wars Anakin sort of like these:

http://a37.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/l_6db4eb033cea3dbaccb261735cdc9e4c.jpg

And by the way, Anakin doesn't wear any black in either AOTC or ROTS, he's all in browns. What you refer to as "black anakin aotc thingies" are probably his tabards.

Jacen_Aurion
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
you're right, tabards is the word i'm looking for. my costume will look similar to those on the bottom possibly. but as of right now what i'm probably going to do is do a dark brown long-sleeve shirt and then imagine anakin's tabards bein like this "X" instead of like this "||". and then most likely i'm goiing to have black gloves that go up to the elbow. and then i'm going to do black pants and black boots. I may do a brown cloak, but i'm really going for more a look like Ulic Qel-Droma as seen here.

http://www.databanka-darthdaron.borec.cz/obrazky/ulic.jpg

Just so there's no confusion I am Darth_Constantine.