PDA

View Full Version : my day with the padawans

DaJoQuim
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
8) HI EVERYONE!!
Well I had a great day today!!I spent some time with my padawans and I had a lot of fun!!It was costume day there so the children were dressed up also!!When my wife asked me to come out and the children said hello master ben kenobi.Wow man the children loved the lightsabers and were very cool indeed!! I'm going to share some pics here and I hope that you enjoy them!! :)
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0947.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0957.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0962.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0964.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0946.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0966.jpg

987654321a
06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
looks like you had lots of fun man. i wanna do something like this. The other day i saw a video about the 501st and how helpful they were tears definately came to my eye because there was one part where they visited the childrens hospital and one of the kids said "im coloring with darth vader" that made me feel really good that they are helpful like that especially to children that have no hope left for living. it made me wanna join the 501st and do that.

vortextwist
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Very cool man!!

DaJoQuim
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
8) Thanks guys for the kind words and I'm thinking of doing that as well this year by visiting the childrens hospital in st.petersburg and bringing a little happness to those children!! :wink:

Novastar
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
One word.

AWESOME!!!!

Ok, more words... great job DaJo!!! I should really do something like this with some of the BOP team...

...now THAT would be a Force to be reckoned with!!

:) Great job...

Tell us more about what you taught them, all that jazz!

DaJoQuim
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
8) I took my lightsabers incl my hasbro and my homemade one and the ultrasaber and explain the differance between the sabers and how they compare.Then I had a question and answer time with them!!They want to build their own someday and to me that gives starwars a brite future when we are no longer here.In other words pass our knowledge to the ones who will take over.Great stuff lol :lol: :D

Do-Clo
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
8) Thanks guys for the kind words and I'm thinking of doing that as well this year by visiting the childrens hospital in st.petersburg and bringing a little happness to those children!! :wink:

If I can get my costume finished in time count me in, those kids need to see the true power of the the darkside.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Interacting with kids while in costume is a blast! Way to go and keep it up Da-jo!

chase
06-07-2007, 05:22 AM
ive always wanted to do something like that. i guess my day will come, but for now ill just have to deal with doing it for halloween.

DACOTA
06-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah it looks like fun and as a plus you kinda can show off moves,somtimes.But its fun just to share the knowlegde.

DaJoQuim
06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
8) Thanks for the kind word guys and do-clo this will be in october so maybe we can go together my friend!! :D

Darth_Constantine
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
thanks for leading by example da-jo. This kind of thing is great to do, I haven't done it myself but i'm going to definitely look into it if i can locate a children's hospital in my area.

DaJoQuim
06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
:( sharing one's time with those who have none is the greatest feeling in the world.My heart goes out to those children. :(

tazrob
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
The other day i saw a video about the 501st and how helpful they were tears definately came to my eye because there was one part where they visited the childrens hospital and one of the kids said "im coloring with darth vader" that made me feel really good that they are helpful like that especially to children that have no hope left for living. it made me wanna join the 501st and do that.

That must be from Heart of an Empire its a documentary film. My favorite troops are to hospitals, My garrison does at least 8 per year in addition to the special olympics, autism walks and such.

Marsupial
06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
you're lucky.

Our local hospitals refuse to have people in SW armors, saying they have a clown troop to cheer the kids.

IMHO there's more kids scared of clown troopers then of clonetroopers. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/tazrob/smileys/starwars/6377.gif

Novastar
06-07-2007, 01:29 PM
At least your 501st chapter WOULD do stuff...

The 501st folks I've met in my area were not only arrogant, but pretentious and presumptuous as well.

One "main" dude in charge even accused me of doing Balance of Power for profit. I took that VERY personally, as I'll have everyone know that I spent SIX-THOUSAND dollars to get the first one to happen--all out of my own pocket, and all to benefit the community and children. I have never seen a bloody dime, and whoever said that making profit was my main goal with BOP? If it was, well--WRONG BUSINESS! hahahah try stockbroker... ;)

The worst part was... this was after the BOP I team made a special trip way out to the middle of nowhere to PERFORM *FOR* this 501st party. Also, I was initially hoping to team up with them and set up performances at different children's hospitals and all that jazz. You know--UTILIZE the tools that are already out there.

Made me sick later on the way he brushed me off like some dust on his imperial costume.

It just goes to show--there are bad apples in every bunch... but it completely "blocked" any possibilities of my productions *really* serving the greater good. I simply cannot do it alone, and I guess I expected more from so-called 501st leaders in the chapter.

But DaJo... great stuff again... and keep us posted about more events.

In fact... maybe we should:

1. Open a new thread.
2. Make the thread about community "reach-out" programs.
3. Start to build a sort of "game plan" for people who want to go out and represent LED sabers, and sort of demo these things to places.
4. People post their experiences, and hopefully bring along TCSS parts, diffuser films that have been made (Gelu, Corb, Erv, Ultra, etc.)
5. Maybe a website???

Maybe I'm getting a bit ambitious though... :)

DaJoQuim
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
8) I don't know which dumb xxx said that stormtroopers scare kids;the kids at the daycare that I went to would have loved that!!Do should have seen their eyes when they saw me in my costume!!They kids were saying oh my we have obi-wan here is this the coolest or what!!My wife told me when she got home from the daycare that the children wanted me to come back and see them sometime;so' I would think that the little children at that place would have loved to see the stormtroopers for sure!! 8)

987654321a
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
i want to visit a childrens hospital in my vader outfit. *stares at blank space in closet where the costume will be in* lol. in the future i will do this. I mean it would be a nice, and i mean nice! thing to do for kids that have basically been told that they have a couple months, weeks, or days left to live. you know get their hopes up and be happy the whole time. have.

Darth_Constantine
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
as soon as I get the chance i would love to do this in MD. the second I'm done with Grey Side Conflict Episode I (which is no longer going to be a spoof but 100% serious stuff) i really hope I could do something like this.

lifesaber
06-08-2007, 03:00 AM
hey guys thats great!!!!!!!!!! what we should do is set up a saber (parts donation form) for people who go to childrens hospitals so they can have somekind of drawing for a free saber for the kids. i would be more than happy to donation some parts for that. what do you guys think?

Jacen_Aurion
06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested.

GFORCE13
06-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Awesome Idea count me in, just let me know what is needed.