PDA

View Full Version : How do you REPLACE the speaker in a MR DARTH MAUL?

Darkenism
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I think either the speaker is Blown or the soundboard shorted out in my MR Darth Maul single blade. Can anyone tell me or better yet show me with pics how to take apart the battery case/speaker module so that i can try to replace the speaker. Whats a good speaker to use? should i go somewhere local...or will the speaker sold in the shop here fit the maul?

Thanks for all help offered.

Lord Maul
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
first off...welcome to the forums.
could you resize your sig please? it's pretty big.

to your question...the speakers from the shop probably would work, but i'm not sure. these speakers (http://cgi.ebay.com/4-PIECE-LOT-SMALL-28mm-1-1-8-MYLAR-SPEAKERS-WITH-LEADS_W0QQitemZ230082497658QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5816 2QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem) work well for the AA models, but on the maul battery pack they might not.

to disassemble the battery packs, go here (http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466)
you'll need to pm ambo for details, but it'll be a while before he can respond

Novastar
06-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi darkenism... I like the photo--that looks cool!

Did you try metering the speaker with a multimeter to see if it reads around 8 ohms? If so, it should be working, and maybe it is a board issue or wiring problem.

If not... then you are probably right--maybe the speaker is blown.

I was recently helping Tim (head of TCSS) out to get some new high-powered speakers... so hopefully they'll have some soon!

vortextwist
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
it would be easier to just get another batt pack. Did you try to push in on the pack to see if the connections are loose?

Novastar
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
That's a good point, Vortex... but how and where?

Often, I've wanted a few extras so I could hot swap them... but always figured I'd need to buy an entire new or used FX saber, heheh!

Metering the speaker is still a good idea to confirm if it is blown. You can do so through the metal "holes" in the batt pack that line up with the pins inside the saber.

vortextwist
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't say they would be easy to find but, check around on fx sabers and force fx forums and see what people have. checkin the speaker is still a good idea. heck maybe tim or JJ could find one

Darkenism
06-06-2007, 11:24 PM
thanks for the help...ill try out all those ideas

Marsupial
06-07-2007, 07:11 AM
hi Darkenism.
not wanting to be rude, but while your picture is great, its 300 pixels too tall for a signature...

Jay-gon Jinn
06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with it, and I have to agree, that pic is too big to be in every post you make, even though it is pretty cool.

Darkenism
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
ok i resized it... i think this should be right