PDA

View Full Version : Luke ROTJ belt clip?

CaelestisMiles
06-03-2007, 10:07 PM
how do you hook a luke skywalker ROTJ hilt onto your belt? What does the clip actually clip to?

LAN-ED-TUL
06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
sith armor on ebay sells a metal belt hook.

Jedi-Loreen
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Luke's saber hooks were attached right to his various belts with rivets or screw posts. I aquired one of these hooks from Saberbelt, when he was going out of business.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-05-2007, 08:53 AM
on my jedi belt i used a 100# picture hanger thats rivoted on the belt. works perfectly.

Barmic Rin
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
I miss saberbelt... :cry:
His work was fantastic. Trying to find a good belt now is nye-on impossible in the UK.
My smokespoon belt just does nothing for me! I wanted quality workmanship that Smoke just can't provide in pleather!

MPMcostumes.com do some nice ones, but they're too plain & £49 ($95) seems abit excessive for a basic belt. I guess i'll have to get one commisioned somewhere & let my credit card take a hit!

Jedi-Loreen
06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Why not make your own belt? It's not that hard, many people do. You don't even need many tools to do it.

I only make belts for local people, that I can hand deliver, because I hate having to ship things.

I was never all that impressed by Saberbelts pouches, but they were simple, with the corners just riveted, so that they were easy to mass produce. Stitching seams on pouches is a pain.

Corin Shadowblayde
06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
i do belts, too, but not that often. they really are pretty easy to do. especially the original trilogy style. you can put one of those together in about 10 minutes.

Barmic Rin
06-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Well, long story short:
Ex-flatmate screwed me over alot of money, I got left with bills & destroyed credit rating, trying to take him to court to reclaim money etc.etc. aswell as working like 50hr weeks.
Currently living with Gran till I can get my own place again (should be 2mths away) but don't have time/ resources to make a new one before CE.

I'd love to make my own & maybe start churning them out for others, but gotta wait till money situation improves.

Corin Shadowblayde
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM
sorry bout your situation dude, but chances are you can still get one done yourself faster and cheaper. How long do you have till CE?

Barmic Rin
06-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Cheers dude, it sucks & i'm sure i'm not the only person on here that has benn through this kinda situation. Chatting to guys on here really has helped get me through.
Just over a month till CE. I may have found a place that'll do it for me, so that's cool.

vorian89
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I just made a hook out of some sheet metal and riveted it to a belt.

Master Jedi Owen
10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I removed my d ring and installed a covertec knob on mine. used a dremel with a nice bit and turned out pretty nice.