PDA

View Full Version : New Jedi Padawan saying hello! :)

BladeFanChuck
06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

I met Erik today from the RPF and he suggested that I join up and learn from everyone here. So, thanks to Erik for recommending this place and thanks for letting me join up.

About me, I am a Youth Minister and grad student in Arkansas and am married with children. I basically have two hobbies: The Blade Trilogy by David Goyer starring Wesley Snipes, and Star Wars. LOL

This whole thing started with me collecting screen used movie props from the Blade Trilogy. I looked into buying a screen used Star Wars lightsaber and the only one out there was 200,000$! haha So, I watched the DVD extras and found out that the Return of the Jedi Green Luke Lightsaber was machined from Aluminum originally.

So, like anyone, I researched like crazy and decided that I was going to buy a Metal Lathe and make my own! If Lucas Film can do it, so can I! haha Really though, I am not selling anything, just making some for me, my wife, and my Youth Group for fun. And probably a LOT for me.

I haven't decided to purchase one particular brand or model just yet. I am not rich, Youth Ministers dont make much money at all. But I was hoping to get just the right machine to make really high quality replicas of my Return of the Jedi Luke Lightsaber. And then I plan on making a TON of customs for my costumes. (My wife and I are making our own Jedi costumes for several Costume parties coming up this winter... I am Obi Wan of course!!!!)

What I am going to do first is really read all the Forum I can and learn from other peoples posts and questions before I ask any questions. I have found that almost ever single question has been answered somewhere. LOL

Anyway, everyone please say hello! And tell me if you started with NO experience with Lathes and now you make INCREDIBLE ROTJ Luke lightsabers! haha Hopefully, others have done what I am doing.

Thanks and God Bless!!!!!! May the Force be with you...... Thanks again for having me here. This place is great!

--------Chuck

-------------------------------------------------------------------
:D

Strydur
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Chuck.. Sorry your post kept getting blocked. The censors didnt like it when you put 200,000 for some reason.

Madcow
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey Chuck,
I was a Youth Pastor for 10 years. I had no experience on a lathe until I found a lathe at a friends farm and started restoring it.
After a couple years I managed this...
http://www.freewebs.com/genesis_sabers/Luke%20rotj%20s.JPG

MC

SaberGirl
06-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Welcome :)

BladeFanChuck
06-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Tim, thanks for having me man. This place is better than any kids toy store. Its like a Toy store for adults, only cooler and WE are the cool kids! hahaha ;)

Hi there MC! Man, thanks so much for showing me what you made there. The Luke Skywalker Return of the Jedi Green lightsaber was always my favorite. That, and Obi Wan's Episode 1 and 2 Lightsaber. That was a beautiful one too. You did a SUPERB job my friend! Thanks for sharing.

I have really had a great time looking through all the photos on the Forum and seeing everyones replicas - and especially the Custom designed sabers. It is going to be a LOT of fun when I finally buy my metal Lathe and get started. :)

Thanks again guys! Great to be here! ------Chuckster

Darth_Constantine
06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
yup, movie used stuff can be really expensive, a friend of mine's dad has a huge star wars collection and has the lightsaber hilt used for Darth Vader from Episode V, I don't know what it's worth but it's definitely authentic because her dad got it from the guy who was in the vader suit for the movie. (actor's name slips my mind).

EDIT:
besides that welcome to TCSS.

Barmic Rin
06-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a friend that works for a costuming company.
They had the honour of keeping Alec Guiness' robe from ANH in storage until it went to auction for £50K back in april.

Also, my old boss had three parts of the outfit(s) worn by Brandon Lee in the Crow.
1x Jacket (from the burning-crow scene. Even smells of lighter fuel still)
1x trousers (from knife fight with TinTin)
1x l/s Tee (the first one he wears)

The thing is, it was bought for her by the Assistant Manager who fancied the pants off of her!! "It was either buy that for her, or get himself a new car" he said. Weirdo.

Constantine, his name was Dave Prowse.
Oh, and Welcome!

elrond.406
06-20-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_welcome.gif
:arrow: :D

GFORCE13
06-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the CSS. 8)