PDA

View Full Version : Im New And Need Some Help

Cin Drollic
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello All I Am New To This And Was Wondering About The Sound Board? What Kind Of Wires Do I Plug Into It? And I Was Wondering Will A Luxeon III
star-Green Go Along With A 4AA Battery Holder? And How Much Volts Is In The 4AA Battery Holder Thanks And Plz Reply

xwingband
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Which soundboard? We need to know more.

4AA is 6V. 1.5V x 4

Cin Drollic
06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
ok Im Sry For Not Putting More Discription in My Question Well First What The Diffrence Between A Latching 3w Driver And A Momentary Driver? And What Kind Of Battery Holder Will Give Me About 7-9 Volts? Thanks And Plz Reply

elrond.406
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Cin Drollic, Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter Of Each Word? :?

Cin Drollic
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Cause I Think It Makes The Sentence Look Better

Jay-gon Jinn
06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
It actually makes the sentence look wierd.
To answer, though, we still need to know what soundboard you have or are planning to get. The led driver board in the store is just a driver for the led. There's no sound with that by itself. The words latching and momentary refer to the activation buttons for the board. A momentary only makes contact while you hold it down and will activate the driver board with a single tap of the button. The latching switch does just that; it latches into the "on" position when pushed, and are sometimes called "click-on/click-off" buttons. Look in the store for battery packs and even electronics kits that will include everything you need to get a saber to light up.

Cin Drollic
06-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes But I Dont Just Want It To Light Up I Also Want It To Make Sounds Like
Hum,Clash,Swing And Things Like That So Witch Board Would You Suggjest?

Jay-gon Jinn
06-01-2007, 10:41 PM
There are about 4 basic choices: A Hasbro, a Master Replicas Force F/X, Ultrasabers' soundboard and Erv's Crystal Focus Saber Core (also referred to here as "Buttered Toast") boards. Do some reading in the saber sound topic for more details.

Lord Maul
06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes But I Dont Just Want It To Light Up I Also Want It To Make Sounds Like
Hum,Clash,Swing And Things Like That So Witch Board Would You Suggjest?

hmm, i don't know of any boards for witches...maybe you should go somewhere else...i stole your thing JLo

read the thread index. it will answer most of your questions.

also, could you stop capitalizing all the words?

Marsupial
06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Cause I Think It Makes The Sentence Look Better

It makes you sound like Shatner. Every. Word. Is. Its. Own. Sentence.

As for Sound Boards, it really depends on what budget you have, what you like in your sabers or plan to do with it and things like that.

As a main word in the hobby, we usually say "do your homeworks"... there's TONS of info available everywhere, and another ton just here. Those questions are frequently asked, answered, re-answered and you can very easily find the info by reading here a bit...
I'm mentionning it because for every systeme there's PROs and CONs... you need to choose the one that suits your needs best, so you better document yourself.

The cheapest version is reusing the toy sabers boards, or the MRFX boards... then there's the ultrasaber that its LED configuration is changeable on-the-fly, and the creme de la creme from our french connection: a board fully configurable with your own sound FX and settings - named crystal focus.
The more possibilities, the higher the price of the product... as they say "you get what you pay for".

hope I'm being useful.

Firebird21
06-02-2007, 03:43 AM
It makes you sound like Shatner. Every. Word. Is. Its. Own. Sentence.

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_spit.gif That was funny!

Kirk, "Bones! How. Do. You. Turn. THING. On?"

Bones, "Damnit Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a Jedi!"

Spock, "Captain, I don't think it is wise to point that end at your face. It may prove to be... quite fatal."

Oh, http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_welcome.gif Cin Drollic. And don't worry, it's all simpler than it seems. You just have to get used to how it all works... And us. :wink: