PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peak into building a complete custom

xwingband
05-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Well I really wanted to share this saber. :D

I've been sitting on the idea for a long time now. This was the one I had asked about fiberglass for. I eventually figured out how to do it within 95% of my means and still be rock solid. The only thing I won't be doing is I'd like to find someone to TIG weld some parts on once I have them all made.

Here's the large picture, it's 1.4MB but you'll be glad you saw it that large:
http://www.incomsabers.com/images/sneak.jpg

Once you've seen it you'll understand why it's unique... I haven't seen anything like it. I hit upon the idea when I was looking at the bladerunner blaster. Not only will it be one of the most tricked out sabers in terms of parts, but I think it will be a fun saber to handle despite the unorthodox shape.

I cut out the notch for the batteries today... that was a pain. The channel is slightly over 1/8" thick. Tomorrow I will cut out the large sheet to wrap it. Then I can figure out the board and speaker mounting exactly.

I'll keep this updated. Don't worry... I don't like to tease too much and I want to get this done too. :D

Lord Maul
05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
is it just me, or is that saber gonna be a rectangle?

jjshumpert
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
somewhat lm, its basically a sidearm blaster without the grip, trigger and guard

xwingband
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Sort of... like JJ said it's like I cut off the grips and trigger of a gun.

The top there will be rounded so it should be really comfy. The sheeting will be rounded around one side to the other. The size is just enough that I can wrap my fingers around front to push the front buttons.

That's why I think it will handle different from other sabers yet still be cool. It would be more like a broadsword as I can't do spins but there is a inherent directionality.