PDA

View Full Version : Is RLSA closing?

Barmic Rin
05-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Just visited his site & he has the following on his Home page:

DUE TO OUTSIDE INFLUENCES

The sabers will only be available on ebay now IN VERY LIMITED NUMBERS.

CLICK HERE

NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANYONE DON'T ASK...... YOUR NEXT!!!!

You follow the link to one saber, a couple of other bits & pieces.
Anybody have an idea what's going on?

I feel really bad if he counts guys like us as those 'outside influences' when we were talking about the way his sabers have gone.
I loved the G-style & CER sabers he done, i'm just not a fan of his recent work, there's too much going on with the hilts.
That's just my .02creds, & most people on here know I, like many others, prefer a simple hilt that you can duel with comfortably.
I do hope he doesn't pack up the business as I wanted to own a piece of his work one day.

Hasid Lafre
05-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Hes getting a bunch of crap about his saber designs like is it a saber or is it a table leg.

crap like that.

Persionally I think people should back off of him about it cause I ahve seen some sabers that they have or had made and they shouldent talk.

So my guess is that its cause hes getting flack for the designs.

Barmic Rin
05-28-2007, 05:22 AM
I know afew of us on here admitted to not like his current direction he's gone with them, but i'm sure we all agreed that if he offered his newer style ones & his 'classics', he'd drum up alot more business. I'm sure J-lo & Ravage were two who agreed with me on this.

We never meant it as a bitching session, it was just our opinions.

Some of his new styles are quite nice as showpieces, but not as duelable sabers.

I wanted a G-style (or ten)!!! :D

Hasid Lafre
05-28-2007, 05:32 AM
I dont know of about here but folks at randomsaber is just one places that I know that really get on him.

Barmic Rin
05-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Some of the ones they do on there look like something you'd pick up at Anne summers!!!

I know it has nothing to do with the guys at Random themselves, they just make them.
The designs some people send into them are just bad! Each to their though, so I won't bitch anymore about them.

Again, alot of the ones they have, I like. Infact, when I wanted to do my fanfilm I was going to contact them for afew of their past creations, the Obelix, Centurion & Blitz being three examples of the ones I wanted.

RLSA shouldn't listen to the jerks out there badmouthing his work.
We weren't complaining on here, just putting across our preference for his older styles.

Ravage179
05-28-2007, 06:15 AM
unfortunately lightsaber building is a rough business, i have been to RLSA's website a couple of times in the past and some of his sabers were pretty nice i just think he hasn't been doing enough business to keep open. it always sucks when one of us has to close shop.

Hasid Lafre
05-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Yeah I liked rlsas stuff but this turn I dont know. Iam not saying there bad but just a different direction that he should of thought about better before he made them.

I like some of the ones at RS but the ones I like all look the same anyway.

But Its bad, they had 2 or so topics that were getting out of hand.

I mean to each there own yeah but some peopl need to think about something if there gonna try to sell it to people.

sence rlsa moved to the new site there was only one I liked.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/RymaMara/Lightsaber%20Pics/ss2.jpg

But yeah. ya got to get an oppinion of something if your gonna try to sell something. Iam sure if he sold them as say septors or some kinda Mage or wizard kinda thing then Iam sure they would sell off then he can make up some of the money he lost and start some new designs.

chase
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
i think the style like that and the other colors are awesome, but im not going to buy one of the sabers that "looks like a table leg". i feel bad for the guy....he is just trying to do his thing. people are jerks for booing him.

Halcyon the Righteous
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
yeh, there all a lot of people who copy eachother at random, but I love what Ryan dos and i find very few designs bad,

I'm sorry to hear whats happening to RLSA, we did kinda bag on him but asking 300+ for a saber you can
t duel with and is using some cheap real word parts to make these assize "sabers" was just a bad turn on his part.

I saw a lot of stuff of early stuff and it was actually pretty good, lovethe CER and G style sabers, but i saw none of the newer ones.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I have two of his "G" style sabers, and they are good looking designs that are easy to upgrade. I wonder what he meant by "Due to oustide influences?" It couldn't have been us complaining about the new designs.

Barmic Rin
05-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Jay, you were there first time we we talking about this too, & we weren't really complaining about his new designs, just saying we prefered his older stuff like the G's.
I was annoyed as whilst we were talking about them, I missed one on Ebay for like $40!

It's not that I don't like the new styles, they're cool in their way, but not duelable like the G's & CER's are.
Shame really.