PDA

View Full Version : Sith "saber" like props

DARTHMONKEY1706
05-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok I've got a little thing I'm tryin to make, something for a sith like character. I think it would be good to make lie the lightclaws from the EU. Would anyone have any idea on how I can make this. I have thought about a glove and cutting holes into it, but can't figure a way for the "saber" to stay still and sturdy.

Barmic Rin
05-28-2007, 01:40 AM
You mean like this?
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/large/21231.jpg
I wanted to do something like this, but with 7 customers wanting sabers & 4 still to be finished for my collection, it may be a while before I get around to it....

supertrogdor
05-29-2007, 08:18 AM
shy of installing a biomechanical arm, you are going to need to strap it to at least two points on your forearm or wrist/hand. Other than that stability will be a pretty big problem. But that is just me.

Hasid Lafre
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
http://www.epier.com/store/outpostflags/ItemImages/bud551.jpg

vortextwist
05-29-2007, 01:28 PM
holly jebus that thing is huge

Ronin
05-29-2007, 02:02 PM
And really silly...

Jedi-Loreen
05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
And totally impractical.

Darth Tollo
07-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm going to attempt it too. I plan to use one of those wrist work out devices.

Barmic Rin
07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.epier.com/store/outpostflags/ItemImages/bud551.jpg

You could make a round of sandwiches in one go with that bad boy!!!

supertrogdor
07-13-2007, 03:07 PM
And totally impractical.

I am going to go ahead and hurl down the gauntlet to you on this one Loreen: Define practical

...and afterwards can you still boast in your size 16, dark red font that it is totally impractical. I can think of a few sensable applications for such a piece, granted not many of them are terribly nice, but they are certainly practical... from a certain point of view

Roshen
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
And totally impractical.

I am going to go ahead and hurl down the gauntlet to you on this one Loreen: Define practical

...and afterwards can you still boast in your size 16, dark red font that it is totally impractical. I can think of a few sensable applications for such a piece, granted not many of them are terribly nice, but they are certainly practical... from a certain point of view

HAHA!

Darth Zecks
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree with supertrogdor. If I get his intent it is quit practical and would be quit effective I might add. I like the pic you posted Barmic, its better then the one I saw. This could be nice and it looks like there would be plenty of room for say, 2 corbin drivers or crystal focus, speakers, the batteries it would take to power this bad boy, heat sinks, LEDs and optics. I think the weight of the batteries in the square part would help balance it a lot. You could use MHS parts for the two side emitters, drill some holes in them and put some rubber grommets in so the wires don't chafe. Maybe something like those clamps with the screw you use to tighten them to connect them to the box. I'm not sure about he box in the middle. I would build the gauntlet out of aluminum with padding underneath and use leather with buckles or nylon with Velcro for the straps. Just some ideas I've been going over since I saw the first pic.