PDA

View Full Version : Complete LED blade tip mirror

Nightwing
01-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I wanted to know, does the mirror in the CSS LED blades block all light, making the tip of the blade black, or does it allow some light through?

Cyambin
01-08-2006, 06:16 PM
You can tell from the picture comparing it to the MR ones- on the MR saber there is light on the table beyond the tip but none on Tim's. Too bad, I'd rather it was a little opaque myself.

Strydur
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I can make them both ways. If you want it with diffuser material instead of a mirror I can do it that way. Until I post them on the site just order a mirror one and let me know in the notes you dont want a mirror.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Nightwing
01-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Cool. I think I'll do that. Expect my order as soon as the LED hilt kits are back in stock.

Oh, and one more thing: I've heard of people poking holes in the mirror to allow light through. Can you do this? It seems like that would be better, as far as lighting goes.

Cyambin
01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Wait are these mirrors flat? And what do the blades look like without the mirror in them?

Strydur
01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Yes the mirrors are flat and no I dont want to try and drill through these little mirrors.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

vadeblade
01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi,
(reply not directed at Tim)
I don't think it is necessary to drill through the glass. The backs of the mirrors have a reflective coating. Just carfully scrape off a small circle in the center of the coating. Drilling glass is very hard to do and I would not recommend it.

(directed at Tim) This could be a "service" for a nominal fee, [;)]. Scrape off some reflective coating = $10. lol.

-V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade." http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

Strydur
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
hmm..didnt even think of that.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Nightwing
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the tip, vadeblade! Anyway, I don't think I'd pay an extra $10 on top of the $30 just for a little reflective coating scraped off. I mean, as long as it's not too hard, Tim could just take an extra second and scrape it off when he puts the blade together in the first place.

vadeblade
01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I was joking...

Nightwing
01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

I was joking...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Oh. Sorry... lol. But seriously, thanks for letting me know about the mirror-scraping thing. I've been going on for like a week just trying to figure out how to get the tip lit up, but still have some good light in the blade.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-11-2006, 08:08 PM
i got my completed blade from tim the other day and i just had time awhile ago to try it out in the vader and graflex led sabers i have done. i must say it does look sweet. and it still looks brighter than a MR in both sabers. one has a blue/graflex and the heiland/vader has the red/orange led. i still have the bright flaring effect from just outside the end of the hilt. not a bright as with corbins film, but still noticeable nonetheless. and in either hilt, the blade looks pretty evenly lit all the way up to the tip. only drawback tho, is the tip isnt lit up, like others have said. but overall, i dont think many folks will even noitice when you fire it up, they'll be covering their eyes at the brightness, lol nice job, tim. im very impressed. You da' man, Tim. if only the tip was lit up some that would be great.

informalmyx
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
hey tim can you show some close ups of the tip in the new completed blades

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>