PDA

View Full Version : WIRING SOUND TO THE SABER and anything else that comes up...

beggarsoutpost
05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Hello to you all, I am new here and am building my first MHS Saber. I will be installing Ultras soundboard and quick change LED system when I put the saber together. The question is, does the resistor that you wire to the LED stay in play in the new setup. I know Ultras board supports all the LED formats, but do you have to change the resistor when you change LED's (LUX III to LUX V to K2 etc...) thanks for your help.

Lord Maul
05-18-2007, 04:40 PM
no, you don't. ultra's board has built in resistors (simply put). your wiring diagram will look like this

battery + ----------------ultraboard----------led\
battery - -------------------------------------------\

beggarsoutpost
05-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Thank you Lord Maul.....

xwingband
05-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Well... that little typed out diagram isn't exactly correct.

Ultra's is a driver it will have seperate LED leads. Simply it will take care of everything.

A resistor is in a analogy... a beaver dam vs. the hoover dam. The resistor works but is inefficient. EDIT: You always need a current limiter on a Lux... power is a river. You need a dam or FLOOD! :)

Lord Maul
05-19-2007, 10:20 AM
oh yeah...now i see where i was wrong Xwing. here's V2.lol

............................................./led positive and negative leads
battery + ---switch---------ultrasound\
battery - ------------------------------------\

better?
the speaker leads will also come out of the board

Marsupial
05-20-2007, 02:58 PM
well, I don't have a ultrasound board, but generally speaking a driver is wired more like

SWITCH
battery + ___ || ____ +LED
battery - ___> [ ULTRASOUND ] <_____ -LED
||
SPEAKER

the switch and the led should be completely taken care of by the board.

as opposed to the switch cutting off the board (wow, selection of the led everyt time!!!) and the -LED being straight on battery.

beggarsoutpost
05-20-2007, 04:21 PM
dah........how do you put a photo in here.

darthdan
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Get a photobucket account, upload your pics and post the image links here

Jay-gon Jinn
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
well, I don't have a ultrasound board, but generally speaking a driver is wired more like

SWITCH
battery + ___ || ____ +LED
battery - ___> [ ULTRASOUND ] <_____ -LED
||
SPEAKER

the switch and the led should be completely taken care of by the board.

as opposed to the switch cutting off the board (wow, selection of the led everyt time!!!) and the -LED being straight on battery.
Mars, you won't need to select the led type everytime you activate the Ultrasound board, only if you dis-connect the batteries, or if they die completely.

Marsupial
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with you Jason, but the switch wired in series with the battery pack like Maul had in his design would have caused to reselect everytime...

the poweron switch should NOT cut the power to the board, but be connected on the board.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Ahhh...I see said the blind man! Mauls' diagram was a bit confusing for me at the time I posted that, and I didn't get what you were saying!

Marsupial
05-22-2007, 10:51 AM
No prob. My english sucks anyway. Happy to have clarified it.

Lord Maul
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
oops :oops:

dang, even V2 of my diagram was wrong. oh well, got to give me credit for the thought

Novastar
05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Don't worry Maul... obviously it will all be revealed when we receive a board from Ultra. It can't REALLY be more than:

+ & - for LED
+ & - for Batts

Switch leads (probably tied in to - as well)
Speaker leads (doesn't matter which goes where)

If you decide to wire in a recharge port (and maybe + a kill switch), it makes it a bit tougher. Not much.

I still don't know how much power Ultra's board will draw when "idle/off". Would love to know.