PDA

View Full Version : blade won't light up !!

milkit18
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
hey guys , i can't get the blade to light up i got it soldered to the mono plug but it won't light the damn thing up .. lol ..

Strydur
10-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Can you post a picture or draw a diagram of how you have it wired up? Also re-read the tutorials again and make sure everything looks correct.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

WeirdoTransvestite
11-04-2005, 09:58 PM
One of the thin wires might be broken. I had that problem about 5 times before I got it right.

joruus28
11-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I also had this problem. I found that the set screw at the base of the blade was the culprit. Make sure your setscrew isn't hitting the soldering or the wiring of the mono plug when you tighten it. I ended up making a mark on the silver casing of the mono plug with a sharpy where the set screw could tighten without hitting the wiring, and drilled accordingly.

Jedi-Loreen
12-19-2005, 03:13 AM
<font color="purple">I've had both those problems before. Either the one of the fine wires breaking or the set screw shorting out the wiring inside the connector.[:(]

I have a spare inverter that doesn't fit inside any hilt that I bought years ago. I use it to test the wire after every part of the blade making process. I want to know immediately if something goes wrong with the EL wire.

And I also shoot some silicone inside the connector, over the terminals now, before I screw housing on.</font id="purple"> [;)]

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.