PDA

View Full Version : C4: Kessel Run

GFORCE13
05-13-2007, 12:25 AM
The deadline is fast approaching for anybody who is interested, I understand that half of the team spots are already filled:Do the Kessel Run at Celebration IV
May 10, 2007

Calling all would-be smugglers and starship pilots: compete in the Kessel Run, a galactic race of wits, speed, and luck, at Star Wars Celebration IV. Scheduled for Monday, May 28, the Kessel Run follows the model of the famed San Diego Rocket Race, in which teams of two to four compete solving puzzles as they "race" around the Celebration IV site. The Kessel Run will put your Star Wars skills to the test. Can you beat the Millennium Falcon's record?

How to Sign Up for the Kessel Run
Entry is limited to the first 100 teams that sign up. Participants must have a valid Celebration IV badge for Monday to take part. Each person may only have their name appear on one team!

The deadline for pre-registration is May 16th, 2007.
Here's what to do:

1. Assemble your team of two to four players.
2. Create an email with the subject line: SWC: Kessel Run Registration
3. In the body include: a) Names of up to 4 people who will be on your team; b) Contact information of the team leader; c) Difficulty level (Jedi Padawan, Knight or Master -- more on this below.)
4. Send the email to: celebrationkesselrun@gmail.com

Do not include any other information other than what is required. Example of a correct Kessel Run email:
Your name
Teammate Name One
Teammate Name Two
Teammate Name Three

Your Name Information:
MyEmail@whatever.com
(209) 555-1212
Level: Jedi Master

If there is space available, teams might also sign up at the Kessel Run table in the Fan Fair Hall (Hall G) during Celebration, before Monday. A waiting list will be kept in case additional slots open up if demand warrants.

How the Kessel Run works:
The Kessel Run is open to all Celebration IV participants, but spots are limited to 100 teams. Teams must have at least two racers, and no more than four racers.

The Hutts sponsoring the Kessel Run will divide the field into three divisions:

* Jedi Padawan -- suitable for teams with children or for casual Star Wars fans.
* Jedi Knight -- suitable for teams who know Star Wars, but also know that there are fans who know more than they do.
* Jedi Master -- suitable for teams who know, live, and breathe all things Star Wars. If you regularly win on the first turn of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, this difficulty level is for you.

At the start of the race, which will start in the Droid Obstacle Course area of Fan Fair Hall G at 11 am on Monday, May 28, each team will receive a race passport and a packet of clues. Solving the first clue will guide the team to their next destination, where they will get a passport stamp and their next clue. Solving clues might involve some Star Wars trivia, cracking an Imperial code, or solving a Sith puzzle. These clues will lead the team to another location, where their passport will be stamped again and more clues will be given out, and so on. After eight stamps are received, teams will be sent to the finish line.

Teams are free to use any resources at their disposal in solving the clues, including cell phones, reference books, Holocrons, Internet-capable devices, and the will of the Force. Traveling in the race may only be done on foot -- no Podracers, bicycles, tauntauns, skates, carts, or other forms of personal transportation are allowed (except for strollers for young children and wheelchairs for those requiring mobility assistance). Teams may consult with outside individuals or other teams, but may not harass other teams, the race staff, or non-participants through physical, verbal, or Force-powered means. No disintegrations!

When a team solves their final clue and reaches the finish line, their team name and finishing time will be recorded. In each division, the team with the fastest time and a correctly-stamped race passport will be crowned the Kessel Run Champions.

The Kessel Run is being coordinated by Dan Hamman & James Floyd, organizers of the San Diego Rocket Race, an annual sci-fi themed urban puzzle race.

Novastar
05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Sounds great and right up my alley... BUT...

...there's no way I'll have the energy after:

1. Debuting BOP II on Friday/Saturday...
2. All the acrobatics I'm doing...
3. My right knee is still pretty bad from a recent injury...
4. Driving to L.A. at 5AM on Sunday after ending our Saturday performance at around 10PM, clean up until 11PM or so + party/fool around until midnight, etc.
5. I just found out my other cast members aren't coming until Monday. GREAT.

So... to all... good luck. ... ... yer gonna need it! :D

Halcyon the Righteous
05-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Im totally up for it. I just need some compaions

GFORCE13
05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Just an update there are only 15 spots left open so I will register today. I am also looking for companions so once we have a spot we can make changes. 8)

Halcyon the Righteous
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
i might no have a team and would be glad to join with ay team that ould like to have me and is going for a jedi knight/ master level

GFORCE13
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Well I got the conformation E-Mail and we are Team 101 so we missed it by one but we area at the top waiting list and I am sure that they will either add more teams or someone will drop out, these are odds I can live with.

Halcyon the Righteous
05-16-2007, 04:53 AM
oh that sucks! lets just hope a team does drop out or something