PDA

View Full Version : MR Anakin EpIII FX 'clamp' reversal?

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Is it possible to reverse the 'clamp' on a MR Anakin EpIII FX from the box-on-right side of the saber with the button facing 'down' to a box-on-left side with the button facing 'up' more like Luke's was in ANH? I know that's not 'canon' but from a dueling perspective I like the feel and super-secure grip I get when I hold my Anakin FX 'upside down' [ears pointing downward] around the deep knurled clamp and the ease of operating the switch with my right thumb instead of pinky but somehow holding it upside down just doesnt seem right to me :lol: ...if i were to convert an Ani III FX just for dueling purposes not 'screen accuracy' I'd like to be able to rotate the 'clamp' band leftwards so I can get that same practical handling benefits with the ears pointing properly upward but am wondering if the wiring for the switch etc would allow that???

Also would it be possible to relocate the covertec to the bottom of the hilt???

Lord Maul
05-12-2007, 07:31 PM
i guess you could do that, but it would be a pain.

to do it, you would need to:

1)take apart the whole saber

2)dremel a hole in the saber itself for the wires where ya want the clamp to be

3)dremel a hole in the plastic housing for the switch wires. this hole needs to line up with the one you already did.

4)drill/tap holes for the control box. be sure to line them up with where the clamp will be

5)put the whole thing back together

for the covertec: No. on the bottom of the saber, the speaker sits, so the thing wouldn't work. also, you wouldn't even be able to wear it so what's the point?

Ryma Mara
05-13-2007, 12:04 AM
cant you just take teh box and turn it around?

Lord Maul
05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
from how he said it ryma, i think he wants the entire box on the other side of the saber :wink:

Ryma Mara
05-13-2007, 12:11 AM
yeah take the gold plate thing off. remove 2 screws. turn box 180*, reinsert 2 screws and put gold plate thing back on.

Just a guess

vortextwist
05-13-2007, 08:49 AM
I think basically he wants to rotate the whole thing 180.