PDA

View Full Version : 1.25 sinktube bladeholer.

Ryma Mara
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
does the screws hold the optics in? or is it like the rest of the led bladeholders? a lip to hold it.

Ryma Mara
05-07-2007, 09:01 PM
anyone?

jjshumpert
05-07-2007, 09:04 PM
there are 4 screws around the bottom of the bladeholder that secure the heatsink into the body

darthdan
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
And yes there is a lip like in the conversion holders(and I'm assuming the mhs holders), just push the heatsink in until the optics are snug against the lip and tighten the screws.

Barmic Rin
05-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Wow I don't feel so stupid! I was going to ask this exact question before picking up parts for a junk saber i'm building!
Thanks for taking the slack on this one Ryma! :P :P :wink:

Ryma Mara
05-08-2007, 07:11 AM
I guess.

Ok another question.

Say Iam making my own bladeholder for a pvc saber. would it be safe to use screws to hold the optics in place or what could I use to hold it there?

jjshumpert
05-08-2007, 08:10 AM
send me some sketches of what your wanting to do, and ill draw you up all the parts you will need

Ryma Mara
05-08-2007, 08:22 AM
well got an acceptable bladeholder made out of some pvc and its pritty thick Gonna get the heatsink for custom applications but Iam trying to get an idea as to keep the optics in place.

I figure a couple set screws on 2 sides will hold the optics in place.

trying to keep it as low buck as possable.

I also thought about taking another piece of pvc tube split it down the middle and glueing it in place so its the squish effect like the current css setup.

jjshumpert
05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
if your wanting low dollar and strong then make yourself a shim out of pvc, take your optics holder and mount it inside a piece of pvc that will fit tight into your main hilt then secure it with pvc cement, then lock your optics holder into the hilt with the cement, then mount your lens... should work well and you wont have to worry about movement in the hilt. i would sugjest getting a pvc washer that will seat over the top of the lens also to make sure your wont lose it during dueling. :twisted:

Ryma Mara
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Well yeah thats what I was talking about that little seat that holds the optics down in the bladeholder like tims setup does. I think something like a poly washer glued into place would hold it well dont you think?

jjshumpert
05-08-2007, 11:11 AM
should work great, make yourself a little pvc tube to seat the optics into with a top so the lens cant come out, cement everything together and into the hilt and then slide in your optics and lux and i bet it will be plenty tough

Ryma Mara
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
awsome thanks