PDA

View Full Version : upcoming Luke ANH lightsaber conversions?

Kurosawa
05-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, anyone out there have any info/pics of the new Luke ANH FX lightsaber that will be coming out other than the stock ones on the MR website? what about its dimensions (i.e accuracy of its size in relation to the original graflex). and lastly (IMO Most importantly) will Tim, or anyone else here for that matter, be planning on a Lux conversion of this saber?

Lord Maul
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
1 - not sure, i doubt it
2 - again, not sure
3 - yup, ultra will for sure, and i'll bet tim will make one as well

jjshumpert
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
its still the same hilt body as master replicas first luke anh saber, but now they went back and did an led conversion using their 64 string led setup and jedi sound unit. the battery pack will most likely still be a 6AA, since mr doesnt change anything unless the absolutely have to. basically your going to have the original luke body with the mace/luke rotj guts shoved into a hilt that was already way too big to be anywhere close to acurate. in compairison the luke is much larger than the anakin to the point of being comedic and this hilt will be no different...

if you want a luke anh hilt, get a maul, gut it for its sound module pack and battery pack, get tim's graflex conversion blade holder and search ebay for a reproduction graflex. little bit of money and effort and you can have a movie acurate luke hilt with sound and tims electronics and blade, all in all an awesome investment and a great looking saber! :twisted:

Ryma Mara
05-07-2007, 04:19 AM
I agree with jj. If Iam gonna do a replica I would built one the right way instead of getting an mr.

They screwed up to many times on the designs.

becides I only want 3 sabers from the OT luke anh, obi anh and vader anh.

Barmic Rin
05-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Replica graflex from E-bay or Parks, Tim's graflex adaptor, Erv's Buttered Toast.
Easy.

xwingband
05-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Well, I'd have to disagree with JJ... The Luke ESB has been out too long and will probably not be what they emulate. I think it will be a retooled Anakin ROTS. That saber is a lot closer, but it will still pale next to a real graflex. It's slightly bigger, much heavier and won't be the same finishes.

If you've never held a graflex and not TOO concerned with accuracy I think MR will provide a saber that's a hit. People will eat it up since it's "THE" saber. Doing it ourself though is greatly more satisfying though, I've done what the other suggest and it BLOWS an MR out of the water.

Madcow
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree.
If you take the time with a dremel and a peice of polished aluminum pipe - you can get a decent result too. Then add on all the replica graflex parts.

MC

Jonitus
05-07-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm going to say it. God help me for saying it, as it is blasphemous in many circles, but I'm gonna say it.

MR SABERS ARE JUNK

They are too "toy" like, are inaccurate as all get-out, and overpriced for what you get.

You may commence with throwing tomatoes and rotten vegetables at me.

Ryma Mara
05-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree ^, the onlything worth a darn on the mr is the boards and various bits and pieces

LAN-ED-TUL
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
like the real graflexs i have made into EL and Luxeons too.

i do have one larbel graflex replica also. if your patient, you can get a real graflex for a good price off ebay. its a matter of timing. i got mine inbetween movie releases. they increased just before a movie was released.

now all the movies are done, only new thing comin is the TV series comin out soon. so, i bet the prices will jump up again just before it comes out.

Jonitus
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Kurosawa,

Shoot me a Private Message. I might be able to help you in the search for a Graflex.

Ryma Mara
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Not to long ago I seen the correct graflex 3 cell flash gun for 20something $

If I had the money and an ebay account I would snatch it up.

But I seen one a page later going for over 300.

ti-el_terall
05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I got 2 graflexs on the way. One is converted to a Luke ESB and comes with stand and plaque. I got that for $150, I'm getting a blank parks replica that I acquired in a trade:). I agree, the only reason i buy MR is for conversions.

jjshumpert
05-07-2007, 09:01 PM
i have purchased one mr for retail, my first hilt which was the ani rots... since then i have paid no more than half retail cost for any hilt, and i mostly still buy them because i cant convince the misses of the greatness of the crystal focus... such is the way it goes with the "better half" :twisted: