PDA

View Full Version : best way to keep the blade in the blade holder

morpheus1977
05-05-2007, 08:32 PM
So I have my first MHS saber and even if I crank the thumb screw down the blade still tends to slide out if I give it a good swing does any body have any advise on what I could to to fix this??

Jedi Ranger
05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Umm, first, is your thumbscrew long enough? Are you sure it is actually making contact with the blade?

Next, try roughing up the outside of the blade that sits in the holder, and also rough up the tip of the thumbscrew.

Other than that, I'd say you might be doing something wrong.

Good luck.

morpheus1977
05-05-2007, 09:21 PM
yea it is long enough its the screw that came with my MHS kit.

morpheus1977
05-05-2007, 09:32 PM
roughing up the thumb screw is all I needed to do....

Tenric Starkindler
05-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Perhaps a second screw at an angle to the first?

Enolmano
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
If you want the blade to stay really much you can actually drill a hole
halfway through the pc blade. I've done this to my blade and so far (about a year) I havn't got any problems. Normaly I don't use but if I'm gonna duel and ant my blade to sty secure I may use it.

LordArgyll
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Yup. A little notch for the thumbscrew to bite into does it good.

Novastar
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I think this topic has been covered before, not sure where, but I can offer the following information, seeing as the LED sabers we've used in Balance of Power take an INORDINATE amount of abuse, and if the blades popped out... that would be BAD. :)

1. I've found that a single screw (usually 8/32 or larger) WILL work... but a second can be nice as well.

2. If you have one retention screw--put it as high in the emitter as you can (within reason). Don't put it so low that it only holds at the last 1/4" of the polytube! That is asking for trouble. I had it happen to me with my Light Master saber for BOP I, so watch out. And yes, the blade flew out one time. SCARY.

3. If you have a second retention screw--place the second one a little lower than the first, pretty much opposite end of it (other side of emitter).

4. Make sure the screws leave a slight impression on the blade. You do not HAVE to go all the way in, although you certainly can. But no need to block the light from the LED! :)

5. I have found it better to use recessed screws, although no that is not "movie accurate" with that weird-arse knobby thing that is supposed to control blade length or whatever. Recessed screws are more difficult to accidentally twist while using the saber... and don't chew your hand/get in the way.

6. If you remove the blade, do your best to put it back in the same way. This is not a big deal, but you can imagine what it will look like if you do it wrong over and over and over.

7. Try to make sure the blade fits in fairly snug--not loose. This can naturally only be helped if you use TCSS parts with his own stuff, or get lucky by buying separate parts. If you have a loose fit... you should CERTAINLY use two blade screws.

8. If you don't duel very hard, you can ignore pretty much all of this, and simply use one screw. :)

Peace. Uh... unless you're dueling. Then... War.

--Novastar