PDA

View Full Version : Exact Dimensions of MHS parts (in metric....)

scott5050
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Apologies if this is a dupe but I'm looking for some measurements of MHS parts.

I've got some MHS stuff on order and I'm looking for suitable metal stock for the custom parts but over here it's all metric so I'll need to look for very specific inner diameters.

Can someone measure the diameter of the center sections (I understand that they're all the same?) and blade holder style 4 for me?

Thanks!

vortextwist
05-04-2007, 01:14 PM
blade holder holds a 1 inch blade. the center sections besides the grooved ones are 32.6 mm. the grooved ones are a bit narrower.

scott5050
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry, if my post was vague - it was outer diameters I was looking for (when I mentioned inner's I was refering to the bits of metal I'm going to need to source) Useful info on the inner sizes though.

I've been doing more reading and I believe that the center sections are 1.45" (37mm)?

Could someone measure the outer diameter of blade holder 4 for me?

In the pics it seems to fit flush (which would be ideal) but I've also read that the blade holders and pommels are larger to retain sink pipe.

Lord Maul
05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
bladeholder 4 is the same OD as the rest of the parts. tim has them all the same right now :wink:

scott5050
05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
That's perfect - I was planning to have a shroud extending over the blade holder so having them the same makes things MUCH easier.

Thanks guys.

Barmic Rin
05-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Let us know how it goes Scott.
Always a joy to see another brits work.