PDA

View Full Version : stabilizing electronics

Ronin
05-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I am sure I am not the first person to think of this but has anybody tried mounting all their electronics to a single surface and then inserting them into the hilt. (what MR does) I was sorta thinking like a slightly smaller diameter pvc pipe with opposing cutouts. It would make the saber heavier but I think it would be worth it.

Thoughts?

If everyone does this already, I feel stupid for arriving late to the game.

Marsupial
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I use a 8-AA battery mount (like the one from the store (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-579-6-8aa-12v-battery-holder.aspx)) that I alter to be 4AA+electronics (2X2 on the long side, all electronics flat over it, protected by the plastic retainers)

fits tight in a 1.5inch sinktube or king-sol flashgun. ;)

neophyl
05-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Ive got an older EL sabre where the inside has a solid rod of delrin (machineable plastic) inserted then there are spaces milled out for the battery and inverter s well as the switch. As such theres no movement with anything and its the neatest sabre inside I own as all the wiring is hidden too. Pain to make though so I dont usually bother.

pockets
05-04-2007, 05:34 AM
in my new LED saber I'm planning I'm combining some PVC tubing and a 1.25 sink tube inside my 1.5 sink tube saber, my main concern was being able to use one of Tim's blade holders but have it hidden inside, so I'm doing the 1.25 sink tube near the emitter with the 1.25 blade holder Tim has, and I'm gunna screw that to some small diameter PVC tubing that I'm gunna stuff all my wiring in. then the battery holder in the bottom, with my Hasbro soundboard secured in my pommel.

Ronin
05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Hmmm, that gives me some ideas, thanks guys.