PDA

View Full Version : Jedibum about your upgraded MHS.

Ryma Mara
05-01-2007, 07:00 AM
I do say that is very nice with what you have done. Iam very impressed. one of the best sabers I have seen in a long time.

A couple questions. 1 is the "clamp" is that a custome piece or one off ebay? I ask cause the ones ive seen like that are made for 1.5".

2: did the gold mace emitter ring bit fit or did you have to sand it at all?

Again Iam vey impressed great job.

xwingband
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
The clamp is from "king of parts" on ebay.

I dang near jumped for joy when I first saw it because I thought it would be a PLI like device. Then I read the description...

Still neat if you don't care that you have no control over the pattern.

Ryma Mara
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Thats what I thought. so I wonder if a spacer was used for it.

Jedibum
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone! Xwingband is right, you can get one off Ebay. Mine actually came from a Parks Saber I bought at Comic-Con 05. My piece fits very nicely on the MHS and I did not need to use a spacer. It looks like King Of Parts has the exact same clamp. I didn't get one directly from him so I can't confirm that it is the exact same size but it appears to be. The gold mace emitter piece actually fit very nicely without having to do anything to it. I did keep the screws in the piece and tightened it to the MHS emitter.

Ryma Mara
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
very cool

The ones that KOP's has are for 1.5", parks stuff seems to be as close to the mhs size. seing as the overlay on my brothers quigon is the same od as the mhs.

very intresting

Marsupial
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I think that either KOP have some PS parts, either he has the same supplier.

I asked KOP about this circuit, he knows nothing about it. He's just a reseller.