PDA

View Full Version : laptop trouble

jedi tom
04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
hey does anyone know about laptops? because my laptop doesnt charge i can make it charge by pulling the wire to a side but i rather it to be fixed as pulling it may brake it does anyone know of a way to fix it.

any help would be appreciated

supertrogdor
04-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I could give you better advice after having seen it, but it sounds like you are not making good contact with your power cable. We generally do a shell swap with the manufacturer, but those will all be under warranty. If you are still in your warranty period, that is generally something that is covered. If not, it can be rather expensive to get that sorted out. If you are beyond your warranty period, know that small pressure in one direction or another is not the end of the world, but it will continually deteriorate and get worse and worse until repaired. Most laptop work on the internal guts needs to be completed in a dust free environment. Which is why most companies would generally do a shell swap rather than send you a replacement part.
After re-reading my post, and yours, i realized you said charging was your primary concern. If your laptop will power up fine, but not charge, you have likely killed the battery and it will need to be replaced. Among the worst things you can do to a laptop is leave it plugged in and not turned on, that tends to zap batteries faster than just about anything else.

Delmustator
04-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I was gonna say the same thing.. Looks like a bad connection.

He says he can make it charge by pulling the wire to the side. If the battery was kaputz, it would not charge. Still sounds like a bad connection. Does it use an external power brick? Could be a bad female connector too.

jedi tom
05-01-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah it uses an external power brick. Why?

pockets
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I used to work as a tech at staples, most likely its the connection in the machine, if its no longer under warranty u might be screwed, because we would send them out for repair, theres not much a local tech can do.

jedi tom
05-02-2007, 09:51 AM
problem my laptop went out of warranty like a year ago

fau-pa ramid
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
send it to frys. :wink:

GFORCE13
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I had the same problem with my old Laptop and it ended up being the power connector had gotten a loose connection from the motherboard, I was lucky to find a local computer guy and $60.00 later it was all fixed. 8)