PDA

View Full Version : the el blade light up?

Darth Caps
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Does the el blades have a crawl effect when it is powered off and on?
I never seen the el blade compared to my MR fx lightsaber.

never under-estimate the power of the darkside of the force!

Strydur
10-31-2005, 11:40 PM
The short answer would be, no. EL wire is instant on like a light bulb.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

informalmyx
11-01-2005, 06:32 AM
the power up and power down effect i think is over rated i am generally spinning my saber when i power it up

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Nightwing
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
How DOES the MR blade work? Can someone explain the crawling effect?

Strydur
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
They use like 30 or something LED's that light up in 4 sections. The effect happens so fast and blocky that its not that cool at all in my opinion.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

suit_man
11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
actually there are 64 leds in the MRs, but the effect definitely isn't worth sacrificing the ability to duel with them.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Nightwing
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I noticed the weird light-up effect. So is there a way to make a blade that lights up smoother, with maybe 8 or 10 sections that light up instead of 4? Or is the tech behind that so complicated that it's not worth trying?

Wait, I thought the MR blades were polycarbonate. Wouldn't that mean they are still duel-worthy?

suit_man
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
the polycarbonate is duel worthy, but the led lights inside are not. if you duel with the MRs, some led's will go out and it will make dark slpotches in the blade.and unless you know how to program chips and wire boards, you won't be able to make your own blade with the grow/retract effect.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-04-2005, 11:58 PM
actually its not the leds that go out. its the connections on each that will get broken with anything over light dueling with a mr.

suit_man
11-05-2005, 08:07 AM
yeah, the connections break...which causes the lights to go out [:)].