PDA

View Full Version : question about sounds

chase
04-24-2007, 04:35 PM
ok, just for ideas....what do you (anyone who reads this) think would be the ideal sound/effect setup for a saber....be specific. im trying to get an idea on what i want to do with my saber, thats not too difficult. what sound board, of course the corbin board, or whatever you think...if you think its a waste of time....put that down too. thanks.

fau-pa ramid
04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
the corbin board is just a driver if im right. if you want a custom sound board i recomend ervs v2. it is by far the best custom board i have ever seen. it is a driver for the lights and a sound board in one. (saves space)

as for the sounds i like the ROTJ luke skywalker acctivation noise. thats my oppinion though. the sound is totaly up to you. :wink:

Lord Maul
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
i like the luke esb ignition, and the maul for a sith saber.
erv's V2 will be the best out.

chase
04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
what is the erv's? i have never heard of it. im trying to figure out what i should put in my saber once the wife will let me spend the money on it.

Ravage179
04-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Check out the thread For buttered toast, or erv's website

http://www.plecterlabs.com/

Novastar
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
The ideal setup for sounds is that they can be programmable by the user. That way, you can install whatever sounds you like, and make sure they sound good with whatever speaker and resonance cavity you have to use.

I've already created a custom "lockup" sound that I think is excellent in comparison to some of the ones Erv has available. That is the POINT of programmability!

Thank heavens for buttered toast!

chase
04-25-2007, 10:12 AM
well, i dont have the knowledge to build a sound board. im doing this subject to determine what would be ideal for someone who wants sound (me) by using something i could get a hold of...such as a hasbro board or fx....the fx boards are hard to get bc tim never has them in stock! arg!

Jonitus
04-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Sometimes you can score an as-is condition force FX saber on eBay that has a good soundboard you could use. I got one a few months ago from a totally thrashed 2005 Vader...but the board was good.

That would be my first, best suggestion.

chase
04-25-2007, 11:41 AM
awesome. i look for those every once in a while, but most people dont sell them i think. ill keep looking.

Barmic Rin
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Seriously, pic up Erv's V" when he releases it.
That's the best option for the personal touch.

I think i'll be using Luke ROTJ activation, dooku hum.