PDA

View Full Version : Design

kronas
04-20-2007, 04:05 PM
So here is my little design/parts list of what I think would be a nice little beginner's saber. This saber would be my first ever saber. I wanted to see what you guys would think of it.

Complete LED blade
Screw on EL blade holder style 4
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
Double threaded hilt style 3
Screw on pommel style 3
14-3/16" ID O-ring
Covertec Clip Style2
Machined button for Covertec clip
8-32 socket head
LED basic electronics kit - 3wRed

Now this would be only a basic one, with no sound or special effects. But I think it would look fine for now atleast, right. I can always open it back up and add some sound or what not.

Ryma Mara
04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
You need an led blade holder not an el blade holder.

Looks good otherwise

kronas
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
o, didn't see that i posted the wrong one. but i'll go change that now!

Ryma Mara
04-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh and I would suggest ya have tim do the drill and tap blade holder for a thumb screw. ya need something to keep teh blade in.

Lord Maul
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
what ryma said. you'll need a thumbscrew to hold in the blade, otherwise it would just fly out. trust me, it's happened before :oops:

pockets
04-20-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah definately buy the thumbscrew here at TCSS, i went to home depot when i was custom building my EL blade holder for a sink tube, the guys there didnt even know what a thumb screw was, and when I told them they looked at me like I was the idiot. Plus they're probably less expensive here

vortextwist
04-21-2007, 05:47 AM
not so much for less money but you know it will the correct one. It is alot less hassel to have tim drill it. Unless you are really good with a drill. I'm pretty good but still got a little crooked