PDA

View Full Version : 1.5v rechargeable Alkalines? (yes, 1.5v)

Novastar
04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Am I wrong in thinking this is new? I just heard about it on that show "How it's made".

Alkaline Manganese...

http://www.pureenergybattery.com/press/rechargechallenge.pdf

That might make some battery dudes happy!

If this is NOT new... I'll invite X-Wing to delete this topic altogether.

Marsupial
04-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I have Pure Energy rechargeable alkaline batteries.

I don't like them. Life expectancy isn't the best. maybe I have some early model that sucks or something, but I'm a lot more happy with my Ni-MH

Novastar
04-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Are they new or something? I was under the impression that 1.5v rechargeables weren't really possible for the mostpart... so.. despite performance, I'd consider it a breakthrough.

Personally, I'll stick with Li-Ion, but yeah I hear ya... Ni-Mh seems to be the favored battery type of most everyone on here.

Jedi Ranger
04-18-2007, 02:16 AM
They have a very limited number of cycles. Somewhere in the range of only 50. PLUS - they are bad for the environment. Nimh aren't.

Marsupial
04-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Are they new or something? I was under the impression that 1.5v rechargeables weren't really possible for the mostpart... so.. despite performance, I'd consider it a breakthrough.

Personally, I'll stick with Li-Ion, but yeah I hear ya... Ni-Mh seems to be the favored battery type of most everyone on here.

I've had them for about 3 years now.
As I say, I don't like them.

Novastar
04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
oops, my apologies... this is NOT a "new" technology...

If you're reading X-Wing... feel free to delete/lock/get rid of this thread/topic... :)