PDA

View Full Version : corbin driver and luke mr sound board

frdm_rckr
04-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Sorry for asking and yes i looked and searched the forums over and over again but, how can u solder one shock sensor to the both of them?

frdm_rckr
04-18-2007, 12:11 PM
anyone going to answer?

neophyl
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Simple answer is you cant. The 2 sets of contact points are incompatible.

You would have to build some form of buffer to do it. Something that the clash sensor when triggered will supply the 2 different signals that the 2 boards need.

For that you would need some electronics design skills. If you knew how to build that then you wouldnt need to ask the question in the first place.

frdm_rckr
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I most not be understanding this post then.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

neophyl
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Thats right you arent understanding it. In that thread Darth_Dadderall mentioned that the clash sensor on the anakin has 2 sets of contacts, in effect making it like a DPDT switch. IF that is the case and they arent electrically interconnected then you could potenitally, each shock would be closing 2 sets of contacts, all built into the same housing. Thats very unusual though. Also no disprespect to Darth_Dadderall but Id like someone who I know is electrically savvy to double check that finding as like X-Wing says you can fry your electronics. Want to risk it ? You would have to have one of those specific clash sensors though.

Have you got one ?

frdm_rckr
04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
sorry for asking and thanks i wouldve wasted a ton of money

erv
04-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Well, however, my driver will work properly with the MR boards.
I made a training saber for a stage combat guy, and discovered then that :
- the on/off switch are "in the right order". A single switch (the MR stock one) can drive the MR board and the luxeon driver. No need of a double throw switch
- the clash sensor can be shared as well !

if you are interested by that, I can even make your life easier by wiring them all together, you just need to send me you MR board, inexpensive even from the USA. PM me if you are interested !

Erv'