PDA

View Full Version : 3 watt Luke sound board. What am I doing wrong?

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I wired up my saber with a Luke sound board I had lying round. Now its making wierd noses and doing other wierd things. I made a vid, whats wrong?
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/?action=view&current=CLIP0056.flv

jjshumpert
04-13-2007, 09:03 PM
tell me what your setup is and we'll see where your problem is coming from.

one thing im noticing is when you activate the mr its playing the clash sound rather than the power up and idle. i have had this same problem a few times when using a push on push off switch in place of the momentary that comes with the luke module you will lose either the power up or power down font. the strange thing is when you hit the shock i heard the power up sound font.

try taking the clash sensor off the card and see if you still have the problem, from the looks of it im leaning towards a bad sensor.

let me know what happens...

vortextwist
04-13-2007, 09:15 PM
i had a mace that did that when the relay stopped working right. I also had one that did that when the clash senser went bad

ti-el_terall
04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I jsut checked it out snd its not the clash sensor. In this vid I do it with the switch connected to the battery not to the switch wires, and start with out sensor, then at about 1:05 I plug it back in, then at 1:16 I unplug the led, then at 2:20 unplug the sensor. WHats going on?

jjshumpert
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
thats the problem, your switch is in the battery route and not on the board... take the switch off the battery lead and back on the purple wires and everything should jive...

had the same problem on the 5w with mr setup when i had to use 2 switches or i would lose the power down font. try what i sugjested and let me know if it clears up the problem...

ti-el_terall
04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
The only reason I had switche dit was because you said that it might have been because its a different switch. Dont know what to do know.

jedi tom
04-15-2007, 05:32 AM
video no worky :(

ti-el_terall
04-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Are you sure? Im still working on this, if anyone has any idea whats wrong please help.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Try the switch on the boards switch leads if it works find then theres your problem.

ti-el_terall
04-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I have. It still messes up.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
humm. I would say its prolly the clash sencor messing up but its on the board. so it cant get damaged much like the others.

hummI dont know, maybe its just a deffective board?

Novastar
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
The board sounds like it is working (if it even produces the SW sounds)... so I doubt it's the board... all I can think of is:

* Faulty switch -- did you try a completely different switch? In BOP I, we had a THRONG of switch issues, mainly because the switches weren't tough enough.

* If you get the saber hum sound... yet when you trigger a clash... does it "cycle on" again? Might be the wiring of the clash sensor. Some MRs have this wiring differently.

Other things that I can't tell about have to do with hearing the sounds from your setup. I can't tell if you have the hum and swing noises. But it DOES sound like your saber is "cycling" on and off--that isn't the clash sound... is it??

Jay-gon Jinn
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
He said he got it working over in the share pics of your sabers thread. Something wrong with the battery pack, I think.