PDA

View Full Version : Celebration 4

987654321a
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey guys this is the official Celebration IV topic.
here we discuss whos going
if your going where we can meet
what your going to do
etc
ill start off, im going and ive never been to a celebration so i guess it will be my first. i know others are comin out from here. i was thinking we all meet somewhere inside where its more about star wars. lol thats everywhere, but anyways we should all meet outside and then go in together. there we can walk around and share ideas, or whatever.

Lord Maul
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
nope, i live too far away and don't got the $$$. and there's no way i'm convincing my parents :|

987654321a
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
awwww man that sucks, why dont ya save up for it? even if ya dont get to come just use the money for more sabers.

and tim if you are reading this, it would be nice to see you for the first time at C4

Ryma Mara
04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I could go if I had the cash. maybe next celabration.

Jedi-Loreen
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm going, but I will be heavily involved in Rebel Legion/501st stuff.

My Rebel Legion Base is the host Base for this, since we are in So. Cal.

Jedi Ranger
04-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm going!

Hopeing to meet Corbin and Acerocket in person.

SaberGirl
04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
As much as we'd love to come see you guys, our new little Padawan is due soon, so we'll be a little busy :)

987654321a
04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
aww congradulations.

Lord Maul
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
As much as we'd love to come see you guys, our new little Padawan is due soon, so we'll be a little busy :)

congrats sabergirl and strydur :D
be sure to post pics :wink:

Jedi Ranger
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Wow! Congrats!

Anakin_Skywalker
04-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Im not going because of my 7 little brother and sister and a new baby coming out next month.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Congrats guys!

DACOTA
04-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I was gonna go a with my friend and his dad and right as I went to buy the tix he called and said we are not going and I remembered that we are both going to somthing really important that we cant cancel or not go to.We could have just gone on a different day of the important thing or the first day of c4 but his dad did not want to go to a different day of the thing or do all the driving for both so,yeah. :x :cry:

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
dude where is it and what time i might make it. :D

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
It's May 24-28, in Los Angeles.

If you haven't already made plans for this, good luck. Most of the hotels within a few miles are sold out for that time period.

Im not going because of my 7 little brother and sister and a new baby coming out next month.

Are you saying 7 yr old brother and sister, or that you have 7 brothers and sisters? :shock: You seem to have a thing about not using plural or possessive forms. If you really have that many kids in your family, I think it's time for your parents to stop having kids!

And if you're only 12, you're not likely to come by yourself, anyway, so that would be an added expense to have an adult come with you.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 04:55 PM
damn iv never been to a convention i guess it what we are talking about and iv always wanted to go to one. at least ill a saber when the next one rolls around. :cry:

Lord Maul
04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
J-Lo, one of my friends has 10 kids, with another one on the way :shock:

Anakin_Skywalker
04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
If C4 was on a Labor Day weekend,I would be there because my aunt took me to Sea World to see Shammu and the beach in San Diego.I wanted to meet all of you guys in person.Wish it was on a Labor Day weekend.

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 08:07 PM

That's insane. :shock:

It takes a lot of money to raise that many kids.

I guess it's a good thing there are people like me who will never have any kids, to sort offset the population explosion just a little bit.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM

That's insane. :shock:

It takes a lot of money to raise that many kids.

I guess it's a good thing there are people like me who will never have any kids, to sort offset the population explosion just a little bit.

im atl least gonna have one kid. i mean how else will i keep the geek population alive? :twisted:

you could always adopt a kid that always helps. im sure there is some famlyless kid out there that would think you were the greatest parent in the world!

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Nah, I'm just not the kid type.

If I'd wanted one, I'd have one already, and it would probably be an adult by now. Though I never really met a man I wanted to have any with, while I was still young enough to think I wanted any.

I don't really want to try raising one as a single woman, anyway.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Nah, I'm just not the kid type.

If I'd wanted one, I'd have one already, and it would probably be an adult by now. Though I never really met a man I wanted to have any with, while I was still young enough to think I wanted any.

I don't really want to try raising one as a single woman, anyway.

i understand kids arent for everyone. with the remark you just made it raises a question about how old you are. so with all do respect how old are you?

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I will be 48 in September. *sigh*

At least I don't feel my age. Or look my age, either.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Girl%20Jedi/SUNP0022a1.jpg

I hang out with people younger than me most of the time.

And hobbies like saber building, prop making, leather working, Star Wars, help keep me young.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
aye to that! it the only reason i still feel young. i hang out with my lil bro and his freinds its alot more fun. somewhere along the way as you get older you tend to forget how important it is to have fun. so i stick with the my bros freinds they help keep me young while i keep them out of trouble. most of the time :roll:

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I will be 48 in September. *sigh*

At least I don't feel my age. Or look my age, either.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Girl%20Jedi/SUNP0022a1.jpg

I hang out with people younger than me most of the time.

And hobbies like saber building, prop making, leather working, Star Wars, help keep me young.

oh and for the record you look good and your not old till you refuse to be young. you can quote me on that if you like. :wink:

Barmic Rin
04-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Maul, are they setting up their own football team?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eleven! I'm aiming for two!

Lord Maul
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
their oldest is out of college, and their youngest is not yet born :shock: :shock:

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I think its something like at 8 or more kids your excemp from haveing to file taxes or some jazz like that.

Its been a while sence I read that so I dont know what things have changed.

fau-pa ramid
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
thats just to many kids. :shock:

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah I know, IMO one is to much

987654321a
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
just give them up for adoption. :lol:

Novastar
04-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I'll be there with two members of both the original Balance of Power team (EP I) and these two are also in the current one (EP II).

My hopes were to meet Corbin, Tim, Alex and Erik... but it appears Tim will be busy! Congrats Tim on the new arrival... :)

Anyone know if Ultra (Alex) is going?

supertrogdor
04-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I am glad someone was able to re-rail this topic, Congrats to Tim on the upcoming new Youngling!! Not going to C4 myself, something about already taking off too much time off work, but that is another story for misc. topics and gives this thread a chance to stay on topic for a fraction of a page or so.

Novastar
04-20-2007, 09:30 AM
No worries Trog...

Corbin and I were just speaking about putting together a big contact sheet with people's name, cell phone, and finding times to get together to do the following:

1. Check out workshops, meet celebs together
2. Do some dueling, heheh
3. Promote TCSS and LED sabers in general
4. Check out what sabers people have made and discuss/learn/get ideas from one another
5. Maybe grab some grub together

For anyone who wants to meet myself and some of the BOP I (and BOP II) cast members--again, I'll be there Sunday and Monday, mostly trying to see what Corbin and Erik are up to with the Lux Triad or whatever the heck it will be called "officially"... :)

GFORCE13
04-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Three Reasons why I am going:
1. I live 20 minuetes away.
2. Convinced my boss I needed all that time off(Mind Trick Worked)
3. I have never been to one and I am not missing this one.

Congradulations Styder and SaberGirl on your upcoming birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novastar
04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Cool Gforce... I've never been to a huge nerd convention either. ;)

I figured C4 was the best way to meet Corbin face-to-face (because he was my main saber designer for BOP I)... meet Erik (Acerocket)... see some new technologies... help to promote Erv's new stuff b/c it's so cool...

...and just have fun saying hello to whomever would like to meet myself and others from the cast of BOP I/BOP II.

I also want to do some saber combat with anyone who wants to do so... and see what people's techniques are like... :)

GFORCE13
05-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Only 3 more weeks and the funny thing is tommorrow morning will be 3rd time this week I have driven right past the La Convention Center making a delivery to LA DWP for my work. :)

Novastar
05-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Sweet, G... lucky you're so close.

I may as well say that is why I'm going. I don't recall where the last three Celebrations were... but I don't think any of them were near San Jose, CA. Since this one's in L.A. -- I'm obliged to drive down after the opening of BOP II.

Also--for anyone who wants to see the video of it, I'll be glad to show them what we get on film...

Plus, anyone who wants me to videotape some staged combat and later have them be able to post video--I'm down with that. :)

...but only if you show me some FUN, ***Y stuff with the choreo... none of this two taps, then circle... two taps, then circle garbage! hahahh...

:D

Stormtrooper: "I AM A STORMTROOPER."
Triumph: "You are a huge nerd!"

Jay-gon Jinn
05-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Nova, Celebrations II and III were both in Indianapolis, Ind., but I'm not sure where Celebration I was held...Sad thing is, I didn't get to either of them, and they were only 6 hrs. drive from where I live.

I'd love to be going to Celebration IV, but I just don't have the money to go, and it's on Memorial Day weekend. We always go camping with our trailer that weekend with my family, so Celebration IV is out for me.

GFORCE13
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
This is for everyone that is coming from out of state and this will be your first trip to LA, I have driven past the Convention Center more than 10 times this week and finally on the way to a SW bowling Event I snapped a couple of Pictures. I am also enclosing the link.
http://www.lacclink.com/eventcal/calendar.aspx
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/DSC00287.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/DSC00286.jpg

Corbin_Das
05-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I suppose I should chime in here and verify..... I AM going.

I'll be getting into L.A. on the 23rd and basically getting the feel for everything. I'll likely be meeting up with Ace and picking up my Killer Penny saber too. If others live in the area and would like to meet up the day before the convention, that's cool too.
I'm staying until the night of Monday the 28th. I think my flight leaves at 11:30PM local time. Talk about taking the "red eye" home. :twisted: I think I get home like 9AM the next morning.

Anyway, I'm collecting cell phone numbers if you're going to be there and want to try and meet up for any of the things Novastar mentioned. I intend on having a MHS kit there with several MHS parts to chage out to demonstrate the flexibility of the system. Of course, most of you here already know about it, but some there won't.
I'll also have my Killer Penny saber, my ancient Maius saber and likely my Mai-Yuun stunt saber with carbon fiber blade. I'm going to have a fun time carrying them all, I'm sure.

Corbin

Novastar
05-07-2007, 04:48 AM
I hear ya, I guess I'll probably be carrying several sabers as well. I mean, I *KNOW* I'm bringing:

* Flange v3 (Green K2 @ 1.3A w/ CFv1.2, 10.5")
* Charontas v2 (Staff--resistors only)
* Seraphim (Alex's v1 cyan saber, 9" FX)
* Seraphim II (Alex's royal blue)
* Magnus (Red-O claw saber)

If you want me to bring any of the BOP I sabers Corbin (so you can see what progressions/alterations were made) let me know.

All but one of the BOP I sabers have undergone re-wiring to remain super solid while under duress.

GFORCE13
05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Cool I am really looking forward to seeing the MHS in person since I haven't built one yet. Corbin since I know you were concerned about where to store things monday after the C4 closes maybe you could store it at my house and then I will drop you at LAX. 8)

Jedi-Loreen
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not doing Jedi during the Con, so I won't have my MHS saber with me.

TorLinWaDur
05-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I will be there, just need to figure out how to be there.

anyone around orange county, i can carpool with please PM me. I am willing to pay for gas.

thanks

GFORCE13
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I will be there, just need to figure out how to be there. In case you can't find a OC Car Pool another option to consider is the Metro Link, I know there is a station right across from the Convetion Center, I am really considering it to avoid the $12.00 Parking Fee's and the traffic hassles.

Corbin_Das
05-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Is the Metro link a bus station basically? I'm needing a way to get back and forth from my hotel to the Con. I'm about 5 or 6 miles away.

Corbin

GFORCE13
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Corbin I really hope it is 6 miles and not 56miles(that isn't even in La County)
Pm me with the Hotel Name and I will let you know the easiest way. Here are the Metro Link Links: http://www.metrolinktrains.com/
http://www.mta.net/default.asp
Ps: I have never ridden any of them but I know where most of the stations are.

Jedi-Loreen
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
56? :P I don't even live that far away!

What hotel are you staying at, Corbin? Is there a shuttle from there to the Con?

The Metrolink I know about is a train. I don't know if it's also a bus service.

I had considered taking the Metrolink from Fullerton, but I want to have my car, so I can bring a change of clothes for after Con stuff, and the Metrolink only runs so late.... :roll:

My costumes have a lot of stuff, that won't all fit into a back pack. Especially my Fleet Trooper Helmet! :shock:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Fleet%20Trooper/9a981a17.jpg

GFORCE13
05-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Jedil Loreen I could see where the Helmet would be a problem but it is nice thought. Well I just had the best experience, I hadn't bothered checking the mail on to my surprise our badges came so here is a little preview picture for those who haven't seen them yet.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/DSC00291.jpg :D

Corbin_Das
05-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Sorry about the 56 thing. I went back and edited that immediately, but I must not have been paying much attention. My buddy spilled soda pop on my keyboard 2 days ago and the 5 and the 6 are a little sticky still, so when I press the 5, I sometimes get the 6 to depress too.

I'm 5 or 6 miles away. I'm staying at the Vagabond Inn in Bell Gardens.

Corbin

P.S. Anyone that hasn't already done so, please PM me if you're going to C4 and would like to be a part of the get together we're all trying to arrange. I'm trying to collect cell phone numbers, if you have them, as well as giving mine out.

Novastar
05-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Corbin, I'm on it as well for a contact list.

By the way, you should be able to go in my vehicle (at least on Sunday night + Monday AM, etc.) since I'll be there...

Depends on how much gear ya have though!!! :)

GFORCE13
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Well here is the unofficial schedule:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celebration_IV#Schedule

Halcyon the Righteous
05-16-2007, 09:45 AM
sweet, i'm lookin forward! we've only got a little more than a week left!

I'll be bringing three of my randomsabers and i'm really lookin to see TCSS system in person, as well as the penny killer.

Corbin_Das
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I look forwrd to meet you all too. I'm sure the KP saber does too. :D

Halcyon the Righteous
05-16-2007, 03:22 PM
did you install a brain into that thing corbin?

So any news on the meeting, and are yo guys getting a table to promote the company?

987654321a
05-16-2007, 05:09 PM
i think all we are gonna do is meet up have fun, share sabers and sorta advertise tcss, well at least im going to :D ill have my mps tomorow to review it. im hoping to duel someone.

Halcyon the Righteous
05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
ill be sure to buy a dowel rod on my way to the convention...because its ON!!!!!

Corbin_Das
05-16-2007, 08:51 PM
did you install a brain into that thing corbin?

So any news on the meeting, and are yo guys getting a table to promote the company?

*sings* If I only had a brain.....

Sorry, Wizard of Oz reference.

No brains were installed into the KP saber. No brains were harmed in the making of the KP saber (mostly). Individual results may vary. One per customer. No money back. Limited time only. Batteries not included (actually they are). External use only. Free shipping. Not available in all States. Act now. Operators are standing by.

:D

We're NOT having a table at C4. I'll just be wandering around meeting folks and calling people to arrange a time when we can all get together for dinner or whatever.

Corbin

P.S. So long as the people running C4 don't mind us dueling, I suspect there will be dueling.

GFORCE13
05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
ill be sure to buy a dowel rod on my way to the convention...because its ON!!!!! Just let me know what dia blade and type I might have and extra you could use. 8)

sings* If I only had a brain.....

Sorry, Wizard of Oz reference.

No brains were installed into the KP saber. No brains were harmed in the making of the KP saber (mostly). Individual results may vary. One per customer. No money back. Limited time only. Batteries not included (actually they are). External use only. Free shipping. Not available in all States. Act now. Operators are standing by.
Corbin you kill me that is some funny stuff (sound of me falling of my chair) it's a shame you won't have a booth but I am sure this is going to be an awesome SW Week anyway and there should be plenty of stuff to check out and do, there will defintiely be an CSS get together. 8)

Novastar
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I'll be happy to teach everyone who's interested:

1. My staged combat system... which is EXTREMELY easy-to-grasp, but it has a variety of ways it can be implemented to create "robust" choreography with even simplistic patterns.

2. Some of the BOP II choreography itself... and certainly some from BOP I.

3. Show how footwork is IMMENSELY more important than bladework in most cases. Without good or great footwork--your choreo will look pretty lousy no matter what you do.

For anyone out there who has ever made what they thought to be some AWESOME fight moves... rehearsed them with your pal... and found that you were both "off" a lot of times... ...you filmed it, and felt that it looked pretty stupid for some reason... and so you could NEVER PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT... that is what is happening. Footwork.

If you think about it, it makes sense. You wouldn't build half of a saber and expect it to work... so how can you "fight" when you only focus on the upper HALF of your body? ;)

Sorry to de-rail the thread, but you know... basically Novastar staged combat workshop if you want it. Sunday or Monday. :D

and your little dog too. :twisted:

Halcyon the Righteous
05-17-2007, 12:01 PM
sweet. I'm good at "combat" so i'm lookin forward to exchanging techniques and learning new things.

And Gforce, my sabers hold 3/4" blades.

Corbin_Das
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I agree that a separate thread might be in order to discuss choreography. But I concure that footwork is extremely important to making everything work. Otherwise, it's like having the perfect house built without a foundation to support it.

Corbin

GFORCE13
05-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Novastar I am definitely interested and will be hitting you up at C4.

Halycon in 3/4" Dia I only have 2 40" EL.

Corbin_Das
05-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there. Is there any last minute things you can think of you'd like to have me bring? I'm working on a couple MHS sabers, as well as perhaps a 1.25" sinktube one and maybe my Luxed up Graflex. Of course, I'll have my KP saber, the Malius saber and my Mai-Yuun saber that's a carbon fiber bladed stunt version.

Now, how I'm going to carry them all, THAT'S the question.

Corbin

GFORCE13
05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Many Thanks Corbin for helping me in my hour of need and bringing the part to finish my Lux Hilt with you. :D

Corbin_Das
05-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Always a pleasure.
It was nice talking with you on the phone too. See you there.

Corbin

Halcyon the Righteous
05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
dont worry about the blades, i'll bring something.

anyways, Corbin, i can't wait to see those sabers, just wrap them up in a scarf (each in a spearte scarf or cloth) and put em in a backpack, thats what I do.

by the way, i still haven't gotten a final contact list from anyone.

CaelestisMiles
05-21-2007, 02:15 PM
:( i want to go now :(

northern NY is a bit too far away.

Novastar
05-21-2007, 06:40 PM
The FINAL list I have is this:

Matthew "Novastar"
Noon Sunday & all of Monday

Joe M. "Corbin Das"
All of them I think...

Erik "AceRocket"
Thurs., Sat., part of Mon.?

Phil "Cael Nordiun"
contact Nova
(part of the BOP I & II team)
Monday

Lori "Jedi Loreen"
Sat., Sun., part of Mon.

Charles "Maelscarm or Mamjamma"
contact Nova
(part of the BOP I & BOP II team)
Monday

Kris "Jedi Ranger"
All Four Days

Jeff "Xen"
Sunday early to end

Soheil "987654321 Sequentius"
Sunday only

Marc "GForce13"
?

Joe L. "Kit Fisto / Kit Nihilus"
All Four Days

Flynn "Flynn"(?) NYJedi creator... :), also Jester Mermelstein, Damon Honeycutt, Bob Iannaconne, Rich Bosco
???

Kuba "Halcyon"
All Four Days

Tory "Torlin"
Saturday & Sunday

Brian "Gundamaniac"
All Four Days

Ethan "Ryu-kenjitsu" (and his father :)

Could be more, but I don't know. Off to focus on BOP II now... :D

987654321a
05-21-2007, 06:42 PM
well i have some really unfortunate news. i cant go because i am really busy that day, someone invited my family and i to their party so i would be really busy.

edit- on the other hand i might be able to go still so no worries until then.

Jedi-Loreen
05-22-2007, 01:20 AM
I forgot to update the days I'll be there. Planning on being there Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and probably not Monday.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-22-2007, 07:13 AM
To everyone that is going:
Have a safe trip there and back, have fun, and take tons of pics and videos for those of us who are stuck doig other things this weekend! :lol:

GFORCE13
05-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Well I will be there for all 6 Days just came back home from the 6Ep Movie Marathon and there were already people lining up for Fan Day. :wink:

987654321a
05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
well i am sad right now that i cannot go. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Novastar
05-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Ack. Countdown/98765... HOW am I supposed to cross LED sabers with ya if you're not there?? :)

Sorry to hear that buddy--we'll shoot some video just for you.

Any requests? lol

GFORCE13
05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear that buddy--we'll shoot some video just for you. Actually there already has been some video shot of the Killer Penny in action and it was great finally getting to meet up with guys yesterday. 8)

Halcyon the Righteous
05-25-2007, 09:30 AM
well i actually wont be there monday, and being the doofus i am, i did the worst thing i could do in this situation

I forgot my ticket.

Thats right i'm an idiot, but my mum is sending it and it should arrive here tomorrow morning so i'm gunna try to talk to someone at the convention and maybe get me in, but otherwise i wont be there frida, but Corbin has my number so txt or give me a call if you guys are going out to lunch or something, and i'll work it out so i can join you.

Have fun, and maybe i'll see you there. I'll be lookin for some cool sabers to distinguish you guys from everyone else.

Cheers,
Kuba

acerocket
05-25-2007, 01:32 PM
So, I'm putting in my 'honest day's work' and I get an incoming transmission from two Jedi this morning. Seems they were on their way to a big Jedi get-together on the planet Los Angeles (in the California system) and are in need of some repairs to a couple of their lightsabers. They tried to effect repairs themselves, but their ship, the Mercedes, did not have the proper equipment. Being the nice guy I am, I gave them a hand (hey, it's better than being the victim of a Jedi mind trick). Got their sabers fixed and back on their way.

supertrogdor
05-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Well done, Ace, may the california system be ever vigillant in their grattitude for you... You know the good guys are always underappreciated, or so it seems

Halcyon the Righteous
05-27-2007, 02:00 AM
got my ticket and have been roaming around, its great fun and all the guys from TCSS are really nice! I'm lovin the KP, its truly amazing in person

987654321a
05-27-2007, 03:14 AM
i might be going today ill call you joe if i can

Novastar
05-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Tight, Ace! Way to go...

See you all in a bit... I'm leaving soon.

By the way, the second BayCon performance was OFF THE CHAIN! The audience was cheering and clapping for nearly every moment... it was SICK. :)

The ceiling was a little bit dangerously low for my back flip, but I did it anyhow. Pretty fun... :)

I won't be able to POST footage until I return from C4... but people can see a little if they are there AT c4.... :)

elrond.406
05-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Aww man! I made it to LA, a seven hour drive. :P Now, my parents are suddenly saying that it is a waste of $$$ to go to C4 :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have failed... :oops:

vortextwist
05-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Aww man! I made it to LA, a seven hour drive. :P Now, my parents are suddenly saying that it is a waste of $$$ to go to C4 :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have failed... :oops:

nope it's your parents who have failed you.

TorLinWaDur
05-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I did not go.

it's sad i had this list of people, but none of them responded when i called or emailed them.

i was hoping to carpool up with someone, but i guess that was out of the question. i would have paid for gas and such.

im just very disappoint in that i did not go because of this.

oh well.

Hasid Lafre
05-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Hay folkd just be luckey you had a chance to go. Some of us dident have that chance.

I would of gave anything to go.

Guess I have to wait till c5 when ever that will be.

987654321a
05-28-2007, 10:03 AM
heck i didnt go.

acerocket
05-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Well I managed to make it Thursday, Saturday (for a couple hours with my son) and Monday (for a couple hours also). Was not overly impressed with the Celebration itself. I really wanted to see the archives but was disappointed in what they had available. I'm not much of a collector so the sales tables didn't hold much for me either (except the Legos booth). But I did have a blast getting to meet several denizens of the TCSS forum. I met Corbin, GFORCE13, Kit Fisto, Novastar, and a few others whose names I can't recall at the moment. The KP was warmly received even though it had some teething problems. I even helped Corbin with a few problems that popped up on Thursday evening. Corbin was really working the crowd. Seems everywhere we went he got stopped by someone who was curious about the MHS sabers he had. Anyways, I had a good time and met several very nice people with whom I share a common interest.

Halcyon the Righteous
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
aye. I too was kinda dissapointed, but it was great to meet a lot of you guys (corbin, GForce, Novasta) and chat about sabers. Cant wait till CV (which I hope will be better) I'll post pics of our saber meetin eventually

Novastar
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi all... regarding the "C4 Aftermath", I just want to say that for those who met me... remember, I drove 6 hours from SJ after staying up all night after performing BOP II at our debut in San Mateo, CA.

...so, if I seemed tired, or was not all "there" the entire time, you might be able to imagine why. :)

Also, my g/f was with me, and she is NOT any kind of SW fan. So, I wanted to make sure she wasn't always "left sitting there" all the time... which was tough to do, since there were so many people to meet and learn from / share with.

As to my STUPID PHONE... apparently I do *NOT* get coverage in L.A. Great. Corbin can attest to that if you thought I was flaking, heheh.

But it was cool to finally meet some people I've only chatted with via "posts"... face to face.

I will post video footage soon enough.

Corbin_Das
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi all
C4 was a blast. It was cool to see a bunch of faces to put with hte names from the forum. I enjoyed getting to talk with folks and "talk shop" a bit too. I got to show off the KP saber (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1597) as well as a couple MHS setups.

Corbin

Jedi Ranger
05-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Awww......I missed meeting anyone, except for Corbin and Acerocket on Wednesday. I wore my TCSS shirt 3 separate days, and my costume on 2 days (Friday & Monday), and my Calgary FanForce t-shirt on Wednesday. Thursday was the only day I didn't make it completely through, as I was awake for over 34 hours by the time ANH rolled around in the Marathon. And that hall "K" was getting REALLY cold with just shorts and a t-shirt on.

I was looking forward to seeing the KP saber in person.

One person (Halcyon) from the RS forums did approach me, on Friday, though.

Anyway, I'm FINALLY back home, after a 2.5hr flight and then a 2hr drive.

It's going to be a while before I sort through and upload my pics and vid clips.

Corbin_Das
05-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi Ranger
The number I had for you turned out to be wrong, so I had no way of contacting you. It was cool to have met you on Wednesday, but I wished we could have met at the con too.

I hung out with Halcyon a bit too. Real nice guy.

Corbin

Novastar
05-30-2007, 02:28 AM
I hope everyone enjoys the vids.

CORBIN & NOVASTAR: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SGs7_zeK5-s
NOVASTAR, JEN, and CAEL: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jY-WcykE68M
"TRIUMPH" the comic... human??: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Smv9raDQWZ4

I can't say I was impressed much with the event itself, but overall, the people I met seemed cool, and it was great to see the lavish costumes, and in some cases... some very interesting sabers!

pockets
05-30-2007, 05:49 AM
nice vids nova, i really liked the first one

Jay-gon Jinn
05-30-2007, 07:44 AM
I like the addition of the music to the vids, Nova. Nicely done and very cool!

SilentBob501
05-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Jedi Ranger, Im hurt! You saw me at C4 on Friday. I came up to you and said hi. You dont remember? :cry:

TorLinWaDur
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Corbin - I tried to contact you via phone, but i got the wrong number somehow.

on the other hand, i heard someone called me on sunday, but i couldn't tell who it was, noisy background, but i heard something about meeting up. but anyway, thanks for the invite who ever did called.

i just wished the people on the list would have emailed me back or phone me if i can ride up and stay with them at hotel or something, i would have gladly pay for my share.

anyway, i hope you all had a great time at C4, and i hope the next adventure we can meet up.

off the topic: im planning to be on the way to San Diego at the ending week of July, for Comic Con. If anyone of you are going, we shall try to meet up.

987654321a
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
anyone see the guy in a cheerleader outfit with a double maul?

DACOTA
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
That was funny maul ate another maul. :lol:

Maybe he was going to black angus. :lol:

Cool.

Halcyon the Righteous
05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Silent Bob!!! I saw you at the dance and me and my uncle got some great vids of, if i find you and Jay doin the Clerks 2 dance, i'll post it.

And it was great meetin you novastar, and you too Corbin, thanks for the compliment. I have to say, meetin with a bunch of people who won't judge you and are incredibly nice was kinda refreshing.

It was great seein you too Ranger, though a shame you didn't tag onto our meeting.

SilentBob501
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Whoa Sorry Halcyon, I think u got me confused with another Bob. My GF and I didnt make it to the dance, and I didnt dress as SilentBob. I wore generic jedi robes to C4 and my GF was Jaina Solo. (Though I think most people thought we were the twins) I'll post some pics as soon as I get off my lazy ass and download them from my camera.

xwingband
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Nova,

Those videos are very entertaining!

I thought I heard you say something to the effect of "Sweet, you have a plecter too." Did they? I've wanted to see two plecters together for like a duel. Sweetness.

To me conventions are all about meeting the people. I hope to go to C5 should it happen.

Hasid Lafre
05-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Dude the kid is dressed up like dark helmet!

Maul ate another maul thats awsome.

Poor del sol
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/RymaMara/Misc%20Pics/Poorhondadelsol.jpg

Halcyon the Righteous
05-30-2007, 07:17 PM
sorry Bob, i just assumed because of th name. Though there was a dead on Jay and silent bob duo who were atthe dane, i'll post the video anyway :D

Novastar
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Nova,

Those videos are very entertaining!

I thought I heard you say something to the effect of "Sweet, you have a plecter too." Did they? I've wanted to see two plecters together for like a duel. Sweetness.

To me conventions are all about meeting the people. I hope to go to C5 should it happen.Hi X to the Z... glad you liked them. And let's see... I had two Plecters wired up there (a red and green, seen in the videos), and YES there was "Maxim", who is a French guy, and has one of the super-early original Plecter boards + a hilt designed by someone named Old Yoda... not sure who it is.

Funny thing is, while he was talking to me, he said, "ah yes, it is a plecter--the sounds are by someone named Novastar, a very nice sound set"... lol. So I told him, that's me, hehehhe

"Maxim" is very very cool--I respect the original costume--sort of mixing Maximus & SW. Cool.

Marsupial
05-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Being that "Maxim" is a french guy, my guess is that its spelled "Maxime" :P

Old Yoda is a french machinist sabermaker. If you'd read french I'd forward you to erv's forums where he's mentionned quite a few times.
I might be wrong, but I believe his website is
http://levieuxjedi.neuf.fr/index.html
here's his sith saber:
http://levieuxjedi.neuf.fr/100_4264.JPG

must feel weird when someone mentions you about your work not knowing you're you... (does that sentence makes sense?)

Hasid Lafre
05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes it makes sence and that saber is ...I dont know I like it but Iam not sold on the emitter.

Corbin_Das
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Your sentence makes sense. And yes, it IS weird having someone refer to you in the 3rd person when they don't know who you are. It happened to me a few times at C4. They would say "This sabers uses Corbin film" or "I'm using a Corbin driver". When I told them I was Corbin, they shook my hand and seemed happy to meet me. One of them actually asked for my autograph. :? That was weird, but I signed a business card for him.I signed one other autograph at C4 too. A guy recognized the KP and assumed I was Corbin. I think my sabers are more famous then I am, which is cool with me. :D

Corbin

Halcyon the Righteous
05-31-2007, 04:24 PM
ha ha! you're a saber celebrity Corbin!

Lord Maul
05-31-2007, 04:27 PM
LOL
that's funny corbin!

Marsupial
05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
do I smell limited edition "corbin's signature" sabers?

Corbin_Das
06-01-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure WHAT that smell is? :P

Barmic Rin
06-01-2007, 04:45 AM
It's the smell of geek sweat! Moisture build up due to meeting one of the celebrities within our little community!

It's like I said to Ravage the other week, he & Fau-pa had basically invented TCSS trading cards!!!!! You gotta get the signature edition cards out there!

I'm still looking for the limited edition silver-foil J-lo to complete my 'shinies' collection! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hasid Lafre
06-01-2007, 05:36 AM
That would be pritty sweet. Corbin series sabers.

Could be a cool addition to the store if tim wants to sell compleated sabers.

Maybe have a stunt series with dueling blade then a lightup saber using his driver :)

Barmic Rin
06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Where would he find the time?

I'm still up for the collectors cards, I mean the 501st have them!

Ours can match the calendar!

(lovin the sig Hasid!)

GFORCE13
06-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Awesome Corbin, I really like the Idea of the Corbin Limited Editon Saber.
But here is a clip of the SW Family Guy presentation for everybody whom did not get to see it at C4http://www.devilducky.com/media/62681/

Lord Maul
06-09-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

that was priceless gforce

vortextwist
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
that was great!!!

Novastar
06-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Best.

SW.

Clip.