PDA

View Full Version : young anakin solo costume

kinchar bamin
04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
i am currently designing an anakin solo costume for SWCE and I need help finding all of the materials for this costume.
http://www.thecustomalliance.com/glassman/gg-anakinsolo-young1.jpg
okay ,it's just a model of him but can anyone reccomend me the fabrics for this kind of costume :?: if anyone can i would be very very very very very (takes deep breath) very very very very very greatful.

Barmic Rin
04-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Kinchar, you're a brit right?
Try your nearest Fabric warehouse. The fabric for my tunics cost about 4.50 a metre, so grab about 3 or 4mtrs, that'll see you fine.
Just look at their cotton weave section, see which you prefer. (and if you can find a decent member of staff in there, let me know! They suck at my local one! Damn college kids! :P )

Can't help with those boots unless you get Luke farmboy ones, but they'll set you back quite abit with import tax etc. I'd just settle on riding boots or something along those lines. as Anakin wasn't an on-screen character, I don't think most peeps will mind your interpretation of him.

You might get away with a small/ medium belt from smokespoon on ebay if you're on a budget, or try someone like momeraths24. Again, be appear of import costs.

Ryma Mara
04-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Oh and remember to pre wash before you start making stuff, Theres a topic over at the jedi assembly about what fabrics will shrink and what wont.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 06:46 AM
How's this for a costume pic?
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jacensolo/img/eu2_bg.jpg

Jay-gon Jinn
04-14-2007, 11:01 AM
That should be an easy outfit to put together. That above pic is a great reference image. Anakin wears a simple tunic and then it looks like a vest similar to Luke's in ROTJ, with just a belt, and no Obi (waist sash). Pants should be easy enough, just find some off-white cotton khaki's. It looks the hardest part would be getting the layered look on the vest, which really isn't that hard. You'll just need to guess at what the vest looks like from behind!

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I thought i'd post a better pic coz getting a reference from a 4" figure is just crazy.
Would padawansguide.com or similar have the template for the vest if he based it on Lukes?

It's those boots that'll be the real problem.

Ryma Mara
04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
They remind me of lukes

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/111904luke_05.jpg

Lukes are on the left anakins are on the right.

Now the blind eye tells me they maybe the same boots.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
They are based on Lukes, but I haven't seen anywhere that does them of a decent quality.
I'm figuring that for trooping, a standard pair of boots would suffice. I can't see anyone picking up on it... If they do, they deserve slapping! :lol:

Ryma Mara
04-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought lukes boots were like mokasins that wrapted around the leg.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
No, just normal boots with a wrap around them would probably be the most effective way to get them done.

Kinchar, if you have a Debenhams near you, go into there haberdashery dept and take a look at the 'simplicity' patterns they have there for the vest. It won't be listed as a star wars pattern, but have a look in the costumes catalogue for the elven/medieval style patterns

Jay-gon Jinn
04-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Are you absolutely sure that figure has the same boots as the character in the novels? That figure was probably made using a Luke's legs. I would guessyou could easily get away with simple brown riding boots. Being you're in Britain, I think that would be very easy to do.

Ryma Mara
04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:AnakinSolo_negtc.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Solokids_NewEssential.jpg

best pics I could find on wookiee that showed his boots.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
There are pics of his boots as the Luke style ones on the NJO japanese book covers, just can't find them.

And not everyone over here has easy access to riding boots! It's Great Britain, not a Country club!!!

Lord Maul
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Barmic, i'm pretty sure the simplicity patterns were pulled from shelves for some reason

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Not all the Simplicity patterns, silly, just the Star Wars costume ones have been pulled. :roll:

Barmic Rin
04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
The second pattern, based on Obi/Ani & Palps, was so close that when the guy making the ST armor 'from original molds' got sued by big George, Simplicity withdrew them and burnt them.

Doesn't even need a star wars one, like I said, go for Medieval or Elven.
I picked up a Lord of the rings one, with Theoden, Legolas & Elrond patterns for about $10, using Elrond to do an Agen Kolar style robe for my bro at some point. Lazy sob even has me making his saber for him! If I didn't enjoy it so much, there'd be words said!!! :P

CaelestisMiles
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/tapety/tibi_tibi/0001AnakinSolo1.jpg

i've always liked this one the best

kinchar bamin
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
awesome! i'll get to work on that costume and I should get it done on time for celebration europe
p.s. I've got that jacket that ani jr is wearin :wink:

Barmic Rin
04-23-2007, 12:42 PM
See you there dude! i'll be the one giggling like a child whilst playing with Erv's V2 sabers!

kinchar bamin
04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll be the child playing with a luke rotj fx :P lol

kinchar bamin
04-27-2007, 07:53 AM
w8 anybody got a full costume pic of that last pic? :? :?:

CaelestisMiles
05-26-2007, 03:46 PM
w8 anybody got a full costume pic of that last pic? :? :?:

doen't exist. i'm colorblind, and somebody told me that he wears a red shirt underneith a blue jacket, but now my girlfriend is telling me that he's wearing an orange shirt underneith, so I think it's his jumpsuit. Vist a correctional facility for one of those, then just toss on a jacket and some black boots, and i think you have it.

CaelestisMiles
05-26-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.myjumpsuit.com/basicpoplin.html

This should work for both anakin AND jacen

Barmic Rin
05-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Cae, Kinchar is a brit, our jails don't have the orange jumpsuits.

Kin, try your nearest army surplus, though I doubt they'll have it in kids sizes.

CaelestisMiles
05-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Cae, Kinchar is a brit, our jails don't have the orange jumpsuits.

Kin, try your nearest army surplus, though I doubt they'll have it in kids sizes.

how old is kin?

Barmic Rin
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
13, I think. I'm pretty sure he's the youngest active member on here.

Most of us are at least in our 20's.

kinchar bamin
05-27-2007, 04:15 AM
these should be easy items to get . there is an army surplus store next to where my mum works, I've already got the jacket and the trousers, all I need is jumpsuit and boots.

oh and I'm 11

kinchar bamin
07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
thanks for all of your help but I found this costume to hard to make so I just made a sith costume similar to darth mauls instead(will post pics of celebration europe) :D

Barmic Rin
07-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, I was there today, met up with Phil & MattB.
Both very cool.
I'll be there sat & sun too. I'll be with the german 501st for part of 2mo, then probably go into the celeb theatres (spent today shopping on the stalls & duelling younglings!)

C U There dude!

Hasid Lafre
07-14-2007, 03:22 AM
The shirt looks like the culor of 50 year old rust.

As for the rest it looks like a jacket more than a jumpsute.

My guess is he would prolly be wearing something like hans pants but with a more fighter pilot feel to it.

good luck