PDA

View Full Version : 3/4" trans white blade and colored cellophane

duncan29793
02-09-2020, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Going to get back into saber building and do a couple padawan sabers for my niece and nephew. I made a couple for my son years ago and used the 3/4" clear blade with cellophane. Unfortunately that is out of stock and I don't know when it may get restocked so thought about using the trans white blade. I know it will be dulled, but would it still be a viable option to use with colored cellophane and still look decent?

Thanks in advance

scott
02-18-2020, 07:12 PM
Not sure what leds you used back then, but I have both clear with blade film and trans white with film and vastly prefer the trans white, and they are not a whole lot less bright. Maybe give it less wraps, but I don’t like that I can catch the seam at times with the clear blade. Also, pixel blades are amazing!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
02-18-2020, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Going to get back into saber building and do a couple padawan sabers for my niece and nephew. I made a couple for my son years ago and used the 3/4" clear blade with cellophane. Unfortunately that is out of stock and I don't know when it may get restocked so thought about using the trans white blade. I know it will be dulled, but would it still be a viable option to use with colored cellophane and still look decent?

Thanks in advance

I don’t think you’ll see a lot of 3/4” blade stock going forward. Most is either 1” or 7/8” these days.

duncan29793
02-23-2020, 06:16 PM
thanks for the replies.

They are back in stock at the moment. Though I have noticed that 3/4" is harder to find. I may have to find a plastic shop online that sells poly carbonate tubes if I can't get them here in the future.

I wasn't ready for electronics when I made these before and think I am ready to give that a shot now. Back them I used COLORED cellophane in a clear tube to give the appearance of a colored blade for a child's costume. Sorry I should has specified that.

I was asked to make 2 for my niece and nephew for their next costumes, again without LEDs. After that I think I will step up and try to do one with electronics.

scott
02-29-2020, 06:33 PM
Under promise and over deliver! You could easily make it a stunt with light, or even sound with some of the predicted modules!