PDA

View Full Version : New 3D MHS builder

Strydur
01-28-2020, 11:42 AM
We have a beta version live which you can see here..

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuildernew/index.html

Let us know any issues you come across..

We are already aware of the following

-issues with crossguard
-issues with curved piece
-issues with font and image sizes on different resolutions

RavenXp
01-28-2020, 11:50 AM
*brain explodes* Thank you Strydur! Will test it out right now!

RavenXp
01-28-2020, 01:00 PM
Well, I went through and made a couple of designs with it, I didn't run across any bugs other than the ones already listed (so far, going to be doing more testing). Here are some things that I feel are missing, but hopefully are only missing because it is in beta.

-One is the overall length of the build, I find this useful because it let's me know if the parts I have in there are a bit too much.

-Two, the activation boxes. This is kinda a big one as it helps with finding a box that will work as well as possible alignments for the box along the hilt parts.

-Three, the services section is lacking currently. I will grant that adding in powder coat textures as an option might be a bit much with the current beta, especially since there isn't even a fully up to date image list of the current powder coating options.

-Four, image exporting. This was a very very useful function, especially when making a mockup of a hilt to get the alignments right then saving a copy for later.

-Five, Chassis parts should be an addition into the builder, this would help with part selection and knowing things like the speaker mount chassis v6 will fit into your current hilt design.

-Lastly, I would like to see an option to be able to export the 3D model so people with 3D printers can use the model as a base to print out custom chassis.

I'll do additional testing on the beta and report any bugs I find.

Strydur
01-28-2020, 01:32 PM
-One is the overall length of the build, I find this useful because it let's me know if the parts I have in there are a bit too much.
--- Planned

-Two, the activation boxes. This is kinda a big one as it helps with finding a box that will work as well as possible alignments for the box along the hilt parts.
--- Planned

-Three, the services section is lacking currently. I will grant that adding in powder coat textures as an option might be a bit much with the current beta, especially since there isn't even a fully up to date image list of the current powder coating options.
--- Planned

-Four, image exporting. This was a very very useful function, especially when making a mockup of a hilt to get the alignments right then saving a copy for later.
--- Planned but is a pain for technical reasons.. for now screenshot is your friend..

-Five, Chassis parts should be an addition into the builder, this would help with part selection and knowing things like the speaker mount chassis v6 will fit into your current hilt design.
--- Planned...far down the road

-Lastly, I would like to see an option to be able to export the 3D model so people with 3D printers can use the model as a base to print out custom chassis.
--- Not planned for multiple reasons

RavenXp
01-28-2020, 01:39 PM
I can imagine one of those multiple reasons would be plagiarism... yeah, I can see that.

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
01-28-2020, 09:40 PM
It's pretty great! I do miss being able to see prices and length by hovering over the parts in the menu and the right-click and "see part in store" funtion. Other than that and the things already mentioned I love it.

ZrenTobas87
01-29-2020, 07:14 AM
I also can't save my builds so x.x I was able to see my dream saber in the new builder at least though =]

jbkuma
01-29-2020, 08:21 AM
It looks great so far.

I think my only real complaint would be that the previews are a bit hard to see. If the back ground was white or black it might be easier to tell what the parts are. There are so many extensions and they are roughly similar in size and shape, so it's hard to tell which is which without cross referencing to the store.

If you use a scroll wheel to scroll the parts the preview zooms in and out. if you use the scroll over the preview the camera zooms but the parts don't scroll, as expected.

It would be nice if right clicking identified the part number in the menu, or if there was a button that one could click to identify all of the parts in place. Alternatively, if the parts list could move around and clicking on the parts highlighted the part number and/or click on the parts list highlighted the part, it would be easier to identify.

Currently "Edit" is orthographic, but "Cutaway" is in perspective, and "Preview" is in perspective. I think Edit and Cutaway should match since they are in that static editing mode, or there should be an option to toggle between ortho and perspective.

Strydur
01-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Most of what has been mentioned we have already noted and will be worked on. Thanks for testing it out and let us know if you find any other issues or have any other suggestions.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-29-2020, 12:04 PM
Will mobile compatibility be on the hit list?

Strydur
01-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Possibly.. but will not be looked at until we get this nailed down.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-29-2020, 03:44 PM
Possibly.. but will not be looked at until we get this nailed down.

Fair enough, but once it’s nailed down, that would definitely be a positive.

Strydur
02-11-2020, 12:19 PM
We have done quite a few updates lately..

RavenXp
02-11-2020, 12:22 PM
I take that to mean, "Test it again you nerf herders."

RavenXp
02-11-2020, 12:47 PM
The updated thumbnails are very good, easy to tell what part is what. The hover over information is fantastic, even says how many are is stock in the store. One added thing would be to either add in a ETA on restock for out of stock items or a quick link to notify when back in stock. The scrolling issue when using the mouse wheel is fixed. the estimated build size is back which is awesome. Now there just needs to be some activator boxes added into the services section.

Inkedicon
02-11-2020, 01:04 PM
This is a pretty cool thing. I've been playing with it all afternoon.

dannv
02-13-2020, 11:05 AM
This is cool. Thank you.

JamoUp
02-14-2020, 10:04 AM
This is great. My only gripe is that the pommels should by default point their threads opposite that of the blade holders. I keep having to use the flip horizontal feature, which is such a minor thing to have to do. But still. Would be nice.

Also, i s the stock an actual live inventory? it says two left of something there are really only two left?

Any chance we could get switches and clamps and boxes and such in the next update?

Strydur
02-14-2020, 12:37 PM
We plan to switch the pommels or blade holders..

Yes it is a live inventory.

We plan to add other items like switches etc.. but it may be awhile.

Strydur
02-14-2020, 04:29 PM
Beta 1.5 is live

RavenXp
02-14-2020, 06:29 PM
The background color selector is a nice touch, the interface is looking cleaner. I thought of something though, one way you could incorporate the powder coating options is in that right click menu (how you adjust alignment of a part) from in there you could have another option to select a color of the part (to represent the clear powder coats) or texture (for powder coats like black wrinkle). Just a thought.

Strydur
02-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Beta 1.6 is now live... we added a grid pattern which you can turn off/on and size via the background menu.

Mundoc
12-31-2020, 12:33 PM
I am only getting a few options I get the main body, adapter, extension, and the blade holder parts list and that is it. I don't see anything else from the regular builder but it seems very interesting,

Strydur
12-31-2020, 01:27 PM
Did you try a different browser? If you get it to work on one but not another let me know.

darkjedimaster07
01-11-2021, 02:39 PM
just wanted to report an issue when using the angled adapter on the builder parts will only snap to one side of the adaper

Ridire Fíréan
12-26-2023, 04:25 PM
Hey Gang! The Pommel No. 7 does not work properly in the MHS Builder. You can drop it in, but once you place it, you cannot reselect it to move or flip it, nor can you delete it.

Also, the Parts List is not generating any parts, and the the cursor hold-over is not generating anything other than a spinning wait-wheel. :(

Does not work using Firefox 121.0., nor in Edge, nor in Chrome 120.0.6099.130 either.