PDA

View Full Version : No Sound

Goshivan
01-11-2020, 09:15 PM
Is there a button combination on the Crystal Focus 10 that mutes the whole saber? I know about mute-on-the-go but for some reason my whole saber has no sound. I have checked all the wires to the speakers and everything looks good but still nothing. I have also reformatted the card and reinstalled all the files.

RavenXp
01-11-2020, 09:30 PM
Have you updated the firmware on it and used the default package from plecters website?

Goshivan
01-12-2020, 07:05 AM
yeah I have. Its really weird. I think I have a deeper problem though. I was just changing the CF and Nebula fonts over to smooth swing and when i put the card back in and reinstalled the battery things started to go bad. Now when I put the battery in I feel the board getting really hot really fast and I am not sure what is going on. I have checked all my wires on the board but i just don't know what is happening.

Goshivan
01-12-2020, 08:30 AM
ok I was able to hook it up to the RICE program and it is operating around 68*. I was able to get blade ignition through the app and then with the switch. THe only other thing I can think of is that the speaker went bad or something. I don't know what else it could be.

scott
01-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Did you check the speaker wiring with a multimeter to see that you are getting the proper resistance? Not sure if you can see the complete speaker wiring or if a solder joint might have failed, or a wire cut.

Goshivan
01-12-2020, 12:07 PM
I checked the wiring with the multi-meter and the needle pegged so there is current running through. When I was building the saber i damaged the speaker contact a little. I thought I fixed it well enough but maybe it finally gave way. when i touch the meter prongs to the wires on the speaker I hear static in the speaker. I am wondering if I just need a new speaker?