PDA

View Full Version : My Saber is POSSESED!!

Goshivan
01-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Sometimes when I turn on my saber and switch sound fonts the blade will go crazy on ignition. It will play the swing and clash sounds the blade will flash and just go nuts till I turn it off. I will change fonts then go back to that font(and it does this with random fonts)and it will work fine. I have a CFX PlectorPixel blade and good batteries. Anny thoughts would be helpful.....it's livable but just weird!!

WaywardViking
01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
What board is it? I think the quickest and easiest troubleshooting steps you could do is first check the settings on the SD card and /or try reformat the SD card. You can download the original settings for each board on the Plecter Labs website. If that does work you may have an electrical issue...

WaywardViking
01-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Oh also make sure your battery is fully charged...I noticed with my two NBIV builds they go crazy when the battery is going dead.

hectron
01-14-2020, 04:49 AM
Hey! I'm having the exact same problem with a saber I built in December.
I've reformatted the sd card, messed with the config and even tried re-soldering all of the connections on the off-chance I screwed something up.
I posted about it in the Crystal Focus troubleshooting thread, but there have been no responses so far.

AngelOmega
01-24-2020, 02:25 PM
I too am having this issue. my connections are good, and the sd card has been formatted. About 1 to 2 seconds after power on I get a bunch of clash and swing sounds all at the same time. Happens every time and with all sound fonts.

RavenXp
01-24-2020, 04:01 PM
As a first step I would make sure you have the board up to date on the latest firmware. There were some fixes in 10.003C that address this issue. Current beta build is 10.004 I believe.

AngelOmega
01-24-2020, 11:02 PM
Ok, so I've stopped having this issue, and now I'm not getting swings at all. Everything else works just fine, clashes, blasterbolts, lockup. Just no swings, smoothswing or otherwise.

EDIT: And now the LEDS have stopped working

Wildasin
03-22-2020, 07:19 AM
I have a similar issue. Mine was going wild and then it now has no swings whatsoever. Does anyone have a fix for it?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Ok, so I've stopped having this issue, and now I'm not getting swings at all. Everything else works just fine, clashes, blasterbolts, lockup. Just no swings, smoothswing or otherwise.

EDIT: And now the LEDS have stopped working

Sounds like a dead battery to me.

dannv
03-30-2020, 07:57 AM
If your battery is charged, how close is your card to the speaker? I had to be sure mine was more than 1/4" or so away or it did that.