PDA

View Full Version : LED part list?

obiwankenewbie
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
What will i need in addition to the hilt kit available from this store? Im not talkin about decorations such as grip, clip etc, i just mean like sink tube, adapter, blade etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Nate

obiwankenewbie
04-08-2007, 05:31 PM
also, what wattage should i get? i want it to look as true to the movies as possible, not just a glowing rod.

Lord Maul
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
K, what "hilt kit"?

for the mhs, go to the builder and you can do everything you need to do for a saber there :wink:

i have no clue what you're talking about wattage wise

Ryma Mara
04-09-2007, 01:36 AM
he means a 3w or a 5w or a k2.

Enolmano
04-09-2007, 03:01 AM
well, that depends on what color you want, and if you want souund...
why go with a sinktube? why not the all mighty MHS? (if so, wit a month to get the mightier MPS also... :P )

obiwankenewbie
04-09-2007, 06:59 AM
I want it in red, and i chose sinktubes because i want to do this as completely custom as possible. Thanks for the help!

Jonitus
04-09-2007, 07:37 AM
For the most basic of sabers, you need:

Sinktube
Sinktube to MHS adapter
MHS emitter of your choice
LED
Collimator holder
Collimator lens
Battery holder
Switch
Resistor
Blade

All can be found in the Shop. You can find the proper resistor in the resistor chart (LED resistor chart link on the main page of the Shop). Look for your color of LED and the voltage of your battery pack to find the correct one.

Start with that. Your question was "kinda" vague, so we don't know exactly what you want, and can't give you definitive answers yet about what to get. Tell us more about your saber you want to build and we can point you in the right direction.

Ryma Mara
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Dont forget a pommel, ya got to options. the end cap or you get another mhs to sinktube adaptor then you can use an mhs pommel.

Remember your gonna need a 1.5" sinktube to make the mhs to sink tube work right.

darthdan
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Unless you want to use a 1-1/4" sinktube, in that case just get the sinktube blade holder and you wouldn't have to get an emmitterand an adapter, just dremel yourself up a shroud or something...

Novastar
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Remember your gonna need a 1.5" sinktube to make the mhs to sink tube work right.You do not actually HAVE to use a 1.5" sink tube. You can use a 1.25" sink tube and slide it UNDERNEATH if you like. However:

1. You have to sand down the MHS coupler inside part a bit.
2. You might lose strength if you don't get it perfect and if you do not "tap" the sink tube (thread it for the screws a bit)

Personally, I'd love to see Tim configure the MHS to Sink Tube adapter to perfectly fit BOTH:

* 1.5" on the OUTSIDE
* 1.25" on the INSIDE (without having to sand)