PDA

View Full Version : Blade in a Blade? Bladeception!

starlighter1212
07-17-2019, 09:05 AM
This is probably extremely silly but I still thought of it and wondered what would happen. Has anyone tried doing a 1" thin walled blade with a 7/8" Blade inside of it. The shop is currently out of 1" Thick walled blades and I wanted to do a dueling build and was curious what this would do as far as lighting.
I would most likely use a clear 7/8" with a TransWhite 1".
I'm thinking it would just be pretty durable and would have a really strong "Core" effect.
Thoughts?

jbkuma
07-17-2019, 12:53 PM
7/8" won't fit.

I have done this with a 3/4" pixel blade that I call "pixel core." I've been working on the best way to diffuse things properly.

starlighter1212
07-18-2019, 08:22 AM
The inner diameter of the 1" Thin walled is 7/8". That's why I thought it would work. If I were doing the Thick walled I'd use the 3/4" for sure.
Even though the numbers work, does a 7/8" just not fit in the 7/8" hole of the 1" Thin walled?

jbkuma
07-18-2019, 02:54 PM
The 7/8" tube does not fit inside the 1" tube, and the 3/4" tube doesn't fit inside the 7/8" tube. Even if it almost fit, any bend or dent would cause it to get stuck even if you couldn't quite see it yourself.

lovetadraw
08-14-2019, 08:24 AM
I've found that 3/4" fits in thick walled 1" though.

jbkuma
08-14-2019, 05:06 PM
That is good to know, I will keep it in mind.

Tom Tilmon
08-21-2019, 09:06 PM
7/8" won't fit.

I have done this with a 3/4" pixel blade that I call "pixel core." I've been working on the best way to diffuse things properly.

How did that look? I think we're all still searching for the better mousetrap. I like my blades, but I still find things about them I don't like. Might be I stare at them too long, and over-analyze them.

jbkuma
08-22-2019, 07:51 AM
How did that look? I think we're all still searching for the better mousetrap. I like my blades, but I still find things about them I don't like. Might be I stare at them too long, and over-analyze them.

Probably too long and too close! I haven't had much time to work on the concept much, it works well, but there are things I would like to do better, and make things even more versatile.

Here's my original demo video:

https://youtu.be/qaaGkLQjzHc

lovetadraw
09-01-2019, 06:37 PM
The inner diameter of the 1" Thin walled is 7/8". That's why I thought it would work. If I were doing the Thick walled I'd use the 3/4" for sure.
Even though the numbers work, does a 7/8" just not fit in the 7/8" hole of the 1" Thin walled?

Don't hold me responsible if this doesn't work/gets stuck/breaks, but you could sand it down a little.

That blade is dope.