PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my diffusers

Strydur
01-04-2006, 02:26 AM
I have sent out quite a few and am wondering how they are working out. Are many or any of you noticing the "defect" that seems to be in some of them that shows up as white spots? If you do see them do you think the diffusers are still worth selling in thier current state? Any feedback positive or negative please. Please dont post in here except to give feedback on the subject.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Jedi Ranger
01-04-2006, 04:55 AM
The one I have is fine. The only white spots it had were dust, and I washed it out unde the shower.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

LAN-ED-TUL
01-04-2006, 07:46 AM
well, tim already knows about the one i got from him. it had those defects he talks about. he's already taking care of my situation. but i would say if someone just wanted to knock around with it and didnt care too much about the spots, state that and sell them that way as long as the person buying it understands that. maybe knock off a dollar for a defect tube. yeah, i know theyre already dirt cheap as it is, but i know Tim doesnt like to sell anything he wouldnt use himself either.

Hajime
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I bought 6 and only 1 had those spots,but the 3 MR fx conversions I've done, their diffuser had them to.Nylon 6/6 tubes are 10 times worse.I would say their still worth selling.I'm about to order more.Theres not much of a diffuser choice out there anyway besides Corbin's film which works great also

USFA
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
well mine did have the defect, as well as a large indent due to shiping [:(!] damn UPS. Quick question tim wasn't is supose to come in 40 inch? I thought it was yet only got like a 36 tube.

Strydur
01-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Not sure how you got a 36". Send me a e-mail with your order number and I will get you a new one.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

scaarmor
01-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Tim,
Got mine yesterday. They seem fine (saw 1 small spot here and there, but not enough to be concerned about). And DAMN they look good!!! Definitely recommend these over glass bead blasting. Thanks a million.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

UltraSWG
01-07-2006, 10:58 PM
They seem fine so far, Strydur. I haven't gone through all of them yet, but I have gone through at least 7-8 of em and while they have some minor blemishes, they look better than 6/6 nylon.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Wolverine
01-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Got mine from you last week, and haven't seen any blemishes.[8D]

Mur-Pa DiLos
01-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Got my diffusers yesterday, and they don't really seem to have any problems. No complaints here, a really great product.

Pat

Bobby Zero
02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
They work very well. Because of their OD, you can fit them inside the MR blade's diffuser, and the combination of the two will nearly erase any imperfections of either. I've used your diffuser to "clean up" a couple of my MR conversions, and I think it evens out the Luxeon light a little better than a single diffuser + mirror as well. This is especially true with the more narrow optics.

GrimaOllak
02-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Well, I finally got the chance to light mine up, and there are some "defect" spots near the top, but nothing really noticable. I doubt anyone would spot them unless they're looking for 'em.

sithmaster
02-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Hi Stydur ,

I am a newbie here and I have a question for you :

To get the best result, Does the diffuser put alone into the blade is sufficient or the blade need to be sanded too ?

LAN-ED-TUL
02-21-2006, 07:47 AM
folks are doin several different things but tims diffuser and his blade is all you need really. it lights up more like a MR. but brighter.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

BenReilly
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM
There were a few spots on my diffuser, but all in all it's not enuf to worry about.

jtsteph
02-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Works great!

Darth Frieds
02-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Mine looks great. No spots that i can see

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

Derthh_Mawlz
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Just got my first blade from Tim, used it for a MR Vader conversion and it works and looks great. A few white spots towards the tip, but unless the blade is just sitting there and you are staring at it, you are never going to notice.

Joe

Daj Nallig
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
No blemishes at all-quite satisfied with mine.[:D]

gsterley
03-22-2006, 04:54 PM
mine has numerous blemishes in it, nothing i would really complain about though. yes they are noticable when the blade is standing still, but overall i think they work great.

Strydur
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
If yours has quite a bit of blemishes take the diffuser out of the blade and blow it out with some compressed air. Any spec of dirt will show up as a blemish.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Do-Clo
03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Tim I had spots in mine so I removed the diffuser and packed a lint free cloth in the blade and pushed it through the blade with a wooden dowel, I then reinstalled the diffuser and did the same with the inside of the diffuser and it took care of almost all of the spots, the blade looks great now.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

gsterley
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
will do, ill have to try that on mine when i get a chance.

mike-jon-sims
05-07-2006, 07:35 PM
my blade has some splotches near the bottom but its not noticable unless your looking for it

Drewbacca
08-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Mine has several white spots all over it. However, you don't notice them unless your face is about 2 inches away from the blade. At first I thought it was from wacking stuff with it, but I soon realized that it was indeed the diffuser, not the polyc tube.

Firebird21
08-06-2006, 06:15 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Drewbacca

Mine has several white spots all over it. However, you don't notice them unless your face is about 2 inches away from the blade. At first I thought it was from wacking stuff with it, but I soon realized that it was indeed the diffuser, not the polyc tube.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you blow it out?

Remember, any speck of dust will show up like a mountain!

Have you read your Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577) today?
FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552)
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sabre.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/auto/car-smiley-032.gif Official Designated TCSS Jester! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrinjackbox.gif

Drewbacca
08-06-2006, 12:57 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Did you blow it out?

Remember, any speck of dust will show up like a mountain!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hah, you said blow! And no I didn't. It really doesn't bother me at all. The damn royal blue screws with your eyes so much you can't even focus on it for that long.