PDA

View Full Version : Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo Questions

Old Stormtrooper
01-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Is the Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ribbed-grooved-Choke-Combo-P524.aspx tough enough for dueling?

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the "flats" on the tops of the rib/grooves? I'm wondering if the tactile switch 17 https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Momentary-tactile-switch-P285.aspx could be mounted there.

And another, how many "sets" of rib/grooves are around the circumference? Looks to me like maybe 6, but I haven't seen anything definite.

Thanks, MTFBWY

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-22-2019, 05:20 PM
1. YeS.

2. Yes, that can be done.

3. 7, if you don’t count the bottom one next to the threads.

Old Stormtrooper
01-22-2019, 08:28 PM
1. YeS.

2. Yes, that can be done.

3. 7, if you don’t count the bottom one next to the threads.

For #3, I was trying to ask for "12 o'clock position to 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock back to 12 o'clock position" or "360 degrees like screwing the threaded parts together direction" count, not threads to choke. Sorry if I wasn't properly descriptive or my words didn't reflect what my brain thought they did. I had one too many things go boom too close and it seems that I'm not firing on all thrusters anymore.

For #1 & 2, YIPPIE!!! My greymatter gears are grinding away at a pitifully ponderous pace to work out a build! :shock:

jbkuma
01-22-2019, 09:04 PM
I think what you mean to ask is how many lengthwise grooves there are.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-22-2019, 09:25 PM
There are 6 “grooves” at 60 degree angles.

k6gad
01-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Re: Question 1....... you can get a relative idea of the thickness of parts and how suitable they are for dueling by looking at them in the "Saber Builder" ... choose "Internal View" and you can see how much room there is for electronics etc and it gives an approximation of relative thickness of the wall. Very cool feature....

Old Stormtrooper
01-24-2019, 04:51 PM
There are 6 “grooves” at 60 degree angles.

Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thank You! very much.

Old Stormtrooper
01-24-2019, 04:56 PM
Re: Question 1....... you can get a relative idea of the thickness of parts and how suitable they are for dueling by looking at them in the "Saber Builder" ... choose "Internal View" and you can see how much room there is for electronics etc and it gives an approximation of relative thickness of the wall. Very cool feature....

This is actually why I posed the question. The choke portion (which is actually a separate piece), looked significantly smaller than almost all of the other MHS parts for wall thickness. I figured asking would likely be less painful than having it snap in half with a good hit. :p

lovetadraw
01-28-2019, 02:33 PM
I've hard dueled with mine, held up just fine.