PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte V4 Assembly with JST connectors?

Obese Wan Kenobese
01-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Is there a diagram of instruction that will come with the Nano Biscotte V4 Assembly to tell us where to solder the data line?
www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHSv1-Nano-Biscotte-V4-Assembly-P1445.aspx

Can the Neopixel set up use JST connectors etc? My thought is that I could build the PCB on the hilt side with connectors so that I could use it in more complex blade holders with thin necks, such as www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHSV1-Blade-Holder-Style-21-P696.aspx If I'm understanding, the usual PCB hilt side will be in an adapter that fits in an LED module. I'm hoping to build a regular PCB like that with JST connectors, so I can swap for a different PCB built into the blade holder Style 21. This would essentially fit the PCB in the blade holder instead of the LED Module, so I'd need the JST to disconnect it from the Nano Biscotte assembly.

zaktp487
01-21-2019, 04:52 PM
I'd also like to know if it comes with any instructions or if there are any clear tutorials on where all the connectors go, and so forth.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-21-2019, 05:00 PM
I'd also like to know if it comes with any instructions or if there are any clear tutorials on where all the connectors go, and so forth.

If you look at the wiring harness item sold in the store I believe the conn3ctions are listed on there. Using the manual as verification should also be helpful.

Coleman
01-26-2019, 09:17 AM
So I too purchased two NBV4.1 assemblies with JST connectors/ harnesses. My setup does not have the jumper wire connecting red black battery to orange data line as in the description on the wire harness listing in the store. The data line is just left by itself. I’m not running Neopixel blade right now so it’s not needed anyway. My issue is that in both my MHS hilts ( one running Tri Cree RGB self built module the other RRW TCSS module) I get no FoC and there’s is not another way to hook everything up from my experimenting. It’s all color coded to make life simple. Any thoughts as to why I have no color FoC? I do get blade flicker effect when striking. Thanks in advance for feedback.

Obese Wan Kenobese
01-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Support has asked around and found that JST connectors are not recommended to pull more than 4 or 5 amps. Connecting the JSTs from the harness with a Neopixel set up may not be recommended. I'm assuming the JST connectors in the photograph of the NBv4 are for the jumpered set up to run regular LEDs.

If your set up is for Neopixel, but you aren't using the dataline jumpered to the third channel, that may be why your FOC isn't working? Or maybe something in the config file on the SDcard isn't set to run one channel for flashing. I'm not sure about these things. I haven't built one. I'm going by what I've read. It's all in my mind right now before buying.

Obese Wan Kenobese
02-04-2019, 05:23 PM
I'm considering looking for 2mm bullet connectors. They should handle 20amps. I could use them to split the NBv4+ and - into two each that can be disconnected as I need. This will allow me to put a PCB in a blade holder that has a thin neck, disconnect when needed and swap to any other blade holder.

Strydur
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
So I too purchased two NBV4.1 assemblies with JST connectors/ harnesses. My setup does not have the jumper wire connecting red black battery to orange data line as in the description on the wire harness listing in the store. The data line is just left by itself. I’m not running Neopixel blade right now so it’s not needed anyway. My issue is that in both my MHS hilts ( one running Tri Cree RGB self built module the other RRW TCSS module) I get no FoC and there’s is not another way to hook everything up from my experimenting. It’s all color coded to make life simple. Any thoughts as to why I have no color FoC? I do get blade flicker effect when striking. Thanks in advance for feedback.

The regular NB and and the NB Assembly use different wiring harness's. The Assembly one should not have a JST on the data line as shown in the pictures for the assembly. Our RRW TCSS module would not work unless you got the version made to work with the NB assembly setup.

Obese Wan Kenobese
03-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Where do I track down the manual for the assembly? It just shipped, will it arrive with the purchase?
I see the pin out list.
"From top to bottom, board pinout
** Positive (+)
** Negative (-)
** Activator switch
** Channel 1 (-)
** Channel 2 (-)
** Channel 3 (-)
** NeoPixel Data"
I'm using NeoPixel. What am I doing with channel 1,2 and 3? With regular RGB, that would be 1, 2, 3, right? But for Neopixel, doesn't the data line control color and power levels? I'll connect the +, -, and data line, then the config file should control things, right?

Am I able to wire in a recharge port in the future? Where does that connect?

Strydur
03-11-2019, 08:32 AM
You should not use a recharge port with the standard assembly as there is no way to cut power to the board. We will have a option to use a wired battery in the near future.

Negative from the hilt PCB for NP would go to channel 1 if 1 wire or channel 1 and 2 if running two wires.

Obese Wan Kenobese
03-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Thank you so much!

I just received my assembly and the special ordered color coded PCB. I notice the + has one wire, while the negative wires are each coded to channel 1 and channel 2. Would I gain an advantage to wiring both? Would that effect how I should set the config files?
https://i.imgur.com/PJAoSVg.jpg

Also, the assembly came with JST connectors, but as previously discussed they won't handle the amperage needed for neopixel, so I'm assuming I am to cut them and solder direct as color coded. I will be trying bullet connectors that should handle all the amps needed. If it works, I'll be able to switch the PCB inside various emitters that say they can't do that. There are many things I need help to do, but I have trouble accepting limitations. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/ZlnrCO2.jpg

Obese Wan Kenobese
03-11-2019, 06:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/C4fUW6c.jpg?1

Bypass the thin neck. The pins will be in the emitter with the blade. The bullet connectors will allow me to separate the PCB from the assembly when needed.
https://i.imgur.com/FIn0Ifc.jpg?1

Strydur
03-12-2019, 08:58 AM
By using two negatives you split the amperage between the two channels.

Obese Wan Kenobese
03-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Success! I've used bullet connectors to connect all the wires accordingly. I've reset the config and override files to run Neopixel. I can use the thin neck emitter with the PCB inside the blade side and still be able to disconnect when needed to put it in another emitter or assemble the MHS parts. I've put some heat shrink around the female connectors to make sure nothing shorts out while running. It's ready to go, but I don't have my MHS hilt complete. I've not made my final decisions yet.