PDA

View Full Version : New-ish here...really like the NeoPixel.

RonBTN
01-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Hello,

Been reading a little bit and cruising the store. I signed up a while back but I can remember if I posted here yet or not. Anyway...here I am :) I really like the NeoPixel blades.

Which I guess leads me to my first question...is there a "kit" of everything you need to convert an existing blade to a NeoPixel?

Thanks,
Ron

jbkuma
01-14-2019, 01:00 PM
There is no kit that has all of the various parts, but you will need a board capable of producing the proper signal. If your current board can't do that, you'll basically need to a full refit.

RonBTN
01-14-2019, 06:21 PM
There is no kit that has all of the various parts, but you will need a board capable of producing the proper signal. If your current board can't do that, you'll basically need to a full refit.

I figuered I would have to take one of my current hilts, gut it, and start with a hollow shell. Any direction on where to start from that point? Soldering and putting things together won't be an issue for me, but being a novice to all the different parts...thats another story...I don't know what works with what and the store doesn't seem to give a list of compatible parts... It is like a different language to me. :)

jbkuma
01-18-2019, 09:59 AM
The manual for the board you are using will have all of the information you need. There isn't really a list of compatible parts to make. Your parts list could be as simple as a board, speaker, switch, and pixel strips all hard wired. You can use the TCSS connectors, or any other appropriate connector of your choice.

lovetadraw
01-18-2019, 12:46 PM
I'd be careful of using the 15a batteries in the Keystone holders, I tried that and it snapped. Twice, one from TCSS and a spare I had lying around.