PDA

View Full Version : Faint Sound On Startup Before Boot sound on CF v9

Gecko
12-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone,
After wiring two nano biscotti cards and having them work, I moved on to the CF V9 card. I wired everything as shown in the manual. When I pulled the kill key, I get this faint oscillating sound then the boot sound. Everything functions just fine, I can load sound banks, I get response to movements, so the card appears to be fine. This may just be a quirk of the card, but the NB cards didn't do this so I just wanted to check if this was normal or not. The sound reminds me of what a very small electric motor sounds like when it's turning. Lasts about 0.5 seconds. Thanks!

David

cvsickle
12-14-2018, 09:16 AM
Does this occur on all sound banks? Just asking to make sure it's not the boot sound that is being used.

Probably more helpful discussion: are you using the SD card that came with the soundboard? I was having problems with mine and Erv (the guy who makes them) said that he'd had issues with slower SD cards so I tried one of the gray and red Samsung SD cards and it worked like a champ. Not sure if you're issue is related to the speed at which the CF is reading stuff from the SD.

Gecko
12-15-2018, 01:17 AM
It's a sound that happens before the actual boot sound. Even if I have it on and change sounds, as soon as it's ready to play the boot sound it first does this strange faint sound. Everything else is working fine (except I can't seem to get the RICE editor to link but I'm troubleshooting that), so I guess I'll play this off as a quirk of the card. Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that in the future if I feel like I need to.

cvsickle
12-15-2018, 06:12 AM
Ok, another question: did you remember to reformat the SD card before moving all of the sounds over to it?

Gecko
12-16-2018, 12:26 AM
Yes, I saw the note to reformat. I reformatted each time when I went from my custom setup to the default setup and back. It just seems to be a quirk about this card. I should have my second CF9 card up and going tomorrow, so we'll see how that one sounds. Thanks for the help.

cvsickle
12-16-2018, 04:46 AM
I'd still try a faster SD card to see what happens.

Gecko
01-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Haven't gotten around to trying a different SD card. It's very possible this is the right answer however it's working fine so I'm probably going to leave it for now. Thanks for the help.