PDA

View Full Version : Neopixel config issue?

LightsaberToothedTiger
10-28-2018, 10:40 PM
I managed to wire up a nano biscotte v4 to 2x ws2812b strips. 24 gauge wire on everything except the data line which is 30 gauge and 30 awg for the switch. Using a recharge port and currently hooked up to the 3400mah Panasonic battery offered at the store (waiting for my 10A battery). I have an 806 package SMD 470 ohm resistor mounted on the blade side PCB connector to bridge the pads. I have not installed a 470µF capacitor yet (wire to the +/- of just one strip or both?) but I intend on doing so tomorrow.

The saber totally works. It boots up, lights up, and cycles through the sound banks/colors properly. The problem is it will not scroll through the LEDs on ignition even though I have set lsfadeon and lsfadeoff to 1 and left lightstick at zero. I turned off flkr effects because I didn’t want to overdraw and the blade maintains a very steady blade color on each sound font except when FOC is activated. I have modified the qon and qoff parameters and the blade turns on according to those patterns but it comes on all at once instead of extending. FOC works as I have perscribed (all banks flash yellow). Hoping some of you may have insights and potential suggestions to help figure out where I messed up

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Most likely it’s the low discharge of the battery. I would wait until you get the proper battery for a Neopixel setup.

LightsaberToothedTiger
10-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Most likely it’s the low discharge of the battery. I would wait until you get the proper battery for a Neopixel setup.

Thank you. I will keep you posted once I get a chance to change the battery. Hoping I didn’t damage my strips

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
I doubt you did any damage.

LightsaberToothedTiger
10-31-2018, 01:04 PM
So still no luck after installing the high drain battery. I’m convinced I’ve wired it all right. I’ll fiddle with the config a bit more. I’ll get it!

Obese Wan Kenobese
03-12-2019, 07:24 PM
What came of this? Did you get it fixed?
I'm having trouble making sense of the config settings. Mine won't light. I know the blade works, because it works with another saber. Where is your source for knowing what to set on the config?
www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Nano%20Biscotte%20v4-GB.pdf ?

Edit: Well, I found my solution.
"To enable the ledstrip support on the board, the parameter ledstrip must set to a
non-zero value matching the number of pixels your blade has. This parameter is
stored in the override.txt file in the root of the SD card.
ledstrip=140"... Found in override.

"Ledstrip parameters :
ledstrip [0-150]: Enables the ledstrip support 3 channel drive list defining
the maximum drive of the high-power LED and therefore the blade color. 0
leaves the board in high-power LED mode
ls0 [5-50]: LED strip "zero" timing in multiple of 25.2ns. Sometimes had to
be adjusted of 1 or 2 units, depending on the strip used.
ls1 [5-50]: LED strip "one" timing in multiple of 25.2ns. Usually the double
of ls0.
lsfadeon [0-1]: enables the progressive fade in effect combined with the
ledstrip scrolling effect, which is the ScrollFade™ feature.
lsfadeoff [0-1]: same as above but during blade retraction.
lightstick [0-1]: when enabled, it removes the scrolling effect and lights"... Found in config files in each bank.

It also took me a while to figure out I need to hold the button long past the beep to switch font banks.