PDA

View Full Version : Broken solder pad on Lux III trace.

Darth Morbius
04-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Quick question:

Is it possible to fix a broken trace on a Lambertain emitter? The reason I ask is thus; I was checking my solder joint on the LED Positive lead and the pad came off the board....

I was thinking maybe it could be done, but is it worth it? :? Or should I just count my loss and get a new LED?

At least I can say my solder joint was strong...Strong enough to pull the trace pad up... :lol:

EDIT-Spelling :oops:

neophyl
04-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Theres normally 2 pairs of pads on each star emmitter anyway so just use the other side. If you cant do that then you can attach the wires to the emmitter directly where its soldered to the star substrate. You might have to mod whatever lens holder you use if you do that though to allow room for the wire.

Ryma Mara
04-02-2007, 03:30 AM
If iam getting this right do you mean the pad part where the led emitter attaches to the disk?

If so I have no idea how to fix that, if its not then try soldering to another pad.

Darth Morbius
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
It's just one of the copper trace pads where you solder your wire to the emitter. I'll attempt it on the other pads first.

I was concerned whether or not it would work...But it still does. Thanks guys! :D

jjshumpert
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
the pad on most lux that i have used are simply glued to the pcb, if you have this problem again use loc tite gel and reset the pad to the pcb and everything will be fine

Darth Morbius
04-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I will have to consider that...