PDA

View Full Version : Who shot first, Han or Greedo?

Seth Skywalker
06-15-2018, 07:41 PM
I think Han did, Greedo would not have missed if he shot first.

darth_chasm
06-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Han was the only one who shot... 1977

Greenie
06-16-2018, 07:18 AM
This is an odd poll. The only answer is the only one who fired a blaster. HAN SOLO.

I'm curious, cos of your age. Do you have the OT with or without the SE changes?

Seth Skywalker
06-16-2018, 07:45 AM
I think the one I have is the SE version, where it is unclear who shot first. I know, in the very first version Han was the only one who shot, but it was changed twice after that, where Greedo fired first, but missed and another time it was edited where both shot at the same time. Just curious, who agrees with wich version.

darth_chasm
06-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Han was the only one who shot... 1977

^this

The only answer is the only one who fired a blaster. HAN SOLO.

^and this

RavenXp
06-16-2018, 08:18 AM
I have the original trilogy before the SE changes, but it's been a while so I can't remember it clearly.

rlobrecht
06-18-2018, 12:18 PM
I own the originals (and the SE full screen and widescreen on VHS, and the DVDs and the Blu-Rays...), but no longer own a VHS player. 8-(

Jediseth
06-25-2018, 05:34 PM
^this

^and this

^ Lol :D

Jediseth
06-25-2018, 05:36 PM
I own the originals (and the SE full screen and widescreen on VHS, and the DVDs and the Blu-Rays...), but no longer own a VHS player. 8-(

If I owned one I’d probably tear it apart looking for parts for a saber.

Seth Skywalker
06-25-2018, 08:42 PM
If I owned one I’d probably tear it apart looking for parts for a saber.
lol. Thats what I do the whole time. If i ever see a broken camera, laptop.... etc. I HAVE to open it and take a look inside.

jbkuma
06-26-2018, 05:51 AM
Check out the "Despecialized Edition" not only is it beautifully restored well beyond any official release, it shows the truth of things.

Greenie
06-26-2018, 06:17 AM
^^ This.

I have them on a hard drive connected to my TV. They’re always just a click away.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm old enough to. have seen it in theatre in '77 and have the original version VHS boxed set. and functioning VCR...

...checking VCR against my fallible old coot memory...

...checked...@ 58:38 in: Han shot FIRST and ONLY. Greedo never shot at all.

Seth Skywalker
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Wow! I've never seen so much unison on a poll.

Check out the "Despecialized Edition" not only is it beautifully restored well beyond any official release, it shows the truth of things.
I'll check it out. Thanks!

cvsickle
07-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Once you've seen the original shot, you can't unsee how poorly done the SE changes are. They just switch to a freeze frame of Han and Greedo and edit in some blaster fire. It is horrendous.

Tom Tilmon
07-02-2018, 09:26 PM
The end scene in Solo was a nod to the fans. Lots of fans were not happy at some of the changes Lucas made in the 90s to the films we loved, and although he stated that his changes were his original intentions, they kind of ruined the image of the scruffy looking nerf herder that we came to love beginning in the Cantina at Mos Eisley Spaceport. Here you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious. ;)

You need to watch the originals for sure. The reason for the unison, is that most of us are older and saw the originals. I might have seen ANH over a thousand times, probably more.

Tom

RavenXp
07-03-2018, 09:29 AM
I was raised on the pre-SE versions.

Seth Skywalker
07-03-2018, 10:17 AM
The end scene in Solo was a nod to the fans. Lots of fans were not happy at some of the changes Lucas made in the 90s to the films we loved, and although he stated that his changes were his original intentions, they kind of ruined the image of the scruffy looking nerf herder that we came to love beginning in the Cantina at Mos Eisley Spaceport. Here you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious. ;)

You need to watch the originals for sure. The reason for the unison, is that most of us are older and saw the originals. I might have seen ANH over a thousand times, probably more.

TomWell, I actually just became a star was fan a bit less than a year ago. But, I have watched ANH two times, ESB two times, ROTJ two times, TPM once, AOTC once, ROTS three times, TFA twice, TLJ two times, R1 twice as well, and have not seen solo yet. So in total I have watched 17 Star Wars movies. Not bad for one year.

Greenie
07-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Ok! Who's the 1% that needs re educating? :twisted::mrgreen:

jbkuma
07-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Ok! Who's the 1% that needs re educating? :twisted::mrgreen:
You can click the numbers to see.. :confused::-x