PDA

View Full Version : Mr soundboard connector!!

vortextwist
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I got an anakin mr soundboard today and the people that had it before me cut all but 1 of the neg wires and the clash sensor wires. Is there a place to get these plugs. Here's a pic of what I need.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/vortextwist/light%20saber%20pics/newlightsabers019-1.jpg

jjshumpert
03-29-2007, 06:03 PM
do you have the shock sensor? if so then wire it into the blue wire like it should be, and get yourself some of those little molex metal caps for the wires so you can replace all the neg leads you need to get your power to the lux

vortextwist
03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
yea I have everything but the wires. I have searched for about 3 hours for them and can't find em. I found these but don't know it the wire connectors are the same. I thought about pulling the wires and everything out and putting them in the mr one, if they were the same or close.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/CON-88/189/2_8-PIN_CONNECTORS_W__HEADERS_.html

jjshumpert
03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
take the molex plug you have to radio shack and let them get you the metal wire ends needed, the wire you need is 24 gauge, in a pinch you can use the wire out of phone cables

Ryma Mara
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I got miles of phone cable and cat 5 cable.

supertrogdor
03-30-2007, 07:18 AM
I concur with JJ, you should be able to find something at RadioSmack, even if you buy a connector of a similar size and gut it for the pieces. Or if you have a more robust electronics store in your neighborhood they should be able to provide you with just the crimp on connectors, good luck to you in your search and i hope you dont have too much trouble finding an appropriate solution.

vortextwist
03-31-2007, 04:47 AM
me too. I have a connector I can use but not enough for all 3 boards I have. I wish the anakin was like the luke and mace.

erv
03-31-2007, 11:10 AM
I might sounds silly but.... how about soldering ? I'm never using those connectors, on the various MR board I've taken out to put in personnal sabers, I've always soldered wires on it, plus a bit of heatshrinking tube to isolate everthing properly.
Is the plug the one used for the LED strip ? I solder a bit of hardwire under the board (after removing the female connector, but you don't necessarly need to do that) and it create the common kathode wire that goes to the luxeon. Much simpler than wiring the 6 wires AFTER the plug.
If you need however a quick connector to change the luxeon, you just need 2 terminal plug/connector (just like the one Strydur sells here). It can be as well a... hell, forgot the english name of that : screw terminal blocks used for house electricity.
My point : don't waste to much of you time trying to get the exact part if the MR board is meant to be used in a custom saber or luxeon saber :D
Good luck with this, hope I've been clear, PM me if I totally misunderstood or if it's greek to you ( :oops: )

Erv'

vortextwist
03-31-2007, 11:42 AM
lol :lol: na it's ok. I thought about soldering the grounds together on the board. thanks for everyones help